Umm......

Help Support Steer Planet:

Cowboy Up

I don't know who else is watching our SMOOOTH new president speak tonight, but you should. It is WELL worth the time of laughing at him. I lost count of how many times he said "umm" to the questions. SOMEBODY isn't as smooooth without a written speech to work with!

:D  (lol) (clapping) (pop)

common sense

Really?  Hmm, so we are going to pass judgment based on a speech quirk?  I guess that I have to hand it to anybody that can stand up in front of MILLIONS of people and talk without prepaired speech.  That takes some nerve and skill.  I guess I find it difficult to laugh at somebody with that kind of talent simply because they take the time to THINK about what they are saying before they blurt out an answer to a question. Ummm, I guess am just proud to have a leader of our country that can pronounce "nuclear" as if he had more than a seventh grade education!

Cowboy Up

I understand it is hard. I will agree it is nice to have one that can talk like an educated adult.

simtal

Juli N a/k/a common sense said:
I guess am just proud to have a leader of our country that can pronounce "nuclear" as if he had more than a seventh grade education!

thanks for weighing in, wow.....

knabe

Juli N a/k/a common sense said:
Ummm, I guess am just proud to have a leader of our country that can pronounce "nuclear" as if he had more than a seventh grade education!

isn't this passing judgement?

can anyone explain one detail of pelosi's bill (the stimulus bill that was initiated about two years ago, rather than in response to the current economic situation) that actually stimulates the private sector where tax revenue comes from?

can anyone explain why the government is suspending worker ID for any project funded by this program, which essentially allows the government to hire contractors who can use illegal aliens.

can anyone explain why the bill needs to ration health care for the elderly, but won't ration it for the people writing the bill?

this bill mostly is about giving tax dollars from the opposition (job providers) to people who don't know how to provide jobs except through regulation.

SouthWest

Ummm, I guess ummm nobody ummm could write the prepared ummm answers for the President.  Ummm not so smooth ummm after all when he can't ummm use the telestrater.  Ummm I'm glad we have a President ummm who is someone elses puppet ummm one it come to speaking. 

knabe

umm is simply a sound used to think while one is talking.  everyone has their own version.

examples are,

you know
kinda like
totally
cough cough
pause

the issue is obama's ideas, not his speech pattern.

the press is the one's who need to be taken to task.

they should ask him relevant questions.

OH Breeder

Cowboy Up said:
I don't know who else is watching our SMOOOTH new president speak tonight, but you should. It is WELL worth the time of laughing at him. I lost count of how many times he said "umm" to the questions. SOMEBODY isn't as smooooth without a written speech to work with!

:D  (lol) (clapping) (pop)

Any of these sound familiar. I don't think we want to go down the presidential speech pathway. Just a few gems below. The list goes on and on.

'Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?'

"As yesterday's positive report card shows, childrens do learn when standards are high and results are measured."

Anyone engaging in illegal financial transactions will be caught and persecuted."

'They misunderestimated me.'

"Amigo! Amigo!" --George W. Bush, calling out to Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi in Spanish at the G-8 Summit, Rusutsu, Japan, July 10, 2008

We've got a lot of relations with countries in our neighborhood."

I fully understand those who say you can't win this thing militarily. That's exactly what the United States military says, that you can't win this military."

As John Howard accurately noted when he went to thank the Austrian troops there last year...--George W. Bush, referring to Australian troops as "Austrian troops," APEC Business Summit, Sept. 7, 2007

knabe

here's a bailout program for spanish.

http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/local/437383

"I’m seeing my (younger) child lose significant education in social studies because of this immersion."

Magnes said because of how the subject has been taught, students aren’t learning Spanish or history.

so of course the teachers will get to change it a little and keep trying and using your kids as their experiment.

what is so wrong with the education methods of earlier times?

what a joke.

JbarL

knabe said:
umm is simply a sound used to think while one is talking.  everyone has their own version.

examples are,

you know.......
kinda like....
totally.....
like..
cough cough..
pause.............

red

knabe said:

examples are,

you know
kinda like
totally
cough cough
pause

lol- mine is "huh?"

Red