So which picture would you use?

Help Support Steer Planet:

firesweepranch

OK, we are consigning a bred heifer to a sale (The Royal Sale), and we took a few pics of her today to go in the catalog. I need help deciding which photo to use. We also took some video footage of her, but since I am not professional, not sure how to edit or if I should. She is an April 3/4 blood simmental bred to Chopper for a March calf. What do you think?
Here are the top photos we liked:

Attachments

• IMG_6259 small.jpg
    IMG_6259 small.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 388
  • IMG_6262 small.jpg
    IMG_6262 small.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 383
  • IMG_6334 small.jpg
    IMG_6334 small.jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 365
  • IMG_6336 - small.jpg
    IMG_6336 - small.jpg
    289.7 KB · Views: 387

ruhtram

I really like your heifer, she looks great..Best of luck in the sale!

ferkj

Number 2  x4.  She looks very good.  You should be proud.  <party>

frostback

I would try again to be honest. Stretch her out a tad more and get her head way up, her back feet could be closer togeter. Maybe loin her too right before the photo. She is a tank but could look a little more feminine.

willow

#2, just adjust the exposure a little bit and you will be golden.  Nice heifer!

firesweepranch

Thanks guys! Since this is only the second sale we have consigned to, I am still new at this. Pictures were due this morning, so I can not retake and stretch her out more. Though I think that is a good idea.
Here are two different videos I took with the camera, not sure which one to use. I have NO CLUE on editing videos, so after I uploaded them to You Tube I found a few of the options there. I lightened them, and on one I added music because the sound of wind was loud on that one and I could not figure out how to remove all noise period! I did figure out how to cut it down, which I did.
So, which video?

http://youtu.be/BzHnFuRUXxA

http://youtu.be/gku4HKD6mTs

Thanks for all your opinions! I forwarded the photos and they will remove the halter for me (I guess if we keep doing this I need to figure out how to do some of this stuff, but who has the time?!?)

OLD WORLD SHORTIE

pimpedblkcow.jpg

firesweepranch

andholl said:
I like the first video; you can see her more clearly. She moves really nice. How is she bred?

She is a 3/4 blood, her maternal grandsire is Net Worth (her dam is a Oval F half blood by their good Sarah cow) and she is sired by Oval F's herd sire, Wide Awake (he is a Triple Wake Up Call, which is a Raymond bull - Triple c El Poderosa Rey and Black Joker), so she pretty much has an out-cross pedigree. My daughter AI'd her to Chopper for a March calf.

Hey Old World Shortie, how did you do that? Looks fantastic! Can you remove the blonde hair off her hip (see the long curly blonde hair)? My daughter obviously left a piece of her on the heifer, and we did not see it until the photo shoot was over... hehe...

firesweepranch

Here is one we took where she is a little stretched out, but I thought she looked like a giraffe so it did not make it to my final selection  ;D But, see her brand? She is from the first group we branded, and if you look closely she has our brand (freeze) and a burn brand on her ribs (Oval F). Which is more clear??? I think the freeze brand myself  (thumbsup)
Did I mention my daughter is having second thoughts about consigning her? She has way to many head of cattle for the size of our land, and needs to sell some of her heifers! I made her make a choice of selling a few, and since we were asked to consign this heifer and another she decided to sell this one (but not the other). I keep telling her she can not keep them all!

Attachments

• IMG_6325 small.jpg
    IMG_6325 small.jpg
    309.2 KB · Views: 390

DL

Nice heifer - I like the 3rd picture for a Christmas card, the 2nd for the catalog and the 1st video - I didn't see the blond hair :)

Tyler

OLD WORLD SHORTIE said:
pimpedblkcow.jpg

Just did a few touch ups on the Photoshop.

That is pretty scary stuff, I will never look at a catalog or pictures the same way again.

leanbeef

I would send em a high res version of the one Shortie Photoshopped for you! The 2nd picture was the best picture of the heifer, but it did need to be cropped a little and the light adjusted. If I were doing that catalog, I woulda done that for you, but you shouldn't assume whomever is doing the design work will take the time to do things like that unless you ask them to. And then they may charge you for the time, although in this case, it wouldn't have taken long at all. The thing you get in to is people send in pictures that need a LOT of Photoshop work, and that's not usually in the bid to do a layout. I just can't stand to send it out with pictures that need work, so I always take the time to do whatever i can if I HAVE the time before the deadline. A lot of that depends on how much time the sale manager gives you to crank out a book...

Nice heifer, and I like the pedigree. Good luck with her! Hope she does well.