Pics of Red Angus ET Calves - Update (last page)

Help Support Steer Planet:

Redangus01

They look good. I just bred my Majestic Lighting Sired Show Heifer to Fat Tony for a April Calf . Bred this heifers mother to Ignition - he is a Northline Bull also.

3dfarms

Enjoyed looking at the photos.  Looks like you have a tough decision to make.  The mating certainly looks like it has worked so far.  I can also see others suggestions as to try other bulls.

For me it would depend on if you have used other bulls on her in the past and how successful you were at marketing those genetics.  If this mating works the best than I would flush her again the same way.

squirt71

Update 10-2:

We're thinking of taking these heifers to some breed shows.  Will they compete?  It's been about 2 weeks since weaning.  These heifers will go on show feed hopefully by the weekend. They are all ET calves except for the 2nd one.

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Show Dad

Nice set Squirt! I think a couple look like they could replace their dam. I would like to see them in about a month before I decided which ones to show. It would allow you to see how they responded to the show feed. But my pick from the picts I would line them up 4, 1, 2, 3.
<alien>

squirt71

Thanks everyone!  I was hoping I wasn't too barn blind.  We will have 6 open heifers go into the show pen to be put on show feed and broke.  Then we'll weed them out after a while.  I'm a little disappointed in how the 3rd one pictured, she's my favorite.  The 2nd one is a bigger framed heifer, and a little more coarse right now,  I hope she'll smooth out on the show feed.  Thanks again for the input!