RED

Help Support Steer Planet:

Throttle

Cathy looked great Friday. You'd never have known that she was anything other than healthy and man was she happy to be there. I'm really glad that she got out to the Expo this year. I hadn't seen her in a couple of years and her presence had been missed in the Maine aisles. God works in mysterious ways...so glad He blessed her with what she loved and gave her the opportunity to be there... glad He blessed us all with her presence...It's hard for us here on Earth, but she deserves the new home where she now rests with her perfect health and happiness

marsh

My condolences go out to all of Red's family and friends.  I was so sorry to hear of the news last night on returning from the expo.  I met Red on Friday for the first time.  She was everything I expected her to be and more.  We had a long discussion about cattle, but the thing I enjoyed most was her interest in my wife who is currently battling breast cancer.  Red had some very encouraging words for me to communicate to my wife which I did.  Red and my wife were diagnosed around the same age and her encouraging words made me feel much better.  She will be greatly missed, and I feel blessed that I was able to meet her.  My thoughts and prayers are with her family.

Simmymom1

(angel)  I just got on the computer and I can not believe what I am reading.  I never had the privilege of meeting Cathy, but as so many on here have said, I really felt like I knew her.  Cathy had a very big heart and always said what she wanted to say and I respected her for that. 

I feel like the "Heart" of SP is gone.  We all know that she is in a better place, but gosh how do we all go on from here without her?  My prayers go out to her family and her animals, and to all of us on SP to somehow make it through without her being a part of our daily lives.

Rest in Peace Red....We all love You!!  Lisa

showstick09

I haven't been on the planet in a couple of days, but when I got on and saw this post it was such a shock! I too never got to meet Red, but I felt like I knew her anyways. My prayers go out to the family and her steerplanet family. We will all miss you.

vc

I never met or spoke with Red, but it is amazing how from readings some ones post that you can feel that you know them. I always got the feeling that if I had met her I would have liked her. I was floored when I logged on this morning and read this post. I will miss her stories, jokes and over all good personality.

My prayers are with her family.

steermomintx

I have not been on the planet in a couple of days and just logged on this morning.  I am in shock and so saddened by this news.

My thoughts and prayers are with her family!!  We lost a great lady!!

MooMooLover

I have not been a member very long, but I always read all of her posts.  She was one person I had planned on meeting at OBE. It won't be the same without her. She will be greatly missed by everyone. :'(

SouthWest

Roy Rogers Prayer

Lord, I reckon I'm not much just by myself,
I fail to do a lot of things I ought to do.
But Lord, when trails are steep and passes high,
Help me ride it straight the whole way through.

And when in the falling dusk I get that final call,
I do not care how many flowers they send,
Above all else, the happiest trail would be
For YOU to say to me, "Let's ride, My Friend"
AMEN

Billenstein Farms

I have had some requests for Marks address and he gave me the ok to post it for anyone wanting to send a card.
Mark Billenstein
15538 township road 245
la rue ohio 43332

Billenstein Farms

Billenstein
Catherine Keifer, 50
LaRue

Services for Catherine Keifer Billenstein will be 11 a.m. Friday at the Trinity Lutheran Church in Jenera by Pastor Alois Schmitzer.
There will be no visitation.
She died Saturday, March 21, 2009 in Columbus.
She was born Oct. 26, 1958 in Hardin County to Horace and Barbara (Miller) Keifer and they survive in Springfield. On April 23, 1990, she married Mark Billenstein in Kenton and he survives in LaRue.
Also surviving are a daughter, Nicole Billenstein of Lima and three sisters, Jane (Rudi) Lemperg of Annapolis, Md., Sally (Bob) Nolan of Enon and Susan (Richard) DeWit of Bethel, Conn.
She was a 1976 graduate of Greenon High School and attended Clark Tech School.
She worked for Clark Landmark, Double SS Feeds and Cargill Molasses, Central Soya and the Hardin County Soil and Water Conservation District.
She was a member of the Maine Anjou Association, the Ohio Cattlemen Association and a member of the Trinity Lutheran Church in Jenera.
Schindewolf Stevens Stout Funeral Home is in charge of the arrangements. Condolences may be sent to [email protected].
Memorials may be made to Trinity Lutheran Church.

loveRedcows

She touched so many lives and made them feel good about themselves....the angels have received a truly golden girl.  God Bless to her family & those fortunate enough to have known her.

Sue

VJ

I am new to the Planet but was involved in many genetic defect discussions on Showsteers. Red was always a sweetheart and could bring calm to some very heated discussions we had back in the day. She was an icon. When I read the news I had the same sinking feeling in my heart as I did when my hero died at Daytona a few yrs ago. Pure disbelief.

I hope I don't offend any one by asking for a brief history of Red's illness. The way everyone has been talking she had been pretty sick last year and was just getting back on her feet?

farmboy

not sure but do know she had a pig valve put in several months ago and has been hurt since then, falling and all that stuff...

LN

My internet has been down and my heart sank when I saw this on the homepage. I haven't been around too long but Red was always so welcoming and had words of encouragement for everyone. She will be missed.

Tooker

Billenstein Farms said:
This is Adam Billenstein nephew of Red Im very sorry to inform everyone that Cathy has passed away in her sleep Friday night. Arrangements are pending. Red will be deeply missed Please keep Mark and her family in your thoughts and prayers.
Like many I am new to this forum and my thoughts and prayers go out to the family.  (angel)

Billenstein Farms

Since thre will be no viewing we are going to have a slide show of pictures at the dinner afterwards in the chuch. Mark asked that if some of here close friends would like to write a letter either to red or about her we can have them on display also, this way everyone sees what an insperation to everyone she truly was. If you would like to write one please send it to my e-mail and I can print them off. Thnak you.
[email protected]