What's your favorite cold weather clothes?

Help Support Steer Planet:

LostFarmer

Got to have a stormy kromer hat, carharts, duo-fold insulated underwear, and a warm fire.  We do all the feeding with a team of horses and a wagon or bob sled.  Makes for a broke team and gives you a chance to be in the cows slow and close.  LF

dan m

I live in the snow belt of the world! Near Erie PA... nothing like a snow storm everyday from the lakes. Rabbit Fur hat, Good ole Camo hunting jacket from cabelas, muck boots, and good good insolated socks, and wahls gloves! It will get er done!

Grubbin Hoe

Filson Tin cloth coat with a wool vest under it will keep you warm and dry.  Might as well have the best.... its on the tag!

ruhtram

Carhart bibs or columbia snow pants with a couple sweat shirts (depending on how cold it is.)

Okotoks

Ok since it's minus 26 C or Minus 18 F with a nice light breeze tonight my favorite winter clothes are shorts on a beach somewhere in Mexico!
But tonight it was layers t-shirt, shirt ,hoody,lined carhart jacket, touque, line gloves etc. and tomorrow I'm digging out my insulated Carhart overalls! This weather really bites.

aandtcattle

thermal underwear top and bottom, blue jeans, long sleeve snap shirt, heavy socks, Bogz insulated rubber boots, Berne insulated coveralls, Key coat and my select sires flapper hat, Heatrac insulated gloves and a silk scarf

OH Breeder

Under Armour wouldn't be without it. DOes a great job wicking moisture away. I also like Carharts but my ulitmate favorite coat as we are just south of the lakes where its flat windy and snowy is a coat I got from Cabella's years ago. It is goose down sub zero rated with fox fur. I can put that on and never feel a draft. It is durable and washable and love it. Now that I am little older and don't have quiet the circulation I once had, I wear the under armor pants.

Aussie

Okotoks said:
Ok since it's minus 26 C or Minus 18 F with a nice light breeze tonight my favorite winter clothes are shorts on a beach somewhere in Mexico!
But tonight it was layers t-shirt, shirt ,hoody,lined carhart jacket, touque, line gloves etc. and tomorrow I'm digging out my insulated Carhart overalls! This weather really bites.
Well today got our first taste of summer 28C had shorts on washing the team got burnt.  (lol)

AAOK

drl said:
Going out to feed this morning it was 45 degrees and raining. Makes me think about getting the cold weather clothes out. What are your favorite cold weather clothes? Especially those that keep you warm when the cows need hay and it is -20. AAOK what would be the best socks and boots?

I've already covered Boots & Socks.

AAOK

I will say I'm a Big Fan of the Compression Clothing, Winter & Summer.  If any of you are looking for a price cut, the best I've found for the money is American Wave. http://www.americanwave.com/

As I have stated before, I was a Carhartt dealer many years before most had ever heard the name.  As good as Carhartt apparel is, a high quality, Nylon shell, Goose Down insulated jacket/coat will keep you warmer without sweating than anything on the market.

sue

Goose down vest.  double sweat shirts , double t- shirts , jeans  and snow pants.   

Doc

OH Breeder said:
Under Armour wouldn't be without it. DOes a great job wicking moisture away. I also like Carharts but my ulitmate favorite coat as we are just south of the lakes where its flat windy and snowy is a coat I got from Cabella's years ago. It is goose down sub zero rated with fox fur. I can put that on and never feel a draft. It is durable and washable and love it. Now that I am little older and don't have quiet the circulation I once had, I wear the under armor pants.

Carhart insulated overalls ( coveralls are too binding to me) with a hooded jacket under it.

Shawn, From your avatar it looks like she is settling in just fine.

OH Breeder

Doc said:
OH Breeder said:

Carhart insulated overalls ( coveralls are too binding to me) with a hooded jacket under it.

Shawn, From your avatar it looks like she is settling in just fine.

very much so Doc. She knows when the barn door opens there might be some corn associated with it. Meets you at the gate. She really has fit in quiet well. We are excited to get her set up this spring. Thanks again.