Wanting Red Angus maternal bulls

Help Support Steer Planet:

kfacres

aj said:
I like the Beckton Lancer f442 line. Not really showring cattle. Very moderate growth.Moderate milk. Excellent carcass data. I think a great choice for a semi-arid enviroment.
i ditto that.. have a lancer 442 daughter getting currently being bred for her 3rd calf...  Not much to look at, and an attitude like no other... but she weans the biggest, or 2nd largest calf every spring... 

Attachments

• 894side.jpg
    894side.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 206

TPX

LMB said:
We purchased a bull from Six Mile Ranch in 2008 and we are very impressed with his daughters. Moderate framed, awesome uddered and they all calved with super ease.  His name is Red Six Mile Tidal Wave 254T.  He is a Towaw Indeed 104H son and you probably know that Indeed is infamous for his ability to produce females.  Tidal Wave also possesses these qualities with his females, but with an added show cattle look to them.  We will have a few of his offspring at the National Western Stock Show this year.  Come stop by the Lodoen Cattle Company stall to see the work of both Tidal Wave and his daughters!

Yes Indeed is a bull that can get it done producing both females and bulls.  There a couple other sons out there that are worth looking at,  Red Six Mile Winchester (available through Genex)  combines both Indeed and Norseman King, this bull looked great as a calf but there wouldn't be any daughters milking yet.  The other indeed son that I reall like like is Red Six Mile Timberlake, he makes them cherry red and patterened right,  six mile had some bred heifers in there female this fall that were just awesome and were some of the top sellers that day.  

CAB

TPX said:
LMB said:
We purchased a bull from Six Mile Ranch in 2008 and we are very impressed with his daughters. Moderate framed, awesome uddered and they all calved with super ease.  His name is Red Six Mile Tidal Wave 254T.  He is a Towaw Indeed 104H son and you probably know that Indeed is infamous for his ability to produce females.  Tidal Wave also possesses these qualities with his females, but with an added show cattle look to them.  We will have a few of his offspring at the National Western Stock Show this year.  Come stop by the Lodoen Cattle Company stall to see the work of both Tidal Wave and his daughters!

Yes Indeed is a bull that can get it done producing both females and bulls.  There a couple other sons out there that are worth looking at,  Red Six Mile Winchester (available through Genex)  combines both Indeed and Norseman King, this bull looked great as a calf but there wouldn't be any daughters milking yet.  The other indeed son that I reall like like is Red Six Mile Timberlake, he makes them cherry red and patterened right,  six mile had some bred heifers in there female this fall that were just awesome and were some of the top sellers that day.  
TPX, where can I find info on the Timberlake bull? What PPL thoughts about Red Six Mile Mario 803M?

Red Cow Relocators

TPX said:
LMB said:

I believe that Timberlake died pretty early in his carreer, semen may be limited? RCR

Mill Iron A

Berry cherry big sky contour major league sounds crazy but jackhammer is good too.  The milk number is way low but have talked to a few breeders that feel like it is significantly higher

CAB

Mill Iron A said:
Berry cherry big sky contour major league sounds crazy but jackhammer is good too.  The milk number is way low but have talked to a few breeders that feel like it is significantly higher

PPL say that the Major Leagues are making good cows. Went and looked up the Berry Cherry again. I can't decide if I like him or not. Like the more mature picture of him that is for sure. I think I'll have to wait on him to see if he is for real. Big Sky was on our short list last year, but we used Mission Statement instead. The best calf @ the TC Reds sale was a Jackhammer x Meadow West Jazz. She was very very complete & sold into Oklahoma somewhere. The milk is exactly what I am questioning about the Jack hammer bull. Thanks for the suggestions.

Mill Iron A

I've seen berry cherry in person and several females out of him and they are stamped pic perfect. Really feminist level and big bodied. The bull himself is one of the best footed bulls I've seen. I will have a few jackhammer daughters due to calve this year so we will see about the milk deal. My experience is that the milk number is tied to growth so no one really knows how muchmilk they really have anyway.

kfacres

Cut the BS said:
I'll post a pic tommorrow of a Major League dtr.. and her calf from this year... She's a phenom cow, and it's a pretty cool calf.

Major League x Lucky Dice (Sim) pictured as a first calf heifer

Sept 2011- bull calf dammed by above heifer, shown at about a week old...  Currently being rebred for 3rd calf... 

Attachments

• 871best.JPG
    871best.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 231
  • 11871 (Reward x 871).JPG
    11871 (Reward x 871).JPG
    263 KB · Views: 218

TPX

Red Cow Relocators said:
TPX said:
LMB said:

I believe that Timberlake died pretty early in his carreer, semen may be limited? RCR

Yes he did die pretty young and Semen was never available through AI company's.  I know that SEMEX has a bull named Timberline that is a son of Timberlake but I have not seen any calves out of him.  In our own herd we have recently started using a Lacy MC Smash son that we are pretty excited about and I think that the females are going to end up being great out of him.  To date the best bull we have used in our herd is Sakic, the calves tend to be a little plainer off the start but the bulls look good by the time it comes to sell them and then when the females start to milk you see the true greatness of the sakic bull.  He will tidy up udders as far as teat size and also fix some ballance issues that we had with a few cows,  we never had a problem with poor milking cows in our herd so I can't say that he changed anything as far as milk production.  The females aren't big but have lots of rib and depth to them.  He is a bull that we will continue to use in our AI program. 

CAB

Cut the BS said:
CAB said:
PMs that you have sent.

percentage self promoting?

No, not really. Just PPL sharing their thoughts and experiences, not wanting to be jumped on more than likely. I really appreciate their thoughts, time, & experiences with the bulls that they have tried. We are brand new into Red Angus, so it is extremely helpful for us to get PPL's input.

kfacres

CAB said:
Cut the BS said:
CAB said:
PMs that you have sent.

No, not really. Just PPL sharing their thoughts and experiences, not wanting to be jumped on more than likely. I really appreciate their thoughts, time, & experiences with the bulls that they have tried. We are brand new into Red Angus, so it is extremely helpful for us to get PPL's input.

You'll find that's the difference in the Red Angus people and say the 'shorthorns or angus'.  I think you'll enjoy your Red Angus vacation- almost I bet to the point of not wanting to return home. 

CAB

Cut the BS said:
CAB said:
Cut the BS said:
CAB said:
PMs that you have sent.

You'll find that's the difference in the Red Angus people and say the 'shorthorns or angus'.  I think you'll enjoy your Red Angus vacation- almost I bet to the point of not wanting to return home. 
Well when you really stop and think about it Jody, People should be and are very proud of what they are producing or are trying to produce. There are many great bulls out running with cows that would make great AI sires, but in reality they just can't all be promoted. I have had many bulls suggested in this short thread that I had never heard of and better yet several breeders/farms that I was unaware of. I am enjoying studying something different than what I spend most of my time looking @, but I really can't think  of a breed of cattle that doesn't hold some interest for me. I would like to breed some cows to a Gert.  & a Beef Master bull someday to see how much growth could be added to our cattle here in the midwest. I have seen some very good eared x cattle in the past.

kfacres

CAB said:
Cut the BS said:
CAB said:
Cut the BS said:
CAB said:
PMs that you have sent.

Well when you really stop and think about it Jody, People should be and are very proud of what they are producing or are trying to produce. There are many great bulls out running with cows that would make great AI sires, but in reality they just can't all be promoted. I have had many bulls suggested in this short thread that I had never heard of and better yet several breeders/farms that I was unaware of. I am enjoying studying something different than what I spend most of my time looking @, but I really can't think  of a breed of cattle that doesn't hold some interest for me. I would like to breed some cows to a Gert.  & a Beef Master bull someday to see how much growth could be added to our cattle here in the midwest. I have seen some very good eared x cattle in the past.
I've been involved in the RA breed, for a very short period of time-- but I can tell you that as a whole that is a great set of people to be around...  Wish I could say the same for some other breeds.. It's sad when we've 9shorthorn breeders), are losing some of our greats like Jeff Cornell (feederduck), to the Red Angus breed...  It's happening in all the breeds- people are going from mainstream BS- to sideline fun in the sun...

whereselway

Mill Iron A said:
I've seen berry cherry in person and several females out of him and they are stamped pic perfect. Really feminist level and big bodied. The bull himself is one of the best footed bulls I've seen. I will have a few jackhammer daughters due to calve this year so we will see about the milk deal. My experience is that the milk number is tied to growth so no one really knows how muchmilk they really have anyway.
This is our Berry Cherry out of an LCC Market Place/Shiny Hood cow of Tims.  We have another daughter that is out of a Major League/Buf Crk Marias cow, and she is equally as feminine and even deeper ribbed than this one.  From what we have seen, he seems to stamp them like this. 

Attachments

• mattie.jpg
    mattie.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 234

Lodoen Cattle

CAB said:
Thanks Stuart, Herfluvr, & LMB. Your heifers look very good. Looks & sounds like there will be a bunch of great Red Angus cattle show up @ NWSS. I'm not planning on going this year again. I purposely have avoided Denver the last few years to not tempt myself with some new bull. It somewhat has kept me out of the doghouse some nights.

LMB, do you have a web-site or pictures of your bull? Reg#? Thanks.

His reg. number is 1239538. and we do not have a good picture of him, but I can post more pictures of his calves if you would like.

(Sorry for the late reply)