we got Bin Laden

Help Support Steer Planet:

ZNT

chambero said:
For something of this magnitude, you can be certain that a full-scale mock up of this compound exists somewhere that these soldiers/sailors have been training at.  We were only going to get one chance at it.

You can be certain that we struck it as soon as we knew Bin Laden was really there.  We were only going to get to do this once.  It's obvious the Pakistan military (at least parts of it) knew about this place and sheltered him.  We couldn't launch an assault like this and let it fail.  Pakistan has no choice but to go along with it now and play dumb since we got him - had it failed there would be he** to pay for us essentially invading them.

I don't think any criticism of Obama or anyone else in the administration is warranted.   We should be as happy for Obama as we would Bush.  I was pleased that Obama called Bush to let him know we got him.  In all honesty, a lot of credit should be given to Obama for keeping Gates as Defense Secretary.  Not many presidents would have done that.

I'm guessing Bin Laden's idea of the perfect funeral didn't include getting fed to the fish.

I figured we'd get Bin Laden someday, I never figured we would know for sure and certainly not actually get his body.  Politics aside, our military - under a long line of Republican and Democrat presidents and congresses - has developed (through government contracts) and utilized some amazing technology and soldiers to let us pull something like this off.

Great job by America's special forces, and the intelligence and diplomacy that was used to take out this evil to the world.  He killed people from from every race and religion, and killed more Muslims than anyone else.  More evil will come, but maybe removing this ONE evil, can start mending scars left behind.   

mark tenenbaum

Yea-he lived a suburban rich rugbeater lifestyle-and had a woman shield him from incoming fire-When it came his turn to see Allah-he wasnt so brave-Sure didnt mind sending thusands of people on suicide missions-murdering innocents etc. Worst part-the Honiac Rugbeater-Shmucks that follow him will now make jihad on everyone around:especially other Moslems dont wish to live in the stone age.Should be interesting-and I think they coulda got him along time ago.THIS HIT WAS PERFECT TIMING: given the number of people: (and yes they are brave) being killed in various Camel Republics because they want some basic rights,they also dont want to be manipulated-threatened _killed,or coerced against thier will by the YACKS- (Taliban etc)  Or  the dictators. O0

flacowman

sadly hHa,burgman we don't have the biggest army, that would be China whom we owe trillions to...mull that one over for a while

hamburgman

flacowman your right, I meant in $ and technology, that was my bad for not clarifying.

flacowman

true, I wasn't criticizing you (and sorry for the atrocious spelling of your name) but the thought of the millions of chinese soldiers that I am sure have no love for us sure doesn't help me sleep any better at night

Mueller Show Cattle

flacowman said:
sadly hHa,burgman we don't have the biggest army, that would be China whom we owe trillions to...mull that one over for a while
Yes China has the largest Army but only Army. There Navy and Air Force is nothing compared to ours along with us having the Marine Corps. Plus there Army is just bodies with guns no where near the training our soldiers get. It would be a blood bath if they ever messed with us.

hamburgman

flacowman said:
true, I wasn't criticizing you (and sorry for the atrocious spelling of your name) but the thought of the millions of chinese soldiers that I am sure have no love for us sure doesn't help me sleep any better at night

Agreed flacowman, and I didn't take it as criticism. 

mark tenenbaum

Mueller Show Cattle said:
flacowman said:
Yes China has the largest Army but only Army. There Navy and Air Force is nothing compared to ours along with us having the Marine Corps. Plus there Army is just bodies with guns no where near the training our soldiers get. It would be a blood bath if they ever messed with us. ////
I seriously doubt you will see many boots on the ground-coventional wars on the field of battle anymore. Particularly on the scale of an invasion on a populous like China. Take 300000 Chinese out on the field,give me some drones, missles, and bombs-and lets see who wins. O0

justintime

I really don't care what politics occurred or what events lead to this event, the important fact is that this complete piece of dirt and scourge on humanity is DEAD!  I wonder if he will lose his 72 virgins seeing he was dumped in the ocean and is now shark bait, rather than being buried within 24 hours with his head pointed towards Mecca in normal Muslim fashion. The biggest concern I have right now, is the fact that the Muslim world is being very quiet since Bin Laden's death.. which onlhy means to me that there will be serious reprocussions on the Western world. I heard a report today that a Muslim leader interviewed a year ago, had said that if Bin Laden was killed that an atomic weapon would be deployed in Britain shortly afterwards. Hopefully this was more idle threats and fear mongering. In any event, I for one, am very happy the bastard is dead.May he rot in Hell for eternity!

fed_champions

Did anyone find it a little odd that they threw his body in the sea, one day after his death was revealed? And why haven't they shown us any pictures of his body, or videos of his burial? Just wondering

comercialfarmer

fed_champions said:
Did anyone find it a little odd that they threw his body in the sea, one day after his death was revealed?

I wonder about a lot of things that are reported, but this would make sense if it were due to attempting to uphold an individuals religous beliefs- burial within 24 hrs.

And why haven't they shown us any pictures of his body, or videos of his burial? Just wondering

Head shots don't make for very pretty pictures.  A closed casket would be in order.  And pictures would be more inflammatory and rallying to the cause of revenge than just reporting the event.

No officials in the defense department or elsewhere are making waves of this topic. 

As far as timelyness...  With all the weirdness and what appears to be slight of hand that has been going on in our country, I would have questioned them 6 months ago, or 6 months from now.  Anything and everything that happens with this administration will be questioned because of their previous actions- whether it is for legitimate reasons or not.  Reminds me of a children's story that my moma use to read to me.  There was a boy that liked to fib, until one day no one believed him.

What happened to the value of a man's word? 

jason

<beer>

I am just glad they went with the helicopter seal team, as opposed to just bombing it and not being able to prove it.

BIGTEX

Everyone knows he died 9 years ago... This was obviously an impostor to help boost Obamas ratings... ;)

GM

I can't wait until the video game version comes out!  What are you doing right now if you were on that SEAL team???  Whew!!!  How about if you were the guy that did the deed???  Hard to follow that up...to express your feelings to family and friends...especially when you can't talk about it!?!?  Amazing!  I find the picture of the president and his team observing the mission unfold while sitting  in the situation room to be very haunting (Hillary covering her mouth in horror, Obama on the edge of his seat, etc).

I would be doubling down on my advertising dollars if I were a military recruiter right now!!!  That adventure would resonate with me if I were a younger man...especially in this economy.

JbarL

30deg 17&#039; 11.73 N 81deg 35&#039;59.94&q
GM said:
I can't wait until the video game version comes out!  What are you doing right now if you were on that SEAL team???  Whew!!!  How about if you were the guy that did the deed???  Hard to follow that up...to express your feelings to family and friends...especially when you can't talk about it!?!?  Amazing!  I find the picture of the president and his team observing the mission unfold while sitting  in the situation room to be very haunting (Hillary covering her mouth in horror, Obama on the edge of his seat, etc).

I would be doubling down on my advertising dollars if I were a military recruiter right now!!!  That adventure would resonate with me if I were a younger man...especially in this economy.

the video is soon to follow for sure...every generation seems to have there own collection of "war toys"......first ya got your plastic ( made in america) "cowboys and indians".....then ya got your toy army men/tanks/planes...ect ..generation....
this "urban warfare" style has played its sef out out on the videos but hasnt seemed to generate hands on "toys".....are we getting more sensitive in our old age and not promoting "hands on" war toys anymore... ....or has the computer version equally captured our youths intrest ?  jbarl

BIGTEX

JbarL said:
pics are soon to come im sure.....to quell the trumps/palins/bigtexs and other skeptics of anyting this president does....jbarl

I', sure you realized i was joking. Good job to George W.  for his interrogation techniques that led to the information that help get OBL. Also, to the Brave men and women  of the Armed Forces that Obama  just threatened to stop paying.