What are you listening to?

Help Support Steer Planet:

vet tech

AAOK said:
Bob Dylan - My wife bought me the Limited Edition Catalog Box Set of 15 CDs.  It's incredible!!!!
Im only 16 and BoB Dylan is my favorite artist/genius ever. I also like the Beatles, Tom Petty, Traveling Wilburys ( if you like Bob Dylan check them out!!!), Led zepplin, the doors, john denver, cat stevens, Ravi Shankar, Simon and Garfunkel,Rolling Stanes, and Donovan. But bob rules!

shortdawg

Right now I'm listening/watching the CMA Music Fest on GAC. All the good ones and even OFS's woman is hosting.

Telos

I'm making  CD's for Christmas gifts as I type this. They will have Brooke Miller, Martin Sexton, Ryan Montbleau Band, Joni Mitchell, Tom Waits, Ani Difranco, the Felice Bros., and Priscilla Ahn. Brooke Miller is a new country singer/song writer from Canada. Sexton and Montbleau are East Coast musicians. Mitchell's Big Yellow Taxi will be on the CD along with some of Tom Waits early works. Felice Bros. is an Up State NY band. So far, it's sounding pretty good.

Telos

For those who can download. This is Brooke Miller. I'm fairly conservative in my taste in music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWkGNYPAyaU

Telos

Olson Family Shorthorns said:
Tom Waits freaks me out.

he's a weird dude.

I know what you're saying, but if you can get past his rough voice his lyrics and music were pretty inventive. He would record roosters and other farm animals and incorporate them into his music. I think he was one of our greatest songwriters.

shortyjock89

Telos- I agree that he has some awesome lyrics, it just takes some time to get acclimated to him. His music videos are what get me.  One of them has him riding around on a tricycle and other stuff...but I like weird stuff so I don't mind too much  ;D.

OH Breeder

If you get a chance, there is a song on You Tube that Carrie Underwood sang on Idol but was written by George Michael. I think it is very relevant to our current state affairs. JMO
whether you like either artist the song says alot.

George version
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7St4CEbQX7g

Carrie's version
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1JcVzNrqhE

jason

vet tech said:
AAOK said:
Bob Dylan - My wife bought me the Limited Edition Catalog Box Set of 15 CDs.  It's incredible!!!!
Im only 16 and BoB Dylan is my favorite artist/genius ever. I also like the Beatles, Tom Petty, Traveling Wilburys ( if you like Bob Dylan check them out!!!), Led zepplin, the doors, john denver, cat stevens, Ravi Shankar, Simon and Garfunkel,Rolling Stanes, and Donovan. But bob rules!

(clapping) Tom Petty (clapping)

Telos

OH Breeder said:
If you get a chance, there is a song on You Tube that Carrie Underwood sang on Idol but was written by George Michael. I think it is very relevant to our current state affairs. JMO
whether you like either artist the song says alot.

George version
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7St4CEbQX7g

Carrie's version
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1JcVzNrqhE

Ohio B. Great song. I almost always perfer songs performed by the artist who wrote it.
Carrie is great and can sing covers all day long,  but the the problem I'm having with her is that she is all over the place with way too many genres. I think I'd like her better if she could just find her niche whether country, pop or even R& B.

shortyjock89

shortdawg said:
Right now I'm listening/watching the CMA Music Fest on GAC. All the good ones and even OFS's woman is hosting.

Golly, isn't she swell?

DLD

aj said:
dld...do you like the "lost boy" album. I am going to try some bleu. What is your top two albums of bleu?

aj, Lost Boy is absolutely my favorite recent album by anyone.  I got it just before I went to Denver in January and it was darn near the only cd I listened to for a good three months, and it's still pretty heavy in my rotation.  The brand new Live at Billy Bob's cd looks like it's mostly stuff from Lost Boy anyway, and I hear that (like alot of the Live at Billy Bobs cd's) sound quality is just so so.  I'd say One Voice would be my next choice.  You can check out all the albums and hear samples of most of the songs at www.lonestarmusic.com  .

OFS, you might want to check out that link too, if you like Ragweed can find their stuff there, too.  I bet you'd like Bleu as well.

I can't say much about the youtube links, my dial up won't download 'em, but like Chris, I'm not much on Carrie Underwood these days.  I think she's more associated with the hsus (humane society of the US) than with peta, but although most people don't know as much about them (even many of their supporters), they're definitely just as, if not more radical than peta - this is not the humane society you go to to adopt a puppy or kitten.

I'm listening to Waylon Jennings and The Waymore Blues Band - Never Say Die (the final concert).  This 2 cd set comes with a very cool (imo, anyway) dvd, and is a must have if you're any kind of a Waylon fan.

currently playing  -  Drift Away (yes, that Drift Away - lol)

Telos

O.K. DLD and AJ. Downloaded this Bleu Edmondson guy on You Tube to see what all the fuss was about. At first I thought they were just another noisy band playing in a noisy bar. Finally listened to them on I Tunes and really liked them. I just shelled out a buck on the song Last Last Time. The first of the song sounded pretty good. Will give you a report latter and tell you what I think.

Telos

Telos said:
O.K. DLD and AJ. Downloaded this Bleu Edmondson guy on You Tube to see what all the fuss was about. At first I thought they were just another noisy band playing in a noisy bar. Finally listened to them on I Tunes and really liked them. I just shelled out a buck on the song Last Last Time. The first of the song sounded pretty good. Will give you a report latter and tell you what I think.

Thanks for the info.. Great stuff!  It's going on my Christmas CD.