RED

Help Support Steer Planet:

inthebarnagain

I am truly sorry to hear of Red's passing.  She was a wonderful person who was loved by many.  I still remember when I was having some medical problems, Red was the first person who sent me an email with a phone number for me to call her and she checked on me every day.  I will miss her terribly. 

Maybe we as a steerplanet group could do something like a scholarship or something in her name. 

lowann

This is such sad news. She was the heartbeat of Steer Planet. She will be terribly missed. My deepest condolences to her family. (angel)

P-F

Goodbye Friend (angel)

Attachments

• n1009343576_982.jpg
    n1009343576_982.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 672

Barrel Racer

I am so truly sorry to hear of Red's passing.  She was one of the most kind, caring people I have known.  I had never met her face to face, but though e-mails she kept up to date on Turbo and my other horses.  I remember discussing how we always wanted  to have small birthday parties and buy presents for our animals on their birthdays.  When we lost our son in December she e-mailed me multiple times to check on us and to see if there was anything she could do.  She will be truly missed by all who have known her.  (angel)

Joe Boy

She will be missed deeply for her thoughtfulness.  She was so kind to us when my wife was so ill.  I would not be here without her invitation.  I have already missed her tongue in cheek comments of days gone by.  One of my goals was to meet her and get to laugh with her in person.  To Mark and her family we give our deepest sympathy and love.
joe dale wilson

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort; who comforteth us in all our affliction, that we may be able to comfort them that are in any affliction, through the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God." 2 Cor 1:3-4 (ASV)

braunvieh

Just found out the news, we are so saddened to hear. Red was such a nice and respectful person. We could all learn and thing or two from her. Never met her but felt her presence strong on steerplanet. We will all miss you RED!

Reinken Cattle Co.

I woke up this morning to read this news, I thought this couldnt be true after how well she was doing!  :'(  I am glad she got to see some of her spring calves that she was long waiting for, and it sounds like her last few days were amazing! Our prayers go out to Cathy and her family in this hard time.

Matt Reinken

DCC_Cattle

Condolences to Red's family! Although I never got to meet Red in person, I felt like I knew her from reading her posts on here. I always enjoyed reading what she wrote. She welcomed everyone and always had kind words to say. It sounds like she had a great day at the Ohio Beef Expo, on Friday. Rest in peace, RED you will be missed!

CJC

Condolences to the family. Cathy was and will always be a big part of SP. Gone but not forgotten. 

Davis Shorthorns

WoW, I can't believe this.  Rest in Peace Red.  You were truly the heart of Steer planet and it will never be the same without you.  (angel)

Billenstein Farms

I would like to inform everyone on the funeral arrangements for Cathy ( Red) Billenstein. It was Cathys wish to be cremated nad have no viewing. I the funeral will be on Friday March 27th at 11:00am at Trinity Lutheran chirch in Jenera ohio. It is the wish of the family that any flowers that you would like to send  can be sent to;
Schinderwolf, Stevens, Stout Funeral Home
    200 E Columbus St
    Kenton, Ohio 43326
    419-673-2121
Any donations that would like to be made in Cathy's honor can be made to;
Trinity Evengelical Lutheran Church
305 N Main st
Jenera Ohio 45841
419-326-4402

After the funeral there will be a lunch served in the church's basement if any would like to attend and talk about there fond memories of  how Cathy touched your lives during her time here with us. Agian we appreciate any and all prayers for Mark and the family may God bless each and everyone of you. Jessica Billenstein

cowz

Would it be possible to post a mailing address so that those of us who cannot attend the services may send cards of condolence?  I would appreciate it if we could send Mark our love and thoughts.

PLKR

Our family just returned home to Iowa from our first trip to the Ohio Beef Expo.  While taking in the Shorthorn and Maine sales, we were on the lookout for the self-proclaimed "looney looking woman being dragged by a Corgi" in a Red Maple jacket, and are now shocked to hear why we didn't get the chance to meet her.  Red will be missed.  Our thoughts and prayers are with the Billenstein family; we hope you find comfort in knowing she spent her final day here feeling great and doing what she loved. 

Nasc

Just don't know what to say. Red will be missed greatly.

DLD

Wow. Just got home from OYE and found this.  I can't find the words...  

Cathy was such a rare person,  her heart and soul touched so many. She will be greatly missed.

Godspeed, my friend.

My deepest sympathies go out to Mark and the rest of the family,  and all of her friends here, and elsewhere.

:'(

CPL

I also just got in from a long weekend, and just learned of the saddening news. Red really was so full of life and really did add so much to these boards. She was very inviting and friendly, she even gave me a karma point "just because". I went back and looked at that and it made me smile. I didn't know her in real life, but just from conversing with her through these boards I know God really did get a good one. I will definitely keep all the family in my prayers.