Sun Country Bull Sale.

Help Support Steer Planet:

justintime

aandtcattle said:
I like the 3rd bull from the left second row the best. The middle bull on the top row is my second pick.  I'm stickin to it! <cowboy>

the third bull from the left is a Saskvalley Transport son. The middle bull on the top row is a Pheasant Creek Leader 4th ( who was born in 1968). The Leader 4th is one of 4 sired by him in the sale.

I would just say that it would be interesting which ones you would pick if you could walk around the pen for awhile. Not to take anything away from any of the bulls, but a good photo can make a bull sell.  I think some of my picks are pictured here and some aren't. We took pictures of 64 bulls in less than 3 hours on a very cold day in late Feb. We ran all the bulls out of the pen and let them come back in one at a time. Some were pictured almost immediately and others took a little longer. When we thought we had a useable picture we put the bull out into another pen and let another bull in.  We will be taking videos of all the bulls as well and we may see if you still agree on your original picks after seeing them. You may, or you may change your mind. As it was almost 2 months before the bull sale when the pictures were taken, and many of them are only 10-11 months old, they are still changing and I see changes in them every time I go down there. ( I live about 70 miles from the test )

carl

Okay I'll play. Based on pics i would choose bull on top row, far right. I also like top row far left and middle row far left.  Carl

iowa

a son of Pheasant Creek Leader 4th out of Shadybrook Presto.  I purchased 4 embryos from Grant and had this bull and full sister born. 

Attachments

• HC CFS Leader's Image 12X Tag 21-1.jpg
    HC CFS Leader's Image 12X Tag 21-1.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 160

Okotoks

Some of us are never happy.  :mad:
Post more photos of the bulls please!
The ones you posted look great. (thumbsup)

And just because I'm always looking for an excuse to use it
<nopics>  MORE PICS

justintime

Here are a few more

Attachments

• Bob's Bulls lot 16.jpg
    Bob's Bulls lot 16.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 180
  • GerryBUlls lot 2.jpg
    GerryBUlls lot 2.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 187
  • GerryBUllslot 1.jpg
    GerryBUllslot 1.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 205
  • Grant's bulls lot 22.jpg
    Grant's bulls lot 22.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 192
  • Grant's bulls lot 39.jpg
    Grant's bulls lot 39.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 192

justintime

and a few more

Attachments

• GerryBUllslot 8.jpg
    GerryBUllslot 8.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 171
  • Grant's bulls lot 47.jpg
    Grant's bulls lot 47.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 169
  • Bob's Bulls lot 16.jpg
    Bob's Bulls lot 16.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 184
  • Grant's bulls lot 40.jpg
    Grant's bulls lot 40.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 289
  • Grant's bulls lot 50.jpg
    Grant's bulls lot 50.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 193

justintime

opps .. I posted lot 16 twice!  Here are a few more:

Attachments

• Grant's bulls lot 43.jpg
    Grant's bulls lot 43.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 171
  • Grant's bulls lot 42.jpg
    Grant's bulls lot 42.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 171
  • JTBullslot 69.jpg
    0 bytes · Views: 137
  • JTBullslot 61.jpg
    0 bytes · Views: 124
  • JTBulls lot 60.jpg
    0 bytes · Views: 132

justintime

Somehow the three bulls of Poplar Park's ( John Thompson) do not open. Will try this again.,.. This is just under half of the bulls on offer....

Attachments

• JTBullslot 69.jpg
    JTBullslot 69.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 228
  • JTBulls lot 60.jpg
    JTBulls lot 60.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 178
  • JTBullslot 61.jpg
    JTBullslot 61.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 169

justintime

Check out our sale catalog online at www.horseshoecreekfarms.com or at www.ulurushorthorns.com or www.mcbethshorthorns.com.  If you would like a catalog mailed to you please PM me. We will be mailing them in the next few days.

I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say that this is our best offering to date. There are some serious herd bulls in this sale... bred and fed for longevity and troublefree production of beef. Many offer outcross genetics.

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fissuu.com%2FHorseshoeCreek%2Fdocs%2Fsun_country_2011_web%3Fmode%3Dembed%26layout%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fskin.issuu.com%252Fv%252Flight%252Flayout.xml%26showFlipBtn%3Dtrue&h=3dd68

Okotoks

Nice catalogue, I like how you included a lot of the dam's photos.  <beer>

justintime

Thanks Dan.  We are in the process of getting our sale catalogs mailed. The Canadian catalogs are already mailed, and we will continue to mail as requests come in. The US catalogs will be mailed from my North Dakota post office address, on Monday. If anyone wants to receive the sale catalog, send me a note and i will make sure you get it.
We will also be doing short videos of every bull in the sale offering hopefully in the next few days. IMO, the videos show so much more than just a picture. Almost every peron who has gone through the bulls had favorites picked out before the got to see the bulls, and had some different ones marked once they walked through the pen and saw them. Hopefully this stupid winter weather will let up in the next few days so we can get the videos completed in the next few days. I will post a note on SP when we get them done and ready for viewing.

Hilltop

Just thought I would post this picture of the dam of Lot 5 and his full brother born March 28.
I have only seen the bulls a few times but from top to bottom they are definately the best group they have offered.
We have been impressed with him since we first seen him last summer and hopefully his full brother will turn out as good. We are very happy with the udders of the Ruffian females.
One other bull that jumped out at me was lot 39. He was only 10 1/2 month old when I seen him last but he also will make a bull that will work in the real world!!!!
The JT bulls sired by Saskvalley Transport were a very good group also and will work for their new owners.

Attachments

• McBeth Daffodil 3T.jpg
    McBeth Daffodil 3T.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 163

justintime

Hilltop said:
Just thought I would post this picture of the dam of Lot 5 and his full brother born March 28.
I have only seen the bulls a few times but from top to bottom they are definately the best group they have offered.
We have been impressed with him since we first seen him last summer and hopefully his full brother will turn out as good. We are very happy with the udders of the Ruffian females.
One other bull that jumped out at me was lot 39. He was only 10 1/2 month old when I seen him last but he also will make a bull that will work in the real world!!!!
The JT bulls sired by Saskvalley Transport were a very good group also and will work for their new owners.

Gerry's lot 5 bull is a good one. Very moderate framed yet super thick and correct. He is a meat wagon and has a BW of 87 lbs.For as much thickness as he has, he has a beautiful laid in shoulder and he is masculine. Lot 39  is probably the best Leroy we have produced for all traits. I think you have to see him to actually see how thick topped he is. The same goes for lot 5.  I am hoping we can show this better when we video the bulls. A single picture never shows absolutely everything. You are correct in that this is the best set each owner has ever had in the sale.I really like the 4 Leader 4th bulls in the sale as well. They are pretty good in some very functional traits. They all have good testicles, and are sound made and easy fleshing. They will make herd bulls that will do some good.  It is usually a good sign when visitors leave with different bulls marked in their catalogs and that has been happening quite regularly

Okotoks

This Infomercial is sponsored by Canadian Shorthorn Breeders Dedicated To Flavorful Beef Production!

Attachments

• What's Your Flavor AD.jpg
    What's Your Flavor AD.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 186
  • Technicolor.jpg
    Technicolor.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 183

thunderdownunder

Got my catalogue the other day JIT, looks good. I also liked the pics of the dams you had on a lot of the lots- very useful!

justintime

thunderdownunder said:
Got my catalogue the other day JIT, looks good. I also liked the pics of the dams you had on a lot of the lots- very useful!

As per usual, the mail outside the country gets delivered before the mail inside the country. I mail our magazine to the farm from Regina which is 90 miles away, and people in Scotland and Australia usually have it before I get my copy which has travelled 90 miles. Our sale catalog seems to have made it's way around to most parts of Canada, USA and now Australia, but there are still a couple locales here in Canada where it seems to not gotten to yet. Very frustrating when you are having a sale.

We have had a mess of bad weather so we have not been able to get the videos of the bulls done yet. A foot of wet heavy snow was the last whammy and it has created an amazing mud mess. Hopefully this weekend we can figure out how to get the videos done and I will post where you can find them once they are done.