Best steakhouses you know!

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

I always enjoy reading Livestock Plus because they have some of the steak/food places he's been to. Some sound really fantastic!  ;D
What are the best steak places have you been to? Not the big chain places like LoneStar or such but real steakhouses!

I loved the steaks at a hole in the place in Danville, IL called Howl at the moon. You get to cook your own on a grill. The garlic toast could also be grilled. There was another place in Crawford, IN but for the life of me I can't remember. I don't like my steaks w/ seasonings, just give me a steak that came from the steer. I also like mine medium rare. Not bloody but pink enough to get juices.

What's your favorite?

Red

RSC

red said:
I always enjoy reading Livestock Plus because they have some of the steak/food places he's been to. Some sound really fantastic!  ;D
What are the best steak places have you been to? Not the big chain places like LoneStar or such but real steakhouses!

I loved the steaks at a hole in the place in Danville, IL. You got to cook your own on a grill. The garlic toast could also be grilled. There was another place in Crawford, IN but for the life of me I can't remember. I don't like my steaks w/ seasonings, just give me a steak that came from the steer. I also like mine medium rare. Not bloody but pink enough to get juices.

What's your favorite?

Red

A few that I like throughought my area!

1. Misty's- Lincoln, NE
2.  Husker Steakhouse- Columbus, NE
3. Butch's-Hershey, NE
4. Uncle Ed's- Was Broken Bow now Grand Island, NE
5.Trapper's- Simpson, KS- Middle of nowhere but been there several times on Cattle and Hunting trips to Kansas.  Love them Sweet Fries.
6. Ole's Big Game Lounge, Paxton, NE

RSC

farmboy

Texas road house. and in town theres a place called "The Ribber" best meat in ohio.... we supply em with their hickory wood to burn lol

Ruchian

McKee Bridge.  Great food. I actually almost never get a steak there but that is because I almost always get prime rib.  I did eat a 2lb steak there once though, that was a lot of beef.  Beef has to be rare, any more than that it might as well be burnt.

Ruchian

Middle of nowhere, Oregon.

It is outside of Ruch, which is outside of Jacksonville, which is outside of Medford.  It is only a couple of miles from the california border, but it isn't on a main road or anything.

shortyjock89

The Nugget in Danville, IL lets you cook your own steaks and garlic bread too.  It's pretty dang good.

The Oasis outside of Penfield IL is really good too. 

Both places are just holes in the wall, but they're both really good.

Ruchian

So, if you are going to cook your own food why do you pay extra to go to a steakhouse when you could just cook at home?

red

Ruchian said:
So, if you are going to cook your own food why do you pay extra to go to a steakhouse when you could just cook at home?

you get the rest of your food served too. It's sort of fun standing there & talking w/ others.

Red

Ruchian

red said:
Ruchian said:

you get the rest of your food served too. It's sort of fun standing there & talking w/ others.

Red

OK, I was wondering if that was the case.

red

One of the things I enjoy also about going to NAILE in louisville is the 5th Quarter. We go there after a big win. When Rosie won we took the entire crew. Great steaks & good salad bar!

Red  (clapping)

Davis Shorthorns

kanshow said:
Puffy's in Maple Hill KS

I second that

Also Alexanders Steak House in Bloomington IL.  It is another one of those cook you own place and you get to pick out your own steak. 

red

I ate another cook your own is Madison, Wisc. Can't remember for the life of me but the steaks were huge!

I thought that New York had some of the worst though. They must really like them aged & I thought one place the meat was almost rotten. Yuck

Red

jimmyski

A few of my favorites. As a judging coach I get the opportunity to travel all of the country and try many different places out. Most of mine still happen to be small town places though.

Big Ed's - Bird City, KS (Small town on HWY 36 between St. Francis and Atwood, KS)
Route 36 Grill & Pub - Idalia, CO (I only get a steak if Bill is cooking, I know the owners) Also on HWY 36 just across the KS border into CO.
The PepperMill - Valentine, NE
Uncle Ed's - Broken Bow, NE (It was better before it moved)

inthebarnagain

red said:
One of the things I enjoy also about going to NAILE in louisville is the 5th Quarter. We go there after a big win. When Rosie won we took the entire crew. Great steaks & good salad bar!

Red  (clapping)

When in Louisville try Pat's Steakhouse, awesome food and they bring big bowls of green beans, etc that you pass around the table family style.

inthebarnagain

I can't believe no one has mentioned the Beef House.  It is on the Indiana Illinois line right on 74.  Absolutely wonderful.