Canada Shorthorn People.

Help Support Steer Planet:

Okotoks

justintime said:
frostback said:
justintime said:
Only in Canada?  Pity!

Ha ha that made me laugh out loud. Its kinda a inside Canadian joke, for those that dont get it. It was a tea commercial.

Ding, ding, ding! we have a winner! I should have known frostback would be the first one to get this. It was a TV ad for Red Rose tea, and you have to be a certain age to even remember the ad...... not that you are old frostback  ..... er....  I think I should shut up now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUnbJAWk6gM&feature=player_embedded

frostback

justintime said:
frostback said:
justintime said:
Only in Canada?  Pity!

Ha ha that made me laugh out loud. Its kinda a inside Canadian joke, for those that dont get it. It was a tea commercial.

Ding, ding, ding! we have a winner! I should have known frostback would be the first one to get this. It was a TV ad for Red Rose tea, and you have to be a certain age to even remember the ad...... not that you are old frostback  ..... er....  I think I should shut up now!

So what do I win?  (clapping)

justintime

frostback said:
justintime said:
frostback said:
justintime said:
Only in Canada?  Pity!

Ding, ding, ding! we have a winner! I should have known frostback would be the first one to get this. It was a TV ad for Red Rose tea, and you have to be a certain age to even remember the ad...... not that you are old frostback  ..... er....  I think I should shut up now!

So what do I win?  (clapping)

How about a box of Red Rose tea... or a beer next year in Denver. Your can pick your prize

frostback

If I have a choice believe it or not I would take the box of tea. The stuff down here sucks. A few other things where I like Canadian better is Chocolate bars and Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. My parents keep me in stock of all this on thier way to Az. for the winter. Oh ya and I have been told that the Canadian shorthorns are the best.

scotland

DRB said:
aj said:
His daddy had a 1400# yearling wt. I would be scared of big frames out of this deal without looking at the cattle. jmo

I saw Scotty at Shadybrook, and by no means was he a tall bull, I would say he would be classified more as 'short/small framed' with lots of thickness and muscle (which I'd say is where the weight comes from). 
I bred Scotty's dam, she woudl be a ton cow in a frame 6 , stout with lots of perfomoance, back by some great Nodak Kings Tradition breeding

trevorgreycattleco

frostback said:
If I have a choice believe it or not I would take the box of tea. The stuff down here sucks. A few other things where I like Canadian better is Chocolate bars and Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. My parents keep me in stock of all this on thier way to Az. for the winter. Oh ya and I have been told that the Canadian shorthorns are the best.

Careful frosty, with that last comment, one could assume that as a cheap shot :) You could be starting a mob war (pop)
Wouldnt it be cool if we could all gather somewhere and have some cocktails and have discussions on the shorthorn breed. <beer>

kfacres

trevorgreycattleco said:
frostback said:

Careful frosty, with that last comment, one could assume that as a cheap shot :) You could be starting a mob war (pop)
Wouldnt it be cool if we could all gather somewhere and have some cocktails and have discussions on the shorthorn breed. <beer>

fists would be thrown, and people would cry

cowz

trevorgreycattleco said:
frostback said:

Wouldn't it be fun and cool!?!?    Imagine the open and lively discussions that could be had (without the snarky remarks) if we all had a positive outlook and an open mind?

trevorgreycattleco

truth, when you go into something looking for trouble, you normally find it. I just saying. Instead of seeing who can pee the highest up the tree, we should look at what every breeder has to offer and how their genetics can benefit the whole group. I could use some of the canadian lines as a terminal sire for the end product on the cows I want to create. Everybody is creating their own unique lines in their enviroment. The angus breed right now is so divided and confused. I would love to see the ASA have a golf outing somewhere centrally located. I will set up the teams. AJ and JIT will ride in a cart together.
http://www.youtube.com/user/trevorgreycattleco?feature=mhum#p/u/4/e-SC3bRa_Sk
Thats me about three sheets to the wind last summer lol. Charity golf deal.

Okotoks

JIT it seems only fitting that Frostback's prize should be this Canadian cow Crooked Post Red Rose 11P. I'm sure Frostback would be willing to share embryo rights assuming you can pry her away from Crooked Post! ;D

Here is a photo of Crooked Post Grissom's dam.

CROOKED POST RED ROSE 11P X-[CAN]*13601-

SPRYS STARS AND STRIPES 6 X-[US]3873000-
  WAUKARU S&S BOSTON X-M466329-    
    WCG MINNIE 6123 -[US]*3819653-
  C P BOSTON BODACIOUS 12H X-[CAN]*6512-    
      IWF MAGIC -[US]3920529-
    WAUKARU MINNIE 649 X-*5385-    
    WCG MINNIE 962 X-[US]*3851637-
CROOKED POST RED ROSE 11P  
    GAFA MOCHICAN X-M457263-
    EIONMOR MR GUS 71Z -M461499-    
      EIONMOR KNIGHT'S RUBY 65P -F638260-
  DOWNSVIEW RED ROSE 13E -F666720-    
    DOWNSVIEW HERO'S PRIDE 68W -M458960-
  DOWNSVIEW RED ROSE 13Z -F655984-    
  DOWNSVIEW ROAN ROSE 9R -F641083-

CE+0.6   BW+2.9 WW+35 YW+55 Milk+8

Attachments

• Dam of Crooked Post Grissom and Arbutus.png
    Dam of Crooked Post Grissom and Arbutus.png
    235 KB · Views: 256

Toughie

Hi guys;  I had to reply to this last post.  I really love this cow and it just so happens that we own Red Rose 11P's only daughter.  She is Red Rose 10U, by Waukaru Gold Mine 2109.  She had a Muridale Buster 2nd bull calf who is developing very well.  He is in the bull pen and will be available for sale this spring.  His pedigree suggests that he should work as a heifer bull, however BW 98lbs, unassisted.  WW 720, no creep.  And all this from a first calver that wouldn't weigh 1300 lbs even today.  She is due next week to AC Perfect Storm, exactly one year to the day from when her first calf was born.  She has a perfect udder and milks like crazy.  Solid red, too.

Okotoks

Toughie said:
Hi guys;  I had to reply to this last post.  I really love this cow and it just so happens that we own Red Rose 11P's only daughter.  She is Red Rose 10U, by Waukaru Gold Mine 2109.  She had a Muridale Buster 2nd bull calf who is developing very well.  He is in the bull pen and will be available for sale this spring.  His pedigree suggests that he should work as a heifer bull, however BW 98lbs, unassisted.  WW 720, no creep.  And all this from a first calver that wouldn't weigh 1300 lbs even today.  She is due next week to AC Perfect Storm, exactly one year to the day from when her first calf was born.  She has a perfect udder and milks like crazy.  Solid red, too.
She sounds like she will produce right up there with her dam!
How is the Patent bull calf you got last fall doing?

Toughie

He is dong great.  Growing like a weed and really showing a lot of muscle.  The cow seems to have taken the trip to Canada a little less well.  She milks heavy and went downhill with alll the moves.  She is starting to come back now and may be in calf to Top Shelf before she left Waukaru.  We haven't preg checked her yet, but if she was, she would be due again in August. I should try to post a picture of the calf, if I can figure it out.

scotland

another Canadian Shorthorn family hosting an upcomming bull sale March 22, 2001 at Yorkston Sk. The Benders are 3 generations of breeders. Cattle you can make money with, both the purebred and commerical marketplace. I am please to be one of the sales consultant. You can view their offering at this link;http://www.bendershorthorns.com/sales.html

Superb uddered cow herd that work.
http://www.bendershorthorns.com/sales.html

DRB

scotland said:
DRB said:
aj said:
His daddy had a 1400# yearling wt. I would be scared of big frames out of this deal without looking at the cattle. jmo

I saw Scotty at Shadybrook, and by no means was he a tall bull, I would say he would be classified more as 'short/small framed' with lots of thickness and muscle (which I'd say is where the weight comes from). 
I bred Scotty's dam, she woudl be a ton cow in a frame 6 , stout with lots of perfomoance, back by some great Nodak Kings Tradition breeding

I guess Scotty was a bit taller than I thought, looked him up and they say he is Frame 6.1 so moderate but not small.  The picture in my mind says he is shorter, perhaps he was in the mud ;)  Very thick though, and I'd say the daughters I've seen are moderate and thick too.