why is the price a secret

Help Support Steer Planet:

flatwoodscattle

This may be me and I know I am not a big time clubby guy but why is it that know one likes to put a price on their classified. It seems they all want you to pm them the price. Any other type of sales people would like to know the price or just move on to another add. Can someone enlighten me. Just curious

ZNT

We usually put our price on our classified ad's, unless we have additional content on our website we would like the potential buyer to see or read. Prices are almost always located on our website. I personally think it's good for the buyer to see that the price they see is the same one everyone see's. Being secretive just make it appear you are up to something, even if everything is legitimate. That's my two cents.

knabe

some people have or will pay more money, and therefore need to pay more. 

america used to barter, but have weaned themselves of this devilish practice.

BCCC

Not everyone wants everyone to know what they paid for a calf. If you are actually interested in a calf whats 30 seconds of your time to ask some questions about a calf?

Bulldaddy

Although I don't have problems posting a price on a calf, I think BCCC is right--if you are really interested--not just tire kicking--having to ask for the price should be no big deal.

ganggreen

flatwoodscattle said:
This may be me and I know I am not a big time clubby guy but why is it that know one likes to put a price on their classified. It seems they all want you to pm them the price. Any other type of sales people would like to know the price or just move on to another add. Can someone enlighten me. Just curious
because i dont want to tell u. daa

shortdawg

Post your price and some of your so called buddies will undercut you - it happens A LOT ! As for me I don't really like the world to know what I pay for a calf - it more fun to let people guess. We once showed some pigs we bought in IN and everyone said we paid $2k a piece for them when in fact we bought them for a mere 10% of that. If a person wants to post it that's fine with me and if they don't that's fine too. If I'm interested I'll ask.

ganggreen

anyone that has to resort to steerplant to sell cattle obviously cant sell many cattle.  so what does it matter if they post the price or not?

knabe

ganggreen said:
anyone that has to resort to steerplant to sell cattle obviously cant sell many cattle.  so what does it matter if they post the price or not?

expanding the number of people who see one's cattle is stupid.

CWshorthorns

ganggreen said:
I dont think just because you sell a heifer,cow,bull,or steer on steerplanet that it makes you any less of a cattleman because i have noticed that there are a lot of cattle men and ladies on here that share there thoughts to help others out. I mean after all we are all in the same thing to make the best cattle that we can weather it be for fun or as a hobby the more we help our fellow cattle men/women the better the cattle market could be.IMO as for the the pricing of of your cattle it does not take any longer to pm someone if you want to know and  are interested in there item. again IMO

herefordfootball

ganggreen said:
not stupid.  just saying that u probably need to do it

Knabe was being sarcastic... Whats wrong with maximizing the use of the marketing world??? The more people you expose your product to, the better chance you have of interesting a potential seller. Its common sense... Shame you couldnt realize that...

ganggreen

herefordfootball said:
ganggreen said:
not stupid.  just saying that u probably need to do it

Knabe was being sarcastic... Whats wrong with maximizing the use of the marketing world??? The more people you expose your product to, the better chance you have of interesting a potential seller. Its common sense... Shame you couldnt realize that...
my bad.  if your product isnt very good you have to work harder at selling it

herefordfootball

In response to gangreen: Not true. Look at the economical times and tell me all kinds of calves are selling good. Oh and another thing that kinda ruins your little statement there is the fact that PROMOTION bulls have been advertised and sold on here. If you DONT know what a promotion bull is, they are the best of the best bulls in the country that are used for AI breeding. Sorry but I dont think the breeders of these bulls put there bulls for sale on here because they need to work hard at selling it, but because it maximizes you advertising.

Just because you have to work harder at selling doesnt mean you have a less than good product.

ganggreen

CWshorthorns said:
when selling most anything you have to put some effort in it most times it will not just fall into your lap.
there are a million club calves for sale and a thousand people who want to buy one. you better get after it

herefordfootball

ganggreen said:
CWshorthorns said:
when selling most anything you have to put some effort in it most times it will not just fall into your lap.
there are a million club calves for sale and a thousand people who want to buy one. you better get after it

He  never said he didnt have to put effort into it. What we are saying here is that just because you advertise on steerplanet doesnt make your product less than that of a calf that isnt. You are going to get more interest for your calf the more you advertise it...simple fact...

CWshorthorns

The more you get our product out there the more people see it the better chance you have to sell it and i have seen a a pot load of good heifers,bulls,steers,cows for sale on this web site.

knabe

CWshorthorns said:

not if your lap is as big as gangreen's.