Sullivan's NO BULL sale

Help Support Steer Planet:

Hilltop

Just wondering if anyone watched the sale? I only seen the last half. Fell in love with the lot 18 Sonny heifer the first time I seen her and told my wife we were going to buy her and then I woke up! LOL Our (MY) second pick went for 12 500 and we were runner up on lot 21. Did not see them in person but we were very impressed and I really liked the Ace Of Diamonds heifer calves. We are planning to head down to the sale next spring if work and the weather cooperate

Ruebush Shorthorns

Sorry to here you were runner up on lot 21.  I was the one you were bidding against.  We got the lot 21.  She was one I had picked out before the sale order even was out.  We bid online from VA, so hoping she looks good in person.  Didn't like her picture at all but really liked her video and also the shots in the ring today.  Don't know when she will get here to VA but look forward to it.  Loved the 27 heifer too, but a bit high for us on the East Coast.  Was very impressed by the Ace of Diamonds as well.  Might change my mind on using the 2 straws I have in the tank now.  Thinking of using them this spring.  We won't go to any huge shows so I think she will do good on the East Coast.  What were you're thoughts on her.  Thought she was really deep and pretty attractive in both her color and design.  Saw the sale catalog mention a full sib for Justin Olsen.  If I am not mistaken he posts on her a lot.  Maybe he has some insight on that mating too.
Scott

shortyjock89

Yup, I have her full sib here. I have a picture from IL Beef Expo that I need to get on here, I think you'll like mine, and yours should be very good too.  The AoD calves are really starting to tear it up, one from John was champion Shorthorn at our expo.

Hilltop

Congrats Scott. We believe that you got a VERY good female. We also were sold on her when we seen her on the video as she is exactly what we are breeding for in our small herd.  I was really wondering what was up when I seen she was the last calf to sell. Thought that maybe we were missing something but still thought she was the one for us. I think she will show good for you and will be a tremondous cow. I am sure we will hear more from both your heifer and the lot 27 heifer. What did you think of her sis, Lot 20. I believe they also got a excellent female. Good luck and send us a note when she arrives at her new home. Gary, Kim and Sadie.

Ric

watched edjecast also and was extremely impressed by the 20 heifer as well.

shortdawg

I love that Lot 20 heifer - I've got a full brother to her as a herdsire. How did lots 62 & 63 sell ?

TMJ Show Cattle

Ace of Diamonds will leave a great legacy for the shorthorn breed.Like most bulls,he don't connect on  eveything,but if used properly he can throw some good to great calves. All I have seen are outstanding hefers,to be a true masterpiece,he should throw both.

shortyjock89

John R said:
What did everyone think about lot 40? Heard she only brought $3,750.

Pretty good. Don't know about those socks though, and would like to change that front on her a little from the picture and video.  hmmmm....wonder what your last name is  ;D

CWshorthorns

We went to the sale just to learn more about the shorthorn cattle and talk to a few people and me and my wife were in amazement at the cattle and the place. A wide range of prices i do not have the prices in front of me but it seems to me that the heifers on the bottom end was $1800 and the top end bull was 62000.

sue

I really liked the pic of Lot 1's dam. The head shot of her was impressive.  Did anyone see her at the farm?