Should debate be delayed (Im not political just thought it would be interesting)

Help Support Steer Planet:

Should Friday nights debate be delayed

• Yes

Votes: 20 66.7%
  • NO

Votes: 10 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JbarL

describe which welfare ............ i've sure got a lot of stuff commin' out of my check for something.......let me no what part of welfare you think i may be on  and i;ll check and see if i'm receiving any of it...... ( i doubt it......but i'll check ).. .. :-\.....jbarl

BIGTEX

aj said:
Are you on welfare jbarl?

No but I've heard he wants to give half his land and half his cows to some underprivileged people so we can all be treated equal. It doesn't matter if they kill all of the cows and don't pay the taxes on the land. We just should all be equal. Right?

JbarL

BIGTEX said:
aj said:
Are you on welfare jbarl?

No but I've heard he wants to give half his land and half his cows to some underprivileged people so we can all be treated equal. It doesn't matter if they kill all of the cows and don't pay the taxes on the land. We just should all be equal. Right?
[/quote

through all  my horific crimes of nature of past.......( that i finally got off my chest ......in the tree hugger topic, thanks for al the support...)........and the freedoms i've since  been set free from ........ and after all those years of mental torture, and relase ive now made... i just cant bear the thought of livin with    "just trunin" around and start shootin' fish in a barrel"....... i just coudnt live with myself..............(  theres  still time to  vote  on the debate poll, ...,.;)  ).........jbarl

knabe

JbarL said:
.but i really doubet if maccain will pass  up the chance to get back in his holding cell in hanoi with millions of the whole of amercian as a "captive audience" on tv........lets roll..................jbarl

i also doubt obama will ever address that he was born and raised a muslim and communist and turned black liberationist at 28.  he was raised by communists, associated with communists all his life.  i'm sure he will pass up the chance to address this.

there is not one policy of his that has a capitalist notion.  not one policy that does not have a subsidy.

alcee hastings, appointed judge by carter, convicted bribery recipient hurled insults at palin the other day regarding jews and blacks.  with 95 % of blacks supporting obama, and hastings getting elected to congress, along with jefferson, the bribery recipient, i'm constantly amazed at the intolerance and hate of the democratic party which prides itself on inclusiveness.  the level of hate from the democratic party in general, is astounding, considering their "love" for diversity is frankly, disgusting.

my lack of support for obama has nothing to do with race and everything to do with communism and a demonstrated by action disbelief in capitalism

fluffer

Obama doesn't want to go to washington because then he would be forced to vote for something and have to make someone mad and maybe loose a vote or vote present so he is using the debate as an excuse

McCain wants to go to washington to beat some heads together and show his "take on washington" side that he and palin are trying to become known for, when Reid and Polosie and others got word McCain was headed to town they tried to rush and agreement to make sure McCain couldn't take credit for it.  Either way, the debat will be on for tonight and McCain is just trying to appear to be the savior.  I think he should stay in washington and let Palin debate Obama.  That would be worth watching. 

I don't know about you guys but I am more excited to watch the VP debate and see how much damage Biden will do.

Fluffer

cowz

This just in!!
WASHINGTON - Republican John McCain agreed to attend the first presidential debate Friday night even though Congress doesn't have a bailout deal, reversing an earlier decision to delay the forum until Washington had addressed the financial crisis.

With less than 10 hours until the debate was scheduled to start, the McCain campaign announced that the Arizona senator would travel to the University of Mississippi. The campaign said that afterward McCain would fly back to Washington to continue working on the economic crisis.

The campaign's statement said McCain is optimistic that there has been progress toward a bipartisan agreement. But earlier in the week, McCain said he would delay the debate "until we have taken action to address this crisis."

"He is optimistic that there has been significant progress toward a bipartisan agreement now that there is a framework for all parties to be represented in negotiations," the McCain campaign said in a statement.

It was a different position than McCain had taken Wednesday, when he announced, "I'm directing my campaign to work with the Obama campaign and the Commission on Presidential Debates to delay Friday night's debate until we have taken action to address this crisis."

aj

jbarl...Irespect your opinions...and I don't know how old you are...but Mcain knocked the doghell out of obama tonight. If you were high on crack or having sex with a welfare mother at the time of the speech you may disagree but I hope you are happy he made the debate. ;)

BIGTEX

I thought Obama looked arrogant, cocky and seemed to look down at McCain. I think this made  Obama look really bad.

JbarL

aj said:
jbarl...Irespect your opinions...and I don't know how old you are...but Mcain knocked the doghell out of obama tonight. If you were high on crack or having sex with a welfare mother at the time of the speech you may disagree but I hope you are happy he made the debate. ;)
without a doubt, his best showing to date...he talked about .....' throwin'n folks in jail," too....thats the  part i really liked.......only mentioned some aready in there...i.hope someone comes up with a list of "future residents" who are equally  deserving......unfortunattly bush has already given scooter libby, and chaney, and all the comcast exrc's the gift of " stay out of jail free card",..........but i'm sure theres plenty of deserving players "to be nameed later" that will qualify as well....i say obama, didnt even score.....dont really think mccain had a touch down...but i'll give him at least 2 field goals after this first event...mccain  6 obama  0.......i thought the ecomony questions were  a bit " premature",  and to expect any of them to have any ammo to give us all that  "warm and fuzzy answer" we were hoping for,....they just havent got the " new rules ready yet.................neither one of these guys knows what  there going to have .."to start with"....as far as "money" goes....to set up any future spending or taxing plans to share with us........the "machine" is still working on that one for them......well see what they can throw together when the economic debate night is scheduled......i had no dowbt mccain would show up.....political suicide if he didnt.....oh that reminds me...the vp debat is thursday......looking forward to that one as well....with only one debate on the schedule this year for the vps.. i think tensions may be a bit more closer to the top of the skin on that one....they are both quite versed in there areas of  expertise.........sounds like you may think the score from last night may have been higher than  6-0..?  how did you have it on your card...........jbarl  ( 53 in dec)

SWMO

Loved the smircks of Obama's last night and all his facial expressions.  He needs to learn how to control himself.  I can't see him with another world leader at a podium.    The facial expressions were very immature.

He comes across as arrogant and in the words of a democratic fundraiser his is an Eliteist.

BIGTEX

I would agree with 6-0. I would also say that Obama didn't look good to the voting public. Especially the older folks, and He does need to learn to control his expressions. Very telling.

knabe

BIGTEX said:
I thought Obama looked arrogant, cocky and seemed to look down at McCain. I think this made  Obama look really bad.

what's funny is that the media thinks it was 42-0 obama, so enough of america will  do mostly whatever the media tells them.  people underestimate that in some circles, the smirks are actually a sign of strength, mostly younger voters who scoff at people older than them.

funny that obama missed mccain's name a couple of times.

what was more interesting to me, was their campaign managers on sunday meet the press.  axelrod is a total jerk, constantly touching your arm to interrupt, rolling his eyes, talking too fast on and on.  to me, the election boils down to one quote i heard over the weekend  "axelrods candidate"  which to me means, he's the one running for president and has packaged his ideas in a politically correct candidate who has no ideas of his own, no morals, no convictions, no legislation and no votes on anything. 

JbarL

knabe said:
BIGTEX said:

he's the one running for president and has packaged his ideas in a politically correct candidate who has no ideas of his own, no morals, no convictions, no legislation and no votes on anything. 

the one long field goal that i think obama didnt score on but showed the strength of his kicker, was the reference concerning obamas willingness to have open dialog with the middle eastern "leaders"....his breif reference as to sitting down and  talking with the 'presidents" of iran and north korea,, and the notion that there presidents as well may not actually be the ones that  hold any "solutions".....nothing worse than going to a "meeting" to rectify a "problem", and when you look around....no ones therre to have the authority to rectify anything........to delay is to deny...shame we all didnt pay more attention to what ron paul was saying 8 months ago......jbarl

knabe

JbarL said:
the one long field goal that i think obama didnt score on but showed the strength of his kicker, was the reference concerning obamas willingness to have open dialog with the middle eastern "leaders"....his breif reference as to sitting down and  talking with the 'presidents" of iran and north korea,, and the notion that there presidents as well may not actually be the ones that  hold any "solutions".....nothing worse than going to a "meeting" to rectify a "problem", and when you look around....no ones therre to have the authority to rectify anything........to delay is to deny...shame we all didnt pay more attention to what ron paul was saying 8 months ago......jbarl

maybe i'm missing something.  it's a strength to sit down with people who have no authority?

it' really a shame people didn't pay more attention to what the founding fathers said 235 years ago.

oakbar

I thought the analysis I heard last week was that the debate was basically a tie.  Then they went on to say that Obama sounded like someone who  had crammed for a test and had scored well on the test---McCain sounded like someone who had actually lived the subject they were being tested on!!

JbarL

knabe said:
JbarL said:

maybe i'm missing something.  it's a strength to sit down with people who have no authority?

it' really a shame people didn't pay more attention to what the founding fathers said 235 years ago.
strength begins with not wasting it on the "wrong" guy....if bin ladin died of liver faliure today...or if was shot  in the head last night.....our "enimies" would be just as much a threat tomorrow.......do you think talking to any one particular person or killing any one particular person in the middle east is going to make us safer?.......ya know...the last country that "invaded our shores".....japan....gives us no more threats...hows come?....who were they talking to in japan before they decided to do what had to be done  " to make us" all feel safe again"?...over the last 235 years, we've done quite a few different things ,... " to get folks of our backs".....what makes these folks so hard to handle?...is it because we just dont know who to "talk" to?....no president in our 235 yr history has ever sent amercian war troops to fight in the middle east....untill bush 1...why is that...destroying the towers was like the third attack by the same people.....( that came after we sent "amercian" troops to the middle east)....we've let the shah of iran, "represent us" in iran...that didnt work... then we enlist saddam hussen to  " represent"  and army for us  to keep an eye on iran, sadia arabia............."...then we enlist bin ladin ....... to army for us  and fight the russians in afganastian????....we have no problem letting the president of iran comming here and speak freely at our universities ??....surly we are not afraid of iran,cause of any" particular" weapons we gave them in the" iran contra deal"   are  we?.....we have given all these folks "everything" we are now afraid of ....and it didnt start 235 yrs ago....those folks over there coudnt feel any safer than they do now.....we have 2/3's of our "human" power there....if they wake  up some morning and there aint an amercian in sight........then maybe theymight look back at our old "play book",  and think if maybe were going to go back and try something a little more historically succesful....that way  we can all "feel" "safer" here.....that is what they are elected for isnt it?...or is it to "allow us" to be prosperace.....holy cow... with all the confusion going on now, i'm startin' to wonder..good thing i got tv news  in here to keep me up to date....jbarl

knabe

JbarL said:
.ya know...the last country that "invaded our shores".....japan....gives us no more threats...

there is at least two countries/cultures invading our shores today.  we are just too ignorant to see it and to stupid to do anything about.  tomorrow, people will be longing for america just like they long for the native american today.  now that's pretty funny (ironic).

garybob

knabe said:
JbarL said:
.ya know...the last country that "invaded our shores".....japan....gives us no more threats...

there is at least two countries/cultures invading our shores today.  we are just too ignorant to see it and to stupid to do anything about.  tomorrow, people will be longing for america just like they long for the native american today.  now that's pretty funny (ironic).
Which 2 cultures/countries are you talking about?

GB