COLLEGE FOOTBALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Help Support Steer Planet:

jason

K-STATE at Auburn - Sat. Night

I don't think the wildcats are going to win, but I hope they at least show up.

red

(lol)

Oh what happened to the Wolverines? Hate to say this but sure made my day!

GO BUCKS!!!!!

Red

DL

Jason said:
Hope we don't have any Michigan fans on here.  ::) ::)
Does my heart good to see the maize and blue kinda squished by WHO?? tell me who trounced them again....

ps for shortdawg - GO DAWGS!

LinZ

Phewwww... K State showed up ..that's for sure..or maybe it was way more on the fact Auburn didn't show up but at least we pulled it out with 2 back to back touchdowns and an interception to finish it. What happened to Michigan? Everyone else in the top rankings won their game....    Notre Dame lost big..........realllly bigggg.

WAR EAGLE!

LinZ

shortdawg

We were at a show ( won two classes & had 4th and a 6th ) so I didn't get to see the first half of the Dawgs/Cowboys on TV. They looked pretty good in the second half. Those guys from Appalachian State went to " The Big House " to play ball. I'm not so sure it was a fluke ; those guys looked like a well oiled machine. K-State and Auburn was a barn burner too. K-State probably should've won. We get the " Old Ball Coach " next week with his Gamecocks, that will be interesting.

TJ

shortdawg said:
We were at a show ( won two classes & had 4th and a 6th ) so I didn't get to see the first half of the Dawgs/Cowboys on TV. They looked pretty good in the second half. Those guys from Appalachian State went to " The Big House " to play ball. I'm not so sure it was a fluke ; those guys looked like a well oiled machine. K-State and Auburn was a barn burner too. K-State probably should've won. We get the " Old Ball Coach " next week with his Gamecocks, that will be interesting.

FWIW, I call em like I see them & unless South Carolina makes huge strides this week, I think that UGA should win by 2-3 TD's or so.    ;) 

Agree about Appalachian State & I also don't think that Michigan is quite as good as they were hyped. 

Agree that K-State probably should have won.  Auburn has a tough defense like they always have, BUT they need a new offensive corodinator, IMHO.  Auburn's got too much talent & hasn't been getting the most of it on the offensive side of the ball either last year or in the opener this year. 

DL

Remember Gonzaga (yeah I know - different sport) the guys from Appalachia State could be the next Cinderella team - U of M ALWAYS thinks they are special - the hype is almost as bad as some of the cattle sales! ;D ;D

TJ

Also, I am proud of the KY Wildcats!!  Although they looked a bit rusty at times, they totally dominated a pretty decent D1-AA Eastern Kentucky squad & the running game looked downright awesome with the top 3 RB's combining for 28 carries, 250 yards & 4 TD's!!  

Here is were Kentucky currently ranks in the NCAA...

*Total Offense (10th)  568 yards
*Rushing Offense (14th): 288 yards
*Passing Offense (26th): 280 yards
*Scoring Offense (14th): 50 points

*Total Defense (18th): 202 yards
*Rushing Defense (60th): 130 yards
*Pass Defense (5th): 72 yards
*Scoring Defense (28th): 10 points
*3rd down Defense (6th): 14.3% 3rd converstions allowed

Yes, I know it was against a D1-AA opponent, but Florida, Louisville, Michigan, and several other teams played D1-AA opponents too!  Also, a good shunk of Eastern's yardage came against the 2nd & 3rd string of UK, while Eastern was still playing their 1's.  I'm pretty excited!!  Next up, Kent State, a team that beat Iowa State in their opener.

Show Heifer

Are you implying that Iowa State stinks TJ?????? If you are, I agree!!!! ;D

Go Iowa Hawks!! In Kirk I trust!!! (clapping) (clapping)

gatorbait

Got wet in the swamp sure wanted to see more from the secondary that 8+ minutes of game time lost would have been good experience for them. Uf's offense could've hung 2more TD on um easy so were good there. rooted for Tenn but it was not to be. also Michigan haha ;D

TJ

Show Heifer said:
Are you implying that Iowa State stinks TJ?????? If you are, I agree!!!! ;D

Go Iowa Hawks!! In Kirk I trust!!! (clapping) (clapping)

I think it's safe to say that Iowa State isn't going to be a overly good this year.  ;)  But, I also think that Kent State is better than many expect & they should do really well in their conference. 

TJ

gatorbait said:
Got wet in the swamp sure wanted to see more from the secondary that 8+ minutes of game time lost would have been good experience for them. Uf's offense could've hung 2more TD on um easy so were good there. rooted for Tenn but it was not to be. also Michigan haha ;D

SEC school or not, UT is one team that I simply can not root for... period.  I actually thought that Cal would beat them like a drum & I was kinda suprised that UT kept it as close as they did. 

Speaking of UT, has anyone heard the staus of their injured DE?  As much as I like college football, I absolutely hate watching serious injuries happen & I hope that kid is OK!!  It was encouraging to see him moving his hand as he was carted off the field... because I hadn't seen him move prior to that.  Even though I am not a UT fan, I sincerely hope that kid makes a quick & complete recovery!!   

rtnok

Hey shortdawg you were right the dawgs are off to a good start. Them cowboys aren't nearly as good as the thought. The dawgs looked really good .  Long time sooner fan Roni

knabe

i have never had cable in my life, but after watching the cal-tennessee game, i may have to, HD at that.  the vol o-line was so huge compared to cal, it's a wonder T passed at all.  their run game could not be stopped.  the HD was neat in that everytime T passed, cal dropped 7 guys DARING them to pass.  HD allowed you a view other than the typical zoom in on the ball so you can't see the play develope.  network tv should do the opposite, zoom out when the play starts, and then zoom in IF warranted on the replay.  typical how the better choice is relegated to groupthink.

CCCattleco5

How bout dem DAWGS. I knew Knowshan Marno or however u spell it was gunna be a  big help after watching the spring game. Sean Bailey back is a whole lot of help in the WR core and the defense looks as good as UGA defense ever has looked wouldnt know it was 8 new starters and hats off to our new secondary holding bowman down and Kelin JOHNSON is back o ya

stick

(clapping) (clapping) (clapping)  DISH Network agreed to show the Big 10 Network. Can hardly control myself. Go Hawkeyes.

red

Oh my! Michigan lost again! OHIO STATE won! but did allow too many turnovers.
Go Bucks!!!

Red