name that tune

Help Support Steer Planet:

aj

Dang stick you are good. It rang a bell but I couldn't place it. It doesn't hurt to get the led out once in a while. Thank god no one has done a rap deal yet. Rap is one thing I just never got. I like john lee hooker and rock and hank senior and bluegrass but rap neverang my whistle. Does that make me old cranky pants?

stick

aj, not that good. I knew it was Zepplin, but almost typed Whole Lotta Love until I ran it over in my head. I finally have my youngest listening to "good" music. Skynyrd, Allman Bros., Thoroughgood, and lots of others. He used to call it foggie music, now he calls it by it's proper name...classic rock.

farmboy

aj said:
Dang stick you are good. It rang a bell but I couldn't place it. It doesn't hurt to get the led out once in a while. Thank god no one has done a rap deal yet. Rap is one thing I just never got. I like john lee hooker and rock and hank senior and bluegrass but rap neverang my whistle. Does that make me old cranky pants?
I DON'T PECULARY LIKE RAP BECAUSE YOU CAN'T EVER UNDERSTAND A SINGLE WORD. MOST ARE LIKE THAT OR SING ABOUT OBCENETIES (sp).
IS THIS BETTER RED  (cow)

red

Much, thank you!
I just wanted to explain to you my reasoning.

Red (trying not to be Grandma Cranky Pants)

DL

Which Allman Brother married Cher?

Who sang "Stuck in side of Moblie with the Memphis blues again"

Who thought until last week that the words were "Stuck inside a mobile with the Memphis blues again" (and it made sense)

Who sang "Just like the white winged dove...sings a song ....sounds like she's singing..."

(there are a few more in my head but if get #3 you will understand my reluctance at this time  ;D ;D

red

Which Allman Brother married Cher? Greg

Who sang "Stuck in side of Moblie with the Memphis blues again" Bob Dylan/ Tangled up in Blue- no wonder you coudn't understand Bob!

Who thought until last week that the words were "Stuck inside a mobile with the Memphis blues again" (and it made sense) probably you, me & everyone else!

Who sang "Just like the white winged dove...sings a song ....sounds like she's singing..." Stevie Nicks

(there are a few more in my head but if get #3 you will understand my reluctance at this time  ;D ;D
[/quote]

aj

I always thought the american pie song "was drinking whiskey and rye" but I guess rye is a town in new york state?Thus drinking whiskey in rye. (pop)

DL

aj said:
I always thought the american pie song "was drinking whiskey and rye" but I guess rye is a town in new york state?Thus drinking whiskey in rye. (pop)

I'm with ya aj, I thought it was "whiskey and rye" and I knew there is a town in NY called Rye

there was also some song that was Poetry in motion" and I thought it was "Oh a tree in motion" - always ;iked the tree better...

aj

Wasn't it by jim groce. DANG(joe dirt is my hero) Wasn't groce killed in a plane crash also. What is it about planes. Another wild man that died in his 20's was Mozart.

red

aj said:
Wasn't it by jim groce. DANG(joe dirt is my hero) Wasn't groce killed in a plane crash also. What is it about planes. Another wild man that died in his 20's was Mozart.

It was Jim Croce, yes he was another that died in a plane crash. Also had Time in a Bottle, I've Got a Name, & You Don't Mess Around w/ Jim.

Red

cowz

What other classic rock group lost part of the band in a plane crash.?  ( Hint  Simple kind of man)

occ

Lynnrd Skynnrd, I think it was Ronnie Van Zant (brother is donnie) who died in the plane crash.  Here in so. ga Sweet Home Alabama and Freebird are more like anthems than just songs.  My children got their 1st Lynnrd Skynnrd cd when they were about 8 years old.  Every road trip to a cow show is a music appreciation lesson. 

for name that tune;  title and artists of these lyrics - "I work 10 hours on a John Deere tractor, just thinkin' of you all day, I got a calico cat and a 2 room flat, on a street in west LA"

I also like some Kid Rock, if he would leave out the ugly words,  "It Ain't Cocky If You Back It Up" is pretty good without the profanity.

we try to come up with a theme song for each show season, any suggestions for this year?  My kids think I am sooo lame, hopefully years from now they will remember me as fun.