Wonder why guns and bullets keep going up in price...this explains it. N/C

Help Support Steer Planet:

comercialfarmer

This is an interesting take on it, something to ponder a little anyway.  The video is toward the bottom. 

http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/03/running-the-numbers-on-dhs-ammo-purchases/

If ammo that is solicited for purchase by DHS must be on hand and available for placement, and bids are held for a certain period until the DHS accepts or declines a bid, the companies must hold the rounds.  So the DHS not buying 1.2 billion rounds can still hold them from circulation by just holding the bid.  That could sure skyrocket costs in a hurry, especially if more than one company is bidding. 

knabe

The new town shooter applied to purchase a gun but refused a background check.

What was the followup?

No assault rifle was used.

Why are we not banning hand guns.

Under current  hipaa law health information,ie mental health status can not be given.

Of course dhs is inquiring about exceptions.

I wonder how easy to get on and hard to get off that list it will be.

In California, we are already taking people's guns away.

With lowered thresholds for felonies that will be an issue as well.

People are clueless just how far democrats want to go with gunk control and how tenuous the 2nd amendment is especially on the supreme court.

mark tenenbaum

knabe said:
The new town shooter applied to purchase a gun but refused a background check.

What was the followup?

No assault rifle was used.

Why are we not banning hand guns.

Under current  hipaa law health information,ie mental health status can not be given.

Of course dhs is inquiring about exceptions.

I wonder how easy to get on and hard to get off that list it will be.

In California, we are already taking people's guns away.

With lowered thresholds for felonies that will be an issue as well.

People are clueless just how far democrats want to go with gunk control and how tenuous the 2nd amendment is especially on the supreme court. // The new town shooter used mommies guns-and hes an example of the basic tennent that you cant control them all-not sure if mental health and criminal background wouldnt merge in some types of background checks:I guess my question is-would you allow a known pediphile to have a gun? Just a different twist on the same old worn out deal. O0

KSanburg

Saw this morning on the news were some wack job run a car into a restaurant in Las Vegas injuring several people  (didn't see where anyone was killed) so where is the out cry for banning large capacity gas tanks? Or limiting the amount of gas you can purchase depending on where you plan to travel? Oh yeah in this instance the driver is at fault where if it had been a gun it would have been the guns fault! And by in large the incident will go largely unreported where if it had been a gun every news channel and politician would have been on their soap box demonizing guns!

knabe

Pedophilia is a felony, which can bar someone from owning a gun through legal processes.

Is there a rash of pedophilia assault weapon incidents worthy of legiative action?

Sugar, cigarettes and liquour might be more useful to ban to help society.

mark tenenbaum

Mtnman said:
Saw this morning on the news were some wack job run a car into a restaurant in Las Vegas injuring several people  (didn't see where anyone was killed) so where is the out cry for banning large capacity gas tanks? Or limiting the amount of gas you can purchase depending on where you plan to travel? Oh yeah in this instance the driver is at fault where if it had been a gun it would have been the guns fault! And by in large the incident will go largely unreported where if it had been a gun every news channel and politician would have been on their soap box demonizing guns!/// Dont see the logic in what you are saying-other than someone who is a habitual bad driver or does crazy S4578t like driving into a reastaraunt loses thier license,goes to jail,or if the cops show and the driver tries a run at them-gets OFFED. We had another (murders and robberies happen 7-10 times a day in boggieland) attempted home invasion yesturday in PG County -on a retired police officer-whoblew away one of them trying to push through the door and hit the other as he was running. There were reublican ANTI GUN CONTROL nieghbors-and little old lady Democrats-who cheered when the kinda cuntry poeleeseman said THIS IS CLEARLY SELF DEFENSE-no investigation of the victim needed,no charges will be filed-about 5 minutes after he got there.I was cheering right along-he had every right to defend his home-and I hope the niggero he shot had time to think about it . So-once again-its not about taking all your guns away and defending your home-WHICH EVEN THE police chief alluded to on further comments,-its mainly about trying to keep tabs on a portion of those people who may not be felons yatta yatta-but might have a history of minor assaults-domestic violence ,or a profile of -what have you,and could get dangerous. I have known several cops:including one in my immediate family: who feel that this is necessary-and they risk thier lives every day and face people who would kill them,-not just strut around around in camo-outfits spouting childish  crap about the govt. takeover. O0

comercialfarmer

mark tenenbaum said:
Mtnman said:
Saw this morning on the news were some wack job run a car into a restaurant in Las Vegas injuring several people  (didn't see where anyone was killed) so where is the out cry for banning large capacity gas tanks? Or limiting the amount of gas you can purchase depending on where you plan to travel? Oh yeah in this instance the driver is at fault where if it had been a gun it would have been the guns fault! And by in large the incident will go largely unreported where if it had been a gun every news channel and politician would have been on their soap box demonizing guns!/// Dont see the logic in what you are saying-other than someone who is a habitual bad driver or does crazy S4578t like driving into a reastaraunt loses thier license,goes to jail,or if the cops show and the driver tries a run at them-gets OFFED. We had another (murders and robberies happen 7-10 times a day in boggieland) attempted home invasion yesturday in PG County -on a retired police officer-whoblew away one of them trying to push through the door and hit the other as he was running. There were reublican ANTI GUN CONTROL nieghbors-and little old lady Democrats-who cheered when the kinda ****ry poeleeseman said THIS IS CLEARLY SELF DEFENSE-no investigation of the victim needed,no charges will be filed-about 5 minutes after he got there.I was cheering right along-he had every right to defend his home-and I hope the *****o he shot had time to think about it . So-once again-its not about taking all your guns away and defending your home-WHICH EVEN THE police chief alluded to on further comments,-its mainly about trying to keep tabs on a portion of those people who may not be felons yatta yatta-but might have a history of minor assaults-domestic violence ,or a profile of -what have you,and could get dangerous. I have known several cops:including one in my immediate family: who feel that this is necessary-and they risk thier lives every day and face people who would kill them,-not just strut around around in camo-outfits spouting childish  crap about the govt. takeover. O0

If you will give us the decipher code, I would be happy to reply.  Honestly can't tell what you're saying half the time.  

mark tenenbaum

commercialfarmer said:
mark tenenbaum said:
Mtnman said:
Saw this morning on the news were some wack job run a car into a restaurant in Las Vegas injuring several people  (didn't see where anyone was killed) so where is the out cry for banning large capacity gas tanks? Or limiting the amount of gas you can purchase depending on where you plan to travel? Oh yeah in this instance the driver is at fault where if it had been a gun it would have been the guns fault! And by in large the incident will go largely unreported where if it had been a gun every news channel and politician would have been on their soap box demonizing guns!/// Dont see the logic in what you are saying-other than someone who is a habitual bad driver or does crazy S4578t like driving into a reastaraunt loses thier license,goes to jail,or if the cops show and the driver tries a run at them-gets OFFED. We had another (murders and robberies happen 7-10 times a day in boggieland) attempted home invasion yesturday in PG County -on a retired police officer-whoblew away one of them trying to push through the door and hit the other as he was running. There were reublican ANTI GUN CONTROL nieghbors-and little old lady Democrats-who cheered when the kinda ****ry poeleeseman said THIS IS CLEARLY SELF DEFENSE-no investigation of the victim needed,no charges will be filed-about 5 minutes after he got there.I was cheering right along-he had every right to defend his home-and I hope the *****o he shot had time to think about it . So-once again-its not about taking all your guns away and defending your home-WHICH EVEN THE police chief alluded to on further comments,-its mainly about trying to keep tabs on a portion of those people who may not be felons yatta yatta-but might have a history of minor assaults-domestic violence ,or a profile of -what have you,and could get dangerous. I have known several cops:including one in my immediate family: who feel that this is necessary-and they risk thier lives every day and face people who would kill them,-not just strut around around in camo-outfits spouting childish  crap about the govt. takeover. O0

If you will give us the decipher code, I would be happy to reply.  Honestly can't tell what you're saying half the time.  

mark tenenbaum

Let me dechipher-there are people getting killed and robbed around the Dc area and suburbs as many as ten times in a 24 hour period-yeasturday-two n*****ers with guns drawn pounded on the door of an older fella in a nice  quiet nieborhood about 10 miles from "BOOGIE LAND" the massive ghetto that is suburban DC-including parts of Maryland,DC,and VA.The old man was a retired cop-had a low caliber pistol-(which works great at close range) -and killed the first one as he was trying to break down the door-with his scumbag worthless body in the way-it took him some time to get out the door-and he fired what was probably his last two-at the other n*****er as he jumped into a car and fled. The police showed up-the nieghbors were all around and interviewed by the news team-and they ran the gamet publiccly about gun control and the kind of violence that has killed probably 10 kids under the age of 18 alone since January.There were Gun Control disbelievers,and believers-THEY ALL CHEERED WHAT THE GUY DID DEFENDING HIS HOME-AND SO DID I. The police chief-who is an old Prince Georges county redneck-where I ended up in jail years ago and posted about the lynch mob mentalitythat was back in the day SAID-we must do something to get these guns off the street-and hes faced alot more life threatening situations than you ever will on a civilian basis-TRUST ME. The cop in my immediate family is on the Pentagon Police Force-and when the guy came in shooting-some other things happened-he also says the same thing-and is basically on high alert,along with the numerous snipers posistioned on the roof etc 24-7.So maybe you need to get hip-and leave the safe cocoon of your rural area-and see a 14 year old kid shot 5 times in the guts for the shoes he bought his girlfriend-they wanted him to have a prolonged experience-I say-you oughta count your blessings and maybe run down somebody elses country-untill you figure out that its a PRIVELEDGE TO BE HERE-perfect or not O0

mark tenenbaum

Gargan said:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/04/02/senators-vow-to-oppose-un-arms-trade-treaty/
Remember what I said about the UN anyone? This is where our gun control may come from.// Well-with the US being the largest arms dealer in the world voting for it-and our wonderfull allies IRAN,North Korea,etc voting against it-this is obviously directed at arms dealers-countries supplying terrorist organizations-who are going after every body and anything that isnt Muslim-well not exactly-if you aint the right kind of Muslim-they are gonna kill you too-or for whatever fantasy crosses thier minds at the time. I think it makes sense to cut off arms to terrorists-unless they turn them on Iran,Nort Korea etc-so maybe enlighten me what this has to do with guns in our country;unless the NRA is actually in with the rugbeeter terrorists-I DONT THINK SO-and as an aside-I think thier idea about guarding schools is unoriginal-Im the one who suggested  months ago about our vets guarding schools-and mow down the first creep who tries anyhting (lol) O0 LOL O0

Cow Chaser

What gets me will all the gun control laws is that there is no common sense used in any of these decisions.  Most people who commit crime don't buy their guns legally.  The only people that get punished are the law abiding citizens, and they want to limit the number of rounds in a clip, really this does no good it doesn't take long to change clips, once again if a criminal wants it he or she will get it.  With all these laws that are passing and being proposed it just makes it easier for criminals to do what they want.

ALTSIMMY 79

Amen to that CowChaser!!! It's a big political crock! Don't worry we are pushing back against their proposed stupidity,  in full force!!!

mark tenenbaum

-XBAR- said:
If you applied that logic across the board there wouldn't be any laws. /// Youre right-but laws and logic,and maintaining some kind of order (even in a small way) seem to given way to two opposing camps-the thing I dont get is that people arent listening to the law enforcement guys,and even some of the military people-they are the ones who REALLY DEAL with armed threats first hand-and they are not saying-take away all your weapons etc. Maybe give them some kind of an audit trail where maybe they can solve 1 murder more-or keep one person near the edge from getting a weapon with no effort.Maybe Connetticut is wrong for enacting the new gun laws-and one of the main and vocal people behind it-is a republican. O0

knabe

-XBAR- said:
If you applied that logic across the board there wouldn't be any laws.

Apply the equally opposite absurd extreme.

Really I mean get some debate skills.