Bad Weather

Help Support Steer Planet:

justintime

Can you guys send some of that moisture up here? We are so dry that the trees are starting to chase the dogs. As much as I hate muddy pens with baby calves, I would not mind having to bed around the clock to keep them dry. As they say, you need to have enough mud each spring, that you seriously consider selling the cows a frw times.... in order to have good hay and good pasture. Good luch to everyone who is having bad weather right now. Hope you get to see the sun soon..... and hope we quit seeing it soon ... at least for enough time to give us a few inches of rain.

maverick

we had a foot of snow in the last 24 hours - it was cold and windy today.  I will pray for everyone to great through the bad weather safe!

TJ

justintime said:
Can you guys send some of that moisture up here? We are so dry that the trees are starting to chase the dogs. As much as I hate muddy pens with baby calves, I would not mind having to bed around the clock to keep them dry. As they say, you need to have enough mud each spring, that you seriously consider selling the cows a frw times.... in order to have good hay and good pasture. Good luch to everyone who is having bad weather right now. Hope you get to see the sun soon..... and hope we quit seeing it soon ... at least for enough time to give us a few inches of rain.

The storm tonight wasn't too bad... the lightening was pretty vicious for a little bit though.

RE sending moisture...  We had 7 inches right after I got back from Houston & I had almost 3 feet of water in my basement.  We had 4 inches about a week later.  I was told that we've had close to 30 inches this year ALREADY!!  We were in a drought last summer/early fall, but I think it's safe to say that we've broken the drought!!  LOL!! 

showgirl2010

TJ said:
justintime said:

The storm tonight wasn't too bad... the lightening was pretty vicious for a little bit though.

RE sending moisture...  We had 7 inches right after I got back from Houston & I had almost 3 feet of water in my basement.  We had 4 inches about a week later.  I was told that we've had close to 30 inches this year ALREADY!!  We were in a drought last summer/early fall, but I think it's safe to say that we've broken the drought!!  LOL!! 

I just hope we get some rain this summer.  The predictions are that the midwest is suppose to have their drought this year like the south did last year.  I know wasn't last year bad enough?  Guess not, but I pray I am wrong.

Jamie

Cowboy

Out here in SW Neb, started about 2 this morning, rain -- close to 2 inches till about 10, turned to snow -- have close to 4 inches ON the ground now, not counting what has melted all day. It is 34 right now, high of 40 at 2:30 this afternoon.

Of course, we had a flush to do today -- wind was straight aross out of the north east! Soooo -- Iowa, it's heading your way fast -- calling for snow in Minesota tomorrow -- you are right in line - asif you folks need more! Sure been a funny cold spring so far -- I hate it when it's hot out, but am looking forward to some WARM!

Good luck everyone -- looks like the real nasty bad weather is south and east some -- going up thru Kansas and Ok. out into the midwest thru Illinois and Indianna-Ohio next couple days. Keep your chins up and hope for the best!

Terry

Jill

I am SO sick of rain, our pastures are just saturated, the wind is from 23-33 mph, back to freezing tonight and they're is a chance for snow all weekend.  I noticed when they showed on the maps last night up there by where Russ Salton lives they were expecting 12 inches of snow, hopefully you Iowa folks keep it.  Come on spring!

red

my perennials are coming up, I've got spring flowers blooming. I just got a rose bush in the mail. UGH, I hate drastic changes in the weather. Effects my body from head to toe.

Our lots are a sloppy mess. Can't put cows out because the pasture is water logged. JIT, I'd gladly send it your way!

Red

GLZ

15 inches of rain since March 15th.  Not to mention three major snowfalls this winter.  (three major snowfalls is a lot for us).

This is crazy.  If I don't get in to clean barns out soon, cows are going to have to start ducking rafters.  It will be at least a week before I can even consider getting into the lot though.

Will

We have had three flash floods in the last month.  The first one we got 8 inches of rain in four hours.  The second flood a week later we got 3 inches over night.  Wednesday night we got 4.5 inches in about 6 hours.  We live near the creek that is now a river.  We cannot spray or fertilize as the field are way to soft.  I still don't mind the rain because i can remember only two years ago our ponds were dry and we were out of hay.  It is amazing how things can change.

showgirl2010

StillLearning said:
15 inches of rain since March 15th.  Not to mention three major snowfalls this winter.  (three major snowfalls is a lot for us).

This is crazy.  If I don't get in to clean barns out soon, cows are going to have to start ducking rafters.  It will be at least a week before I can even consider getting into the lot though.

Ya I would say we have had about 15 to 17 inches of rain sine the middle of March and two major ice storms and a few major snow storms.  So I am ready for spring, but today is beautiful weather here.  I am getting ready to wash a few bulls.

Jamie

steermomintx

I am new at this so I hope I do it right.

I feel for everyone getting hit by the bad weather, I hope everyone makes it through it fine.

I sure wish we could get some of that moisture in south texas.  We have had maybe 2 inches since November, we are really really dry.  The farmers had to pre-irrigate just to be able to plant crops and the dryland farmers didn't even bother.  Nobody is fertilizing hay fields because of the cost and no rain.  Well again I hope everyone is well and safe!!!! :)

steermomintx

red said:
(welcome) steermomintx !
Thanks I have been reading this board for a while and finally thought I would join.  I like it because everyone seems to get along and help others if they are able.

red

well like any family we have our squabbles. But for them most part do try to work together. I think we try to help even the most novice of people. You can ask really stud question ( which I do) & not be ridiculed.

Also it's probably the only board where you can actually tell where you're from, talk about cattle, see corgis, learn about ET from the best & just get plain silly!

Red

fluffer

red said:
well like any family we have our squabbles. But for them most part do try to work together. I think we try to help even the most novice of people. You can ask really stud question ( which I do) & not be ridiculed.

Also it's probably the only board where you can actually tell where you're from, talk about cattle, see corgis, learn about ET from the best & just get plain silly!

Red

I will second that!  It is easy to get confortable here at SteerPlanet!

steermomintx

Sounds good to me and again I hope everyone stays safe with all the bad weather up north.  When ya'll are having snow and sleet think of me and my son and daughter washing steers and heifers yesterday in 89 degree weather, we were sweating like crazy, but it felt good and the kids had fun.  Maybe it will warm you up!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

kanshow

I'm really getting tired of this rain and mud.  It's also cold here today and the wind just won't give us a break..

Latest posts