American Muscle Pic

Help Support Steer Planet:

Status
Not open for further replies.

justme

sjcattleco said:
(lol)
It really didn't matter!!!  That dumbass Janet pulled the whole thread anyway!!!

Hey that's GRANDMA CRANKY PANTS to you Mr. SJ! lol (clapping)

Will

sjcattleco said:
Can you believe that some punk POS on breedersworld is bashin my bull already??? i would love to be a hacker and make his harddrive explode...
I would not worry.  Thier is a lot of really pretty fronted narrow made shorthorn females.  If you can just get 1/4 of the ones that a little more volume to use your bull you might get rich.

Jill

red said:
I guess I don't understand on other boards, why when someone asks a question or makes a comment they get a sarcastic or nasty comment back for a reply.
It takes as much time to give a sensible answer as it does some nasty comment. Sometimes it's just gibberish.
And that my dear is why I always use my real name.  I don't post anything on any of the boards that I wouldn't say in person.  It would be very easy to type a repsonse on a whim when no one knows who you are, blast the latest bull, judge president etc.  I guess for me it comes down to integrity, posting my real name keeps me honest, I think about my responses before I type, you may not always like my opion, but it is my honest opion. 

red

I think sometimes we are all so quick to make a comeback or correct what we think is an error, we don't stop & take a deep breathe before we type. I think we all seem to feel we have to have the last word or snipe in. you're right Jill, you've never been afraid to put your name & location down. I give you kudos to that!
It's easy to stir the pot or cause trouble when you don't use your own name but in the long run I think it all catches back up & bites you in the behind.

Red

sjcattleco

Ultra sound data

Adjusted for 365 days

REA  14.4  considered optimum industry standard!!

Rump fat  .30

Rib fat .43

% Im fat  2.83

red

Now let anyone tell you that he is not a functional, usable bull! Also if I understand your set-up, he is not getting supplementation? Fantastic!!!

Red

sjcattleco

LOL  no animal could look that good at that age without some feed!!!!! Ohio forages suck about 45 weeks out of the year!!

He is on a all the first cut hay he wants to wad in plus a  bull developer that is high roughage.. lots of cottonseed hulls... soy hulls. wheat mids.. Lots of oats,  little corn.. barley... He certianlly was not fed like a showsteer....but he was never hungry!!!!!  he has grown very very well...

aj

I like the bull I just am thinking solid red works best for me. I may be interested in semen I will get back to you.

sjcattleco

aj said:
I like the bull I just am thinking solid red works best for me. I may be interested in semen I will get back to you.

I hear ya aj..... not sure if he was red if it would help... my arguement for that would be to get them designed the way you want them before you worry about the color.... I doubt if the guys designing a new truck worry much about the paint scheme before they get the tin on it.

sjcattleco

Here is a 3/4 brother steer to American Muscle... not as correct on his feet and legs but one thick meat wagon!!! and a puppy dog too... my little boys love him to death.. it will be a sad day in August when he goes!  I hope this pic does him justice.. this calf is straighter made and was much prettier than AM  when he was little....

Attachments

• Blizz1.jpg
    Blizz1.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 346

red

Talk about a meatwagon!
Thanks for clearing that up on the no supplement. I was wondering what wonder forage you were feeding him to get him to look like that! Thought maybe I better send the chopper down your way if that was the case!
I'm going to try & talk OH B into taking me next time he visits you.

Red

sjcattleco

garybob said:
How is he gaining, and howmuch of what is he eating? Post his carcass stats, too, ok?

he is eating about 35# of showfeed /day  its a local mix basically done  up to copy Honor calf grower..The feed is very fluffy.. lots of cotton seed hulls and other bulky ingredients....will feed that until June.. then will switch to the actual Honor finisher for the final push before the fair.He was weighed on December 8th.. 640#.... his yearling wt was 1085.  he is gaining over 3 # a day and I have no clue about carcass stats.....

sjcattleco

No we do not have have that... we have an ultra sound contest.. not sure if we will participate in it this year... As much as I hate to admit it , I think we have a ligitimate shot at winning the show, and if we clip big strips in the steer to do the carcass contest it might blow our shot at the big prize so that decision will be ultimately made at the fair after we find out what he weighs and what class we will fall in and what 3-4 of the other steers do.. I want to do it. infact its my creation but I don't want to mess up a good chance at Grand.... If we would win it that steer might bring $5000- $7000...

red

We have a thing where everyone is able to look at the champion & reserve champions of each species after they are hanging. Really good lesson for the kids & the adults.
Best of luck! Pull out all those rusty hair care tricks!

Red

sjcattleco

Has anyone ever heard of a satisfaction guarentee on a bull??? I am going to offer one on A.M.  trying to work out the details but it looks promising!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.