What do you think of my show heifer?

Help Support Steer Planet:

CCW

andholl said:
She is out of Ranch Hand and she can be bred to Dream On.

It's funny because I thought she looked like a Ranchhand as soon as I saw her picture.He tends to make them a little shorter necked and wastier up front but makes the broody ones that make productive, efficient cows. I would breed her to Built Right. He is heifer safe and should help the extension and smoothness thru her front end.
Good heifer.

WJ Farms

There are several bulls you could breed her too........my picks are

Rubys Wide Open
ZKCC Chopper
LBS The Foreman
Flying B Cut Above "Fat Butt"
Mr NLC Upgrade

Thos 5 bulls are gonna be my pick of Simmentals......

leanbeef

WJ Farms said:
There are several bulls you could breed her too........my picks are

Rubys Wide Open
ZKCC Chopper
LBS The Foreman
Flying B Cut Above "Fat Butt"
Mr NLC Upgrade

Thos 5 bulls are gonna be my pick of Simmentals......

For heifers?...These are the bulls you are using on heifers?

Good luck.

WJ Farms

Ok for heifers sorry!!!! Only Chopper on that list could really be used for a heifer!!! But really for first calf breed her to an Angus Bull!!!!! Then you can registered it as a percentage then breed her and build up to PB simmys

Simmgal

CCW said:
andholl said:
She is out of Ranch Hand and she can be bred to Dream On.

It's funny because I thought she looked like a Ranchhand as soon as I saw her picture. Thought so too!
I would breed her to Built Right. He is heifer safe and should help the extension and smoothness thru her front end. Agree!!
Good heifer.Ditto!

Haha ;D
If you don't want to use Built Right, Grandmaster is a good choice. I also like Trademark even though he is a little bit older, and Dream On is always a good one in many scenarios if he isn't already in the animal's pedigree! I am not sure about Upgrade becasue of his large actual BW, and If I remember correctly, my Upgrade heifer was a larger size calf. I think he would also keep the front a little wasty.

R1Livestock

Get a live one out of her first.  The first one can set up a cows productivity for the rest of her life.  Many a good heifers with lots of potential have never had a second calf, it's a shame.  Just because they're positively low bw doesn't mean they have to be junk.

simmyman67

She is really broody looking! The kind I want producing show calves for me. She will work with a lot of bulls after she has that first calf.

AAOK

I personally don't care for this heifer as a Show Calf, but I can see in her the makings of a powerful cow.  She needs a whole bunch of style, so if you can't afford to breed her to Meyer 734, my pick would be SVF Steel Force S701