Very sad news.. re: Herefordfootball - Chris Cummings...

Help Support Steer Planet:

Simmgirl03

As many have mentioned, I did not actually know Chris but his blog and SP posts were always so positive and reflective of his love of cattle I couldn't pass any of them by. I hope his family can take comfort in knowing they raised a great young man that touched the lives of many and is now without pain. You all will be in my thoughts and prayers.

TMJ Show Cattle

As tough to swallow as this sad news is,we know he now rests in peace in a better place.Our deepest sympathy to his family and friends.It will hurt telling my daughters when they awaken as they developed friendship with this young man.

rtmcc

I had no idea he was going thru this.  Our thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.  Even when you know it's inevitable, its so  hard.

with deepest sympathies,

Ron, Tina, Caroline, Bodie & Cora

russfarm

It's never easy hearing of someone passing away from cancer, especially someone so young.  I didn't know herefordfootball at all, but enjoyed reading his posts. He was always so positive and helpful to everyone.  His family will be in our prayers..

showsteerdlux

Our prayers will be with the family. I also knew he had cancer, but I didn't know he was in this bad of shape. what a shame.

Show Heifer

Talk about a slap in the face.
I had the huge pleasure of chatting with Chris on a regular basis. He was the most positive kid I know. He never complained, and never ever offered "poor me" words.
He is the epitomy of what a tough, caring, tender farm kid should be. He knew his cattle. He knew who he was and what he was aiming for.  
His last words to me: "Herf Nationals are coming up. I can't wait to see everyone. Take care and try not to make too many crop circles." (Inside joke on the crop circles)

The world is a much sadder place without Chris. For those of you who didn't get to know him - you lost an opportunity to meet a remarkable young man.

My deepest and sincerest sympathies to the family and friends of Chris

SH/Jen

tama

Our prayers with the family. It's hard to see anything positive when a young one is taken from us.I hope Chris's family can see the impact he had just on this forum.We will all miss herf'ball Nice touch Jason-LIke it!

SouthWest

Our prayers go out to the family.  Big fan of his.  I just loved his positiveness of all his post.  God is in the hereford business now. 

hevmando

I did not know the young man at all but I do offer this to those of you that will see the family in the future.  I learned this from friends who lost their daughter at the same age as Chris a few years ago.  The mother told me that the most uncomfortable thing afterwards was when people would come up and offer condolences but never mention their daughter, her name, or anything.  This made it very awkward.  She suggested to tell stories, ask the hard questions, offer support, and reminisce about the good times they had and refer to her by name.  Talking about the death of a loved one can be very hard if not impossible for some, but the warmth, healing, and love it provides is truly a gift from God.  Not trying to be preachy, just supportive.  God bless you and prayers to the Cummings family.  RIP Hereford football!

...Grieve not, not speak of me with tears, but laugh and talk of me  as if I were beside you..

I loved you so -  'twas Heaven here with you.              Isla Paschal Richardson

LT

This is extremely sad news.  Chris was an outstanding young man!  He encouraged those that were down, gave a smile to those that needed one and even shared jokes about his barber!  There is a smile that comes across my face when I think of him with His Lord Jesus Christ in heaven pain free and tumor free!  His love for cattle and life make me smile.  Love to his family and friends. 

The Cook Family