What's everyone favorite country song

Help Support Steer Planet:

kobo_ranch

irh said:
Amarillo By Morning by the man George Strait.  That fiddle is the real deal

You got it!!  That's about the best country song EVER...great dance tune.  George came out with his first album when i was early 20's, danced right in front of him at the Austin old Palmer auditorium!!  Those were the days....

Some other favs that might not totally qualify as "country"

Mr Bogangles
Come Monday ( J Buffett)
Boston  (please come to boston...'ramblin man why dont you settle down...boston ain't my kind of town...)  great song can't remember artist

My husband loves Merle and George J.  THATS COUNTRY!!  I'm not quite that country yet...

sorry i know already gave my two cents...just i could talk about music all day long!!  too muddy outside to do much today!!

ferkj

16th Avenue - Lacy J Dalton
Thank God and Greyhound You're Gone - Roy Clark( I think)

Hoosier

I'm really into the texas/red dirt stuff--yeah we listen to it up here!!  Pretty much anything by Casey Donahew, Eli Young Band, Cross Canadian Ragweed,, Reckless Kelly, Chris Knight....and if you haven't heard him, find some Corey Smith....he's the bomb!

Telos

Hoosier said:
I'm really into the texas/red dirt stuff--yeah we listen to it up here!!  Pretty much anything by Casey Donahew, Eli Young Band, Cross Canadian Ragweed,, Reckless Kelly, Chris Knight....and if you haven't heard him, find some Corey Smith....he's the bomb!

Thanks for the tip about Corey Smith. Always like to discover new artists.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7ikSa3h3e8&feature=related

mark tenenbaum

aj said:
Colorado Coolaide by Johny Paycheck. The song is a carefully crafted description on how to get along between Mexicans and whites. It is a delicate balance between humor,common sense, and a depiction of an incident that occured in Houston Texas. A must listen. If not this one "why does evrery one want to kick my a&&. Right on-a listener with some intellect-and I dont mean that in a sarcastic way. O0 <beer>

aj

Billy jo Shaver is a solid pick. Emmylou Harris,Elk River Bisquit and Gravy band,Pott County Pork and Bean band?

aj

Kinda like "I was drunk the day my mom got out of prison".DAC course this might fit the wonderfull government run projects of modern time.

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
I second the Belamy Brothers ,don't get much better than that, Moe Bandy seems to do some good ones ,I can't think of the name of it, but Alision Krause makes it sound like no. one every time I hear it, THE WRITER OF IT DIED YOUNG ...An when they talk about a number one song for the men I always think of George Jone an (HE QUIT LOVING HER TODAY)  I've got more years to remember than most o you....

Show Heifer

This is a new song, but oh my, I LOVE IT!!
It is called "I pray for you" by some guy. If you haven't heard it, it is NOT what you think, but yep, it is a classic!

Jacob B

"PINK FLAMINGOS" by Tracy Byrd.  I think that's how you spell it anyway.  Has to be my all time favorite country tune.

xxcc

here's one ( i can't really list one favorite )

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zRX4mlFi06A&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zRX4mlFi06A&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

shorthorngirl2010

Country Folk Livin Loud - Lost Trailers
Shes Country - Jason Aldean
If That Aint Country - Anthony Smith
Cadillac Cowboy - Chris Ledoux
Feet Don't Touch the Ground - Stoney Larue
A Boy Named Sue - Johnny Cash
Two Pinacolada (sp?) - Garth Brooks

... and on, and on, and on...

Ok, really, I'm a country music addict.  Eventhough it's mostly main stream 'schtuff' up here, those red dirt/ texas country tunes are REALLY good too.  Throw anything at me, I'll listen to it at least once.  If it ends up on the iPod or in the favorites, means I must be addicted to it as well!

Latest posts