Thoughts on a maternal mating with this donor cow!

Help Support Steer Planet:

DL

MOClubbyGuy said:
She is a Styles Resolution daughter which is from the Syles Maine herd in Canada. She is a full sister to the reserve mainetainer at Edmondton Alberta Show in Canada. Total Outcross Maine x Angus cow.

Interesting pedigree on the bull especially on the bottom - not exactly total outcross as the Revolution bull goes back to Executive......I think Magic would work well on this cow :)

CAB

I sure like the recommendation of Magic better than all of the younger bulls of which some wouldn't be old enough to have a heifer into production yet.

LostFarmer

ferkj said:
Limestone Trifecta comes to mind as a pure Simmi momma maker bull.  I've seen a few of his calves this fall out of An and An x MA cows and they all had the maternal look.  Deep bodied, lots of spring of rib cage and good structureed.  You may also want to take a look at www.whiteroostercattle.com  They have several Simmi x Maine bulls which may work also. 

I was not impressed with the trifecta calves I saw just didn't do much for me.  I would second the WhiteRooster bulls.  He has full brother to Whiplash that looked really good.  Whiplash still has some good daughters in production. 

wyatt

I would use Theobald 969 or chopper might wanna try i 80 even choke necked somewhat maternal and i bet you wouldnt have any trouble selling a calf from that mating

MOClubbyGuy

She is already scheduled for a flush to I80, BIM, and Master of Puppets right now but I would like to incorporate a more maternal mating in the mix for replacement females.

class2sp

I have a PB Simmy Bull...Purchased from Wernings....Displayed in Denver where we sold shares.....Catchin A Dream He is a Dream Catcher x Triple C Independence His first Calf crop is on the ground...They come small and have vigor....He adds some bone and hair and cleans the front ends up and they gain weight.....We have a pasture full and will be showing a pen of 3 in Denver...Semen is open to the public now....I would like to work out a flush ...Purchase embryos or possible trade....I also own part of the high selling Frozen Gold Female Rowes Ms Habanero 42fj....We have embryos to possibly trade or her daughter Dream Girl embryos....Please look us up......fergusonshowcattle.com......shattoshowcattle.com...roweshowcattle.com....440-478-0782....Thanks