Texas Twister

Help Support Steer Planet:

WJ Farms

Yes I believe you are correct so you can only imagine what they paid for him. I know the guy that bought the 18,000 I think and he died. Or maybe it was another one but im pretty sure. And you wont see any of those steers. The kid that won houston last year has been showing a silver paint calf out of Mississippi Stud

aa

showqueen95 said:
The kid that won Houston this year has one of them, that's what I was told.

Goodsons bought one at the Black sale & showed him in New Braunfels this weekend.  He was classed as an AOB (orange calf) & was reserve overall.  Champ AOB was champ overall.  The grey/white calf they're hauling was champ char.

WJ Farms

Well I believe that the orange one was bought by Bonham out of Kris Blacks sale then sold to them.....

aa

WJ Farms said:
Well I believe that the orange one was bought by Bonham out of Kris Blacks sale then sold to them.....

It's possible but they (Goodson) were standing at the sale right where the bids were coming from, although it was hard to see who was actually bidding.  Could have been someone else (Bonham) in that area.

WJ Farms

Well then its possible I dont know I was just going by what I heard so nothing written in stone. Everything was hearsay. Who had that Champion AOB in New Braunfels? Was it good?

aa

WJ Farms said:
Well then its possible I dont know I was just going by what I heard so nothing written in stone. Everything was hearsay. Who had that Champion AOB in New Braunfels? Was it good?

Kelleys won the whole thing.  Good calf.  I think the calf that won TJLA camp was there but showed as progress. 

WJ Farms

Got you. The Kellys like Reserve at Houston last year? I got you......Do you know the mating on Kellys steer?

aa

WJ Farms said:
Got you. The Kellys like Reserve at Houston last year? I got you......Do you know the mating on Kellys steer?

Yes, those Kelleys. Don't know mating but he showed as an AOB too.

rackranch

And he was very good!! Bet you see him in Ft. Worth this year..And BTW Mr. Chambero, your Monopoly steer had a res breed champ in NB this weekend. And thanks for the vids of the TT steers, them guys are pretty dang salty.

aa said:
WJ Farms said:

Yes, those Kelleys. Don't know mating but he showed as an AOB too.

ATM OH

There is always at least one bull right after breeding season that starts gaining popularity and makes you wish you would have tried him....I believe Texas Twister would be mine for 2012 hahaha

WJ Farms

So I am guessing there is a video of one TT calf missing from that sale. Cause I thought he sold 3 of them. I wonder where you could find the 3rd video

chambero

I didn't look through the videos very hard.  It's probably in that list somewhere.

Ohio1

Any idea which one was the high seller out of those 3?

chambero

Just go to You Tube and search for Kris Black cattle. You can find a bunch of sale cattle by searching ranch/trader names there.

JY

The yellow Charolais was the high selling one at kris's sale.  I believe he was bought by Bezners.

Limflex

Looking at using TT on some plainer pb Limi and  Limi X cows this fall. They all really correct and good haired but could use a little
more power. Wondering if he might work on this type of cow?