Red Bulls------ club calf, sim, or maine...

Help Support Steer Planet:

vcsf

firesweepranch said:
Here is another one that came across my mailbox today. He comes from a great ranch too!

I am fairly sure that is the bull being called the best red simmental on the planet and it is stated he will be a legend in a different thread.

kfacres

vcsf said:
firesweepranch said:
Here is another one that came across my mailbox today. He comes from a great ranch too!

I am fairly sure that is the bull being called the best red simmental on the planet and it is stated he will be a legend in a different thread.

they'd better start promoting his pedigree then, so we all know how to breed the damned thing.

firesweepranch

firesweepranch said:
One of the things that iritate me the most.. is flyers like this.. Atleast you could put who he's sired by...  I mean I could see leaving out certain things purposly to get people to visit your website, but I feel that atleast hte sire and maternal grandsire is required... ETA: Then when you go to the website, I still can't find a pedigree, or picture of the bull..  Poor advertising...  I don't really want to go struggle to find out what hte bull really is by going to the ASA site... 

that's a belly dragger...
[/quote]

I agree! I went to Hale website, and clicked on the red banner advertising his semen for sale in Denver. It just opened up to this pdf that came in my mailbox. Here is a cut and paste copy of his pedigree from the Simmental web site. I had to search his registration number to get his pedigree:

PPSR MONTANA IRISH 107D 1757254 PP
                  STF MONTANA BLACK KF25 2063106 PP
                          STF DESA RAE 1877184 P
      STF DOMINIQUE R170 2291316 PP
                          STF MR MOMENTUM H508 1972964 BB PP
                DLS BLACK BALDIE L170 2124023 P
                          RUSS MACK 170B 1680472 P
  MACK AF W273 2608047 R P
                            STF MUCH MORE K300 2063101 P
                  STF RED THUNDER 2155325
                            STF MISS GL8 1953665 P
        MISS THUNDER PINE S273 2608046 B P
                          SS GOLDMINE L42 2106737 BB PP
              MISS PINE P400 2250444 P
                          STF MISS JANUARY K730

kfacres

Montana Irish, related to the Black Irish behind Meyer?

Anyone else notice that every animal pictured on that website, minus one donor was red?  Is this place 95% red cattle?  Crazy to think about in today's day in age.. but very cool and balsy to think about...admirable...

if only they'd post a pedigree somewhere...

hate to say it, but if this is the world's greatest bull from the other post... that picture of the TNT red bull posted towards the top of this thread...  I think is way better.. O0 (dog)

firesweepranch

Cut the BS said:

Anyone else notice that every animal pictured on that website, minus one donor was red?  Is this place 95% red cattle?  Crazy to think about in today's day in age.. but very cool and balsy to think about...admirable...

hate to say it, but if this is the world's greatest bull from the other post... that picture of the TNT red bull posted towards the top of this thread...  I think is way better.. O0 (dog)
No, not the same. Montana Irish sire is Black Irish Kansas, and Meyer is sired by Mr Black GW6X. Not related.

Hale ranch specializes in Red Simmentals.

kfacres

firesweepranch said:
Cut the BS said:

No, not the same. Montana Irish sire is Black Irish Kansas, and Meyer is sired by Mr Black GW6X. Not related.

Hale ranch specializes in Red Simmentals.

I swore I thought Meyer was a grandson of Black Irish?  What popular Sim bull is a grandson of Black Irish then?  I've seen that name a ton...

firesweepranch

Cut the BS said:

I swore I thought Meyer was a grandson of Black Irish?  What popular Sim bull is a grandson of Black Irish then?  I've seen that name a ton...
[/quote]

Here is Meyer's pedigree off the simmental website

MIDNIGHT SPECIAL 31N 0750053 P
                    T N T MR T 1011210 P
                            TNTS BLACK LADY 0661103 P
          MR BLACK GX 6W 1219917 P
                            PERFORMER 0764145 P
                    MISS GX 852T 1067049 P
                            MISS GX-M458 0644988 H
  MEYER RANCH 734 1390632 BB H
                            L-7 MR BIG-N-TALL 0509215 H
                    ABC BIG-N-TAL JUNIOR 0578631 H
                            ABC BARBARA 174D 0571504 H
          MISS GX 728R 0895637 H
                            MMV TAQUIN B9 0031647 H
                    H421_ 0385189 H
                              F342_

knabe

Cut the BS said:
any red maine bulls out there/

the criteria of utility was a little vague.  what kind of cows, what are expectations considering your past comments on maine's.

red purebred maine's or fullbloods?  if you want red purebreds, you might have to go to canada.

kfacres

knabe said:
Cut the BS said:

the criteria of utility was a little vague.  what kind of cows, what are expectations considering your past comments on maine's.

red purebred maine's or fullbloods?  if you want red purebreds, you might have to go to canada.

i just wanna know if there are any out there...  purebred more so, but fullblood is cool too-- i'm guessing all the fullblood bulls are red though.. ;) 

past comments huh??  I'll be..

knabe

fullbloods are out there.  there may be some roaning gene somewhere but i haven't seen a picture of one in a fullblood, maybe only a stencil.

maybe you will get a text if you are really interested from someone on here who has a few of them right now.

bentley's has some and he advertises on the amaa site.

i would have a specific goal and expectations in mind as there won't be stacked pedigrees on them.

kfacres

knabe said:
fullbloods are out there.  there may be some roaning gene somewhere but i haven't seen a picture of one in a fullblood, maybe only a stencil.

maybe you will get a text if you are really interested from someone on here who has a few of them right now.

bentley's has some and he advertises on the amaa site.

i would have a specific goal and expectations in mind as there won't be stacked pedigrees on them.

i'm different than the normal 24 y.o.  don't do the texting game...

Wasn't there someone in TX who posted some pics at one time on here? 

knabe

Cut the BS said:
i'm different than the normal 24 y.o.  don't do the texting game...

Wasn't there someone in TX who posted some pics at one time on here? 

so, you don't play games, but you do the SP game which is a form of texting. ::) 

whatever, you appear to be a typical 24 year old. ;)  quite like a lot of other 24 year olds, even myself when i was 24.

someone will contact you if you are truly interested, i guarantee it.

znt representing J&J farms and quite a few others have them in texas

leanbeef

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think you're thinking of Black Irish Kansas, often referred to as "Black Irish" and in the pedigree of LOTS of the black cattle today if you trace em back far enough. He was bred by Taylors in Kansas and was one of the early homozygous black bulls alongside 600U and Black Mick that got a lot of use around the time black Simmental were becoming popular because he was homozygous black, homozygous polled and a non spotter. He was touted as a super easy calving, highly maternal bull that turned out to be a high marbling bull as well. His sire was a black baldy named Irish Black Knight, a full brother to Black Mick and Red Brother, that also appears in a lot of pedigrees on the cow side of some good AI breeding bulls. I never used Irish Black Knight because he was the heteroz black & polled (and prob spot gene carrier) brother, but we used Black Mick and Red Brother in our change from traditionally colored, spotted Simmies to the (mostly) homozygous black program we have now. I did notice him in a lot of cow pedigrees of bulls I liked, though, and I searched out and bought an Irish Black Knight daughter from Leachmans back in '02...the Legacy heifer calf that was on that cow is one of my favorite cows in our herd today.

ALTSIMMY 79

firesweepranch said:
Hmmm , punched his ASA number in and got the epds on that Mack bull , pretty dissapointing , nuff said ! Like that other one you posted though !

CCW

svf/njc built right and gws trademark are out of one of the best cows the breed has ever seen, NJC Ebony Antoinette  who is a Black Irish Kansas daughter. That's probably where you have seen Black Irish Kansas is in the pedigree of those 2 successful bulls.

sosf ebonys joy- the mother to ebonys grandmaster and numerous high selling cattle in the breed is a granddaughter of Ebony Antoinette on the maternal side.

firesweepranch

ALTSIMMY 79 said:
firesweepranch said:
Hmmm , punched his ASA number in and got the epds on that Mack bull , pretty dissapointing , nuff said ! Like that other one you posted though !

I agree, and the is the one posted in the "best red simmental bull ever" thread! You can keep him!!! I wonder what they are asking for his semen...

Pleasant Grove Farms

I would be pretty sure that Hales' didn't put that bull's pedigree in that ad because of his poor EPD's....
all you have to do is look at his pedigree and see his sire and you will know that his maternal EPD's will be very, very poor.....

DOMINIQUE's maternal numbers are horrible and he has been around and used for some years, so they do have some accuracy.....

he does throw alot of "look" and some big-time breeders have used him and his female progeny have sold well for them (will not name names); same with Desperado females; I could never figure out how people could sell females out of him, but they LOOK good; (until they calve and try milk);  so there are some big name breeders who have sold Desperado females for alot of money also;

I could never figure it out.    ???

ZNT

Cut the BS said:

Here is just what the Shorties need!  We will have him at Ft. Worth this year.

Attachments

• JJN Quillium 122811.JPG
    JJN Quillium 122811.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 204