Calf Pictures: Please Share Yours!

Help Support Steer Planet:

CAB

Very nice set of twins Rodeo. What are they out of? Gidget, that Boom Box heifer looks very good. This dial up out here is killing me on the pics. LOL.

justme

Thanks CAB....if we ever dry out (which is actually happening) I'll get more pics.  If Boom Box would quit itching in the tractor ruts, I'd get a picture.  He's covered in mud lol.  Typical bull lol.  Major's just contacted me this morning.  They used him for one service before we got him, and they are keeping several females out of him.  Colleen said they were flat out good heifers.  Kinda makes me feel good that producers like them are keeping heifers out of him.  Granted, I did buy him from them, but heck its still makes me feel good.

showsteer09

3GCC said:
here is a pic of our sunseeker heifer that is 1 week old. although i know its hard to tell being so young, but what do you think of her
She is very nice... big hip and thick also hairy...

Rodeo

CAB said:
  Very nice set of twins Rodeo. What are they out of? Gidget, that Boom Box heifer looks very good. This dial up out here is killing me on the pics. LOL.
Thanks. The dam is AF Fantasy Girl 904, the sire is a Chi-Maine cross (Hot Sauce and Griz).

maverick

We have been calving for about a  month,  finally had some of the AI calves!
The first calf  is a Ali  bull out of a  Ice pick/angus 1st calf heifer     - 5 days old
2nd calf is a Strickly Business heifer X Angus cross cow- 6 days old
3rd calf a Hard Core  bull  X Angus/Sim  cow - 2 days old
The last calf is out of our herd bull and a Angus/sim cow - 4 days old

Attachments

• ali 26.jpg
    ali 26.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 476
  • sb 4.jpg
    sb 4.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 484
  • hard core 26.jpg
    hard core 26.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 490
  • red.jpg
    red.jpg
    266.4 KB · Views: 479

CATTLENUT

Dr. Who on a Heatwave Cow.  And yes, we still have mud in Ohio!!

Attachments

• 100_0057.JPG
    100_0057.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 404
  • 100_0058.JPG
    100_0058.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 408
  • 100_0059.JPG
    100_0059.JPG
    122.6 KB · Views: 405

OH Breeder

CATTLENUT said:
Dr. Who on a Heatwave Cow.  And yes, we still have mud in Ohio!!
[/quote

That calf is going to have some major bone! Stout.

Everyone's calves look to be pretty darn good. (thumbsup)]

CAB

Cattle nut, how old is the Dr. Who in the pics? I saw quite a few Dr.Who's out of heetseeker's this weekend and would have to add a word of caution. That combination seems to result in some LARGE calves, having to pull out of mature cows, not all making it. Your calf looks awesome.

CATTLENUT

CAB said:
Cattle nut, how old is the Dr. Who in the pics? I saw quite a few Dr.Who's out of heetseeker's this weekend and would have to add a word of caution. That combination seems to result in some LARGE calves, having to pull out of mature cows, not all making it. Your calf looks awesome.

calf is 3 weeks old. your right,  he weighed 110, born unassisted. i bought the cow as a bred heifer. Pulled a 97 Hardcore heifer out a month later. Lived for 5 min. Don't think it matters what I breed her to,  she will always have big calves.  She is, however, a beautiful cow with a great personality.  Her only fault is the large birth weights.  She was the first cow I have ever owned, so I will always be partial to her.  (the pictures don't really do the dr. who calf justice!)