was wonderin if anyone thought she was worth keepin for a replacement
and show at our small county fair
thanks

Attachments

• Picture 928.jpg
    Picture 928.jpg
    883.6 KB · Views: 168

beattieclubcalves

why would i clip her if im keepin her for in herd use and not showin her til next july kind of pointless dont ya think

JoeDirt

I would sell her and get something else

your never going to get show stock out of her lol

justintime

I totally disagree with 100million. I think your heifer has some very good qualities.She may not be a show winning heifer, but she looks to me to have lots of thickness, depth and she is pretty straight in her lines. You may have to be careful how she is bred, but i think she is quite capable of producing some very good calves. Personally, I would take her in a heart beat before I would buy some of the so called show heifer types.

CJC

I agree with 100 Mill on this one. When I looked at the picture first I thought you had a bull , then I read the post. I wouldn't even think about keeping her.

beattieclubcalves

thats alright 100 million she is stayin in the herd when we win the heifer show we will send ya some pics and you can garuntee we will send you pics of her first calf to prove you wrong

steershower09

Read through some of your posts asking opinions on your calves, seems like anyone who dose not like them is wrong, and those few who do are right.  As for this one, if she makes a steer just like her, i would walk by it and not even give it a second glance. Someone just looking to show a steer and dose not want to pay much for one might want it though.  By the way, winning a heifer class at a county fair means fairly little to how good a heifer is.

BABYTEX

i am a junior member, Yes we have shown some very nice show cattle if i want having problems attaching pics i would send some but we have also out of our own herd. a couple of very nice cow calf pairs as a matter of fact we left a our best animals home from the minnesota state fair to take the more showy aminals, and the cow calf pair was out of our own herd . i think to many of u show people including myself get to carried away. our neighbor has a herd of about 1700 angus cattle and yes his children did show, but they did not get highly into the "HAIR" shows and he is a very rich man. Yes i feel this heifer will make an okay commercail animal in any herd.

BABYTEX

here is a pic of a sunseeker heifer i will be showing this year she is a may calf and was just weaned on wed evening so she is set up the best i was able to get her. i am working on breaking her and she is doing very well for only three days of work!!!!

Attachments

• steerplanet pic.doc
    812 KB · Views: 231

JoeDirt

BABYTEX said:
i am a junior member, Yes we have shown some very nice show cattle if i want having problems attaching pics

Baby in your other post you attached a Word Document picture

you need to attach a Jpeg or bitmap picture

so how do u do it?

Find the picture that your camera took and attach that... DONT OPEN WORD AND THEN PUT THE PICTURE IN WORD THEN ATTACH THAT TO YOU post...

I hope this helps

BTW

your calf is way nicer then beattie red hamburger heifer  (lol) (lol) (lol)

I would pick your hands down over his... is yours the best NO but i do like it and it needs a hiar cut and I know you have not give it one :) <rock> <rock>