New Trausch Farms Bull

Help Support Steer Planet:

Limiman12

Carlson Cattle said:
He is a TH carrier correct?

Not sure, I didn't ask.  Frankly he Is two calf crops from me using him.    In the future though unless you KNOW he is, ask, "is he a THC?"  Or is he clean or what is THC status?    The shuttle shift of wording implies that you think he is which maybe is the case, but some one else may read it wrong and believe something that is not known as fact.  Not just on here but in life, choose words to eliminate the chance of misunderstanding

hntwhitetail

Limiman12 said:
Carlson Cattle said:

Not sure, I didn't ask.  Frankly he Is two calf crops from me using him.    In the future though unless you KNOW he is, ask, "is he a THC?"  Or is he clean or what is THC status?    The shuttle shift of wording implies that you think he is which maybe is the case, but some one else may read it wrong and believe something that is not known as fact.  Not just on here but in life, choose words to eliminate the chance of misunderstanding

+1

Carlson Cattle

Limiman12 said:
Carlson Cattle said:

okay.

Carlson Cattle

here is a picture of him in the yards.

Attachments

• IMG_20140117_122558_225-1-732504.jpg
    IMG_20140117_122558_225-1-732504.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 340

Mainevent

I saw this bull walk in to the display last night and was not a fan. Very small, no nutted, and had trouble moving out seemed to me, very small footted. But was very hairy and seemed to have some natural muscle shape.

ferkj

Mainevent said:
I saw this bull walk in to the display last night and was not a fan. Very small, no nutted, and had trouble moving out seemed to me, very small footted. But was very hairy and seemed to have some natural muscle shape.

Keep in mind he is a late April baby so he's given away 2-3 months of growth compared to alot of the other bulls there.  May be a good answer for the larger framed simmi or maine cows that are out there.  Definetly a terminal sire though.

Carlson Cattle

better picture of him in the yards.

Attachments

• 1525095_600305140038070_1412232790_n.jpg
    1525095_600305140038070_1412232790_n.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 252

renegadelivestock

from the pics of him in the yards, he looks a little hard gutted, some might argue that it is because he is standing stretched out, I would wonder if her is stretched because he is a bit straight off both ends. hard to say from a pic

Limiman12

ferkj said:
Mainevent said:

Keep in mind he is a late April baby so he's given away 2-3 months of growth compared to alot of the other bulls there.  May be a good answer for the larger framed simmi or maine cows that are out there.  Definetly a terminal sire though.

He is actually a may according to their Facebook page.  Explains frame and nuts if he is giving up 2-3 months

MCC

Mainevent said:

Saw him today and I agree,

ejoe326

How's he moving off that front end?

The one picture makes him look really straight.  Is he deeper in person than he looks in the picture?

sizzler14

Limiman12 said:
ferkj said:
Mainevent said:

He is actually a may according to their Facebook page.  Explains frame and nuts if he is giving up 2-3 months
This could be  true. or they could have had a lot of snow out that way and not "found" him to the end of april first of may

DSC

He is a younger calf and he has more guts than the pictures show. Good calf just real young.

Carlson Cattle

here are a couple more pictures without a stall divider in front of the bull

Attachments

• IMG_0732-775214............................................jpg
    IMG_0732-775214............................................jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 282

Clubby24

Carlson Cattle said:
here are a couple more pictures without a stall divider in front of it. also i am now thinking tomahawk chop with be a better option... what do you all think about tomahawk chop being a better option? one reason i think he is better is just because of his age. and overall look of being bigger.

That may have been one of the dumbest things I have ever heard....

obie105

Carlson, what did you breed all your cows to last year after all the questions a year ago? When are they due? Depending on those calves that would help with breeding decisions I would think. Did you ever get any of your cows tested?

vcsf

obie105 said:
Carlson, what did you breed all your cows to last year after all the questions a year ago? When are they due? Depending on those calves that would help with breeding decisions I would think. Did you ever get any of your cows tested?

I would also be curious how his embryo transplant program turned out where he was going to implant eggs in May into 16 recips that calved in April.