loveRedcows

cotullaguy said:
HOOTER
SIRE: Lightning Jack
DAM: Ice Breaker Simmi/Char

Full Brother to the
Grand Champion Steer
2008 San Antonio Stock Show

Is semen available on this bull anywhere or just owners?  Should work for slick shear in Texas I think.

I just saw this bull last week when we dropped of our SH bull for collection.  He is so muscled that I thought at first he might be Belgian Blue!  According to the herdsman there he is Char/Maine cross.  I'm trying to find the owner to see if semen is available.

steerraiser

afhm said:
steerraiser said:
I personally do not think the Monopoly calves will slick. I saw a bunch of them at all these sales and they will just not have enough power, especially in terms of lower quarter. They lack shape. He definitely makes them huge bodied but they are better suited for hair.
I agree with Ammo, but he does not throw enough bone. You have to match him with a stout boned cow to get any bonesork and foot size. Charolais cross is probably the right choice. I wonder if the troubador calves will work or not since lead on calves I have seen never are stout enough. I am curious to hear more thoughts on this subject of good slick sires
What is bonesork? Or is that a typo?

Yeah, that was a typo...sorry.  I meant bonework, just another word for stoutness of bone and structure