Whiplash

Help Support Steer Planet:

smurf

Does anyone know where I can find a picture of Whiplash?

cotullaguy

Whiplash is a legend.  To go along with that there is no photo of him on the net or anywhere other than on the Lupher's wall.  Keep in mind his semen is $750/unit or so.  You can get one of his two brothers semen much easier.

Backlash  $20/unit

Or

Radar $50/unit

Hollywood27

Neither brother comes close to the original.  It's like comparing All About You and Heat Seeker.

cotullaguy

Hollywood27 said:
Neither brother comes close to the original.  It's like comparing All About You and Heat Seeker.

There was a Radar Heifer that sold for $50,000.

Show Steaks

and whiplash has been on the dam side of near 10 promotional bulls in the last 2 years, i think that speaks louder than one $50,000 heifer

cotullaguy

Show Steaks said:
and whiplash has been on the dam side of near 10 promotional bulls in the last 2 years, i think that speaks louder than one $50,000 heifer

from what I have heard, Whiplash was thicker and bigger boned than his brothers.  I am only saying that the other two are probably better than most other bulls for raising females.  I do not doubt for one minute that Whiplash was the best one though.  If someone has $750 for a unit of semen and it really matters go for Whiplash.  If not, his brothers are great alternatives.

shelby23

We have a lot of Whiplash cows in our herd they are great cows some I like better than others but they raise good calves some I like better than others depends on how they nicked with the bull that year.We had a herd bull that was a Whiplash son his name was Flex had alot of champions and kept alot of replacements out of him.One of his calves won the NILE and a Pen in Denver,But then again I liked some of his calves better than others.
We have Radar cows in our herd again some i like better than others but they are good cows .They produce good calves some better than others.
Bred Radar to 45 head this year so far thecalve look good.Nice bone good frame with lots of grow and even hair,And then again some better than others.I guess evey one has there own opinion around here,but all in all they look good.Will let you know how the steers for fair turn out replacement heifers for this year look good.The steer we took to denver was a hit.no monoply but preety stylish.Whiplash was a great sir,Well stil is on the female side.His seman was offered to the public Radar is just bein g sold this year so letss hope more of his females get out there so Hollywood can really compaire we have!!  I guess we all want to have that herd of cows and that bull that produce a great one everytime,But darn it there is always that cow that has to throw a craper that doesn't make a show steer and you have to take it to the sale barn.But at least we make good money on those cuz they can walk across the feed lot and they can pack on the pounds or they can just feed a baby..The last time I saw whiplash before he died,if you compare the 2 they were built about the same but no 2 bulls produce the same even the clones. And if you want good females and even a show steer Radar does produce those to.He wont work on everything but he will work on alot.Then again you always like some more than others.

cotullaguy

Shelby,

you should post some photos of your bulls here.  if I were going to try to raise some replacement females, I would think Radar and Flex would be at the top of my list of bulls to use.  <cowboy>

shelby23

Havent figured out how to post pictures on here.Havent spent enough time on here to figure it out.Need to get new pictures of the babies to but have 6 inches of rain and snow on 6 inches of mud.  ( Need to build a boat soon!!). Besides it sounds like to many experts on our bull already.

shelby23

Radar does have some curl to his hair but not as bad as bad as backlash. Not all of Radars babies have it.Don't Know about backlash calves don't think there are any on the ground yet at least thats what Nate said .Backlash doesnt belong to him

shelby23

Whiplash had wavy hair when I saw him in the winter, but it wasnt like backlash in his picture.Flex our whiplash son did not have curly hair.

shelby23

you are welcome ( still not sure about your comparison from earlier) what were they based on?

Telos

I really like these females. They are by Adrenalin which is closely related to Whiplash. I believe semen is available.

Attachments

• 4251_small.jpg
    4251_small.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 149

Telos

Here are the rest....Some are Adrenalin daughters. Might even be a  better option.

Attachments

• 820.jpg
    820.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 148
  • 653_small.jpg
    653_small.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 141
  • 865_small.jpg
    865_small.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 149
  • 820.jpg
    820.jpg