COLLEGE FOOTBALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Help Support Steer Planet:

shortdawg

I'll send yours one and we will go to jail together. Of course I could have dressed her in Orange and had all the local DFACS officials at my door the next morning trying to take her out of her misery. ;D

aj

Just to tick my nu buddies I am going to call the big north as follows. Missouri 1st, k-state 2, 2nd, nebraska 3rd. K-state brought in a couple of of o tackles from jucos.  Mr bedore wil be k-states o center. His grandad waldo is one of the toughest men I ever knew. He was a hard working bull of a man. He is a neighbor. Anyway, if kansas states defense can stop the run with their 3-4 defense. Freemans backup is paul  coffmans son. I like him alot also. Paul played with lynn dickkey at k-state and green bay. Pauls other son  is a all american at mu aolso at tight end. Long live k-state and as the ou fans used to say...thank god for momma selmon. Watch the matchup with bedore and nebraska's nosetackle this year. It will be a war. Hopefully they can double team him but jordan bedore will have his hands full. ;D

shortdawg

K-State will get to meet Auburn the first game or so of the season. How do you think that will go ? And back to my original question, who will win it all ?

Doc

shortdawg said:
I'll send yours one and we will go to jail together. Of course I could have dressed her in Orange and had all the local DFACS officials at my door the next morning trying to take her out of her misery. ;D
It's like they say about that Vol orange , we picked that color because,  we wear it thru the week to pick up trash on the side of the road, then to the game on Saturday , then deer hunting on Sunday. ;D

TJ

shortdawg said:
And back to my original question, who will win it all ?

If you are talking National Champs, as bad as I hate to say this, the most likely pick is Southern Cal.  They are loaded & return an insane # of players, & the PAC-10 isn't an overly tough conference.

Although I don't think that they will win it all, I do think that the Big East Champion is the other "most likely" to make the Championship game because that conference is very weak top to bottom. 

My next best bet to make it to the Championship game is the Big 10 Champs.  It's a little stouter conference than the Big East, but much like the Big East, the gap between the top & the  bottom teams is pretty wide. 

LSU will once again probably be one of the most talented, if not "THE" most talented team in the nation, but Miles seems to have trouble "getting it done" & as I stated above, the SEC is going to be absolutely brutal this year.  They may suprise me, but I think it is very likely that they will have 2 or 3 losses at the end of the season & that normally wont get you into the BCS Championship game, especially after they split their 2 games against Kentucky.  ;)  ;D  (clapping) 

LinZ

Weeellllll...I love my college football but with starting college I haven't had time to check all the teams out and such ...I did however get to watch Miami beat the Cheifs by 1 point this evening. I think I'll reserve my thoughts on the national championship hunt till after the first weekend of the season which I hope I'll get to watch and as always....WAR EAGLE!!

Attachments

• n514904027_75621_1771.jpg
    n514904027_75621_1771.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 242

shortdawg

TJ, You make a good point in saying the Big East Champion is most likely to get to the BCS Championship Game b/c their conference is weak top to bottom. That should never happen but it could easily. I'm not knocking the Big East at all but every team should have as equal a chance as the others. I love the bowls and love attending them but I would rather see a playoff where the battle tested teams could prove their worth ON THE FIELD.

xkrushx

Although they have always blown their season vs. ohio state and bowl games, Michigan is the one to look for this year... Experience is key in college football. No team will be able to stop Michigan's EXPERIENCED offensive trio... Chad Henne, Mike Hart, and Mario Manningham... With 8 returnees on defense and the MOST TALENTED offense in all of college football, need there even be a conversation of who the National Champs will be?

I will agree that the sec is the toughest conference in college football

However, HAIL TO THE VICTORS BABY!!!

CCCattleco5

O ya I love Saturdays mornings under the Magnolias and afternoons Between the Hedges seein a sea of Red and black knowin nothin gunna get past us then before the game hearin that battle hymn and larry munsen commentary. But the best is hearin the crowd scream for our home DAWGS and hearin the bell ring throughout the campus after the game. I love it. this year UGA will begin their settin up for a national championship in 2 or 3 years. I dont see any reason for us not to go undefeated, it will be hard but it is possible. I read article today in the AJC talkin bout how muhammad Massuquoi has been workin real hard over the summer to get better and has forgotten last season. But i am worried bout our defense, supposedly at pratice we have been havin toruble wrappin up and make the tackle. I think all it will take is a player we havent faced before to cure that problem.GO DAWGS SIC'EM  WOOF WOOF WOOF

GLORY GLORY TO OLE GEORGIA

shortdawg

My blood is red and I love the DAWGS but, I think we are a year or two away. The National Champion will from the SEC and will be LSU.

Show Heifer

GO HAWKEYES!!!!  After a disappointing year last year, we are ready to kick some butt! If anyone can do it, my man Kirk Ferenz can!!!! And if we could get the officials at the bowl games to realize that football in the big ten is rough, and they quit calling weeny fouls, the big ten would do better at those games!!!!
I mean come on, Iowa WON that game until the officals took it from them and GAVE it to USC......even the head of the officials admitted it was nothing short of a "give-me" !!!!

GO HAWKEYES!!!! And go whoever plays Iowa State!!!! (Gee nothing mean about me huh????) ;D

TJ

xkrushx said:
Although they have always blown their season vs. ohio state and bowl games, Michigan is the one to look for this year... Experience is key in college football. No team will be able to stop Michigan's EXPERIENCED offensive trio... Chad Henne, Mike Hart, and Mario Manningham... With 8 returnees on defense and the MOST TALENTED offense in all of college football, need there even be a conversation of who the National Champs will be?

I will agree that the sec is the toughest conference in college football

However, HAIL TO THE VICTORS BABY!!!

I agree that Michigan is talented, BUT... let's see what that offense would do against Glen Dorsey & the rest of the LSU defense!! 

Also, I am not so sure that the 2 teams that reside in the state of Kentucky might not be "more talented on offense" than Michigan & I know that I would certainly rather have either of their QB's over Henne.   

I'll take Kentucky's trio of Andre Woodson (31 TD's, 7 int's & 3500+ yards... 1st team pre-season AA selection at QB by ESPN.COM), Keenan Burton (70+ Receptions 1000+ yards 13 total TD's/24+ yard KOR avg) & Raphel Little (5th in the NCAA in all purpose yards as a Soph & at one point was actually ahead of Reggie Bush, when he was 100% healthy back in 2005) over Mich's trio everyday of the week & twice on Sundays.  And those are by no means all the weapons KY can unleash... this is by far the deepest, most experienced, most talented, most balanced KY offense that I've ever seen.  If the o-line improves as much as I think they have, KY's offense is going to absolutely shock quite a few people this year.  It remains to be seen if they are indeed "the best", but just based on the amount of weapons & NFL talent at the skill positions, they can make a very strong case for "most talented offense".   

RE Louisville, I am not going to mention all of UL's weapons, but they are absolutely loaded too.  They might not have a super stud RB this year, but they have some pretty good ones.  However, the rest of their offensive unit will feature several future 1st & 2nd rounders, including heisman candidate Brian Brohm at QB & possibly the best kicker in college football.  I have a strong dis-like for Lousiville's football team, but I will not deny that they are potentially in the running for the title of "most talented offense."

And while you are talking up Mich as the National Champs, need I remind you that Southern Cal, who actually beat Mich pretty good last year, returns an INSANE # of players... many more than Mich does.   Other than LSU, USC is probably the most talented team overall in America, IMHO.  Mich might win the National Championship, but the odds are heavily stacked against them, IMHO. 

TJ

I found this pre-season heisman poll.  SEC currently has the top 2 players... Arkansas's McFadden & Kentucky's Woodson.  Big East has #3 & #4 in Lousiville's Brohm & West Virginia's Slaton.   Over 95,000 votes placed so far & the results are interesting to say the least. 

Oops!  I forgot to post the link...

http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/rank?versionId=1&listId=19#topOfList

shortdawg

I'm a DAWG fan but Brodie Croyle is a warrior who I would want fighting for me. He is a good QB who should do well in the NFL.

jason

shortdawg said:
I'm a DAWG fan but Brodie Croyle is a warrior who I would want fighting for me. He is a good QB who should do well in the NFL.

Good to hear, didn't follow the SEC when he played.  It looks like he is going to be the starter for the Chiefs so hopefully it works out.

DL

shortdawg said:
My blood is red and I love the DAWGS but, I think we are a year or two away. The National Champion will from the SEC and will be LSU.

shortdawg - did you name yourself after the shortlegged dog of your football team? DL (a little slow on the uptake sometimes :):
certainly better than being a wolverine or a badger  (lol) (lol)
Go dawgs! (ps hockey is only 2 months away) -

TJ

Jason said:
Is there any BAMA fans on here?  I got a question about the Chiefs new qb, Brodie Croyle.

I think he was the top rated QB coming out of HS in his class. Brodie hurt his knee pretty badly either his SR year of HS or early on in college.  Although he never totally lived up to the all the hype, he's a pretty good QB all the way around & I think he's an even better person.  I can't remember exactly, but I think his parents are foster parents to quite a few kids (Brodie is actually their child) & they raise them in a Christian enviornment.  Pretty sure that his dad played football for the Bear @ Bama. 

TJ

TJ said:
I found this pre-season heisman poll.  SEC currently has the top 2 players... Arkansas's McFadden & Kentucky's Woodson.  Big East has #3 & #4 in Lousiville's Brohm & West Virginia's Slaton.   Over 95,000 votes placed so far & the results are interesting to say the least. 

Oops!  I forgot to post the link...

http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/rank?versionId=1&listId=19#topOfList

In ESPN.COM's pre-season heisman poll, Kentucky's Andre Woodson is currently #1!!  Arkansas's McFadden is currently #2 & trails Woodson by 50,000 votes.  Out of the 13 players in the poll, these are the only 2 SEC players & both are ranked at the top.  Here is the link...

Latest posts