COLLEGE FOOTBALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Help Support Steer Planet:

TJ

shortdawg said:
I like both players but I think McFadden will win it if he stays healthy.

I like both players too, BUT, I will be suprised if McFadden actually wins the heisman this year. 

McFadden, may be the "most talented player in America" & he has the pre-season pub, but I think that the Razorbacks are going to be even more 1 dimensional than they were last year & we saw what they did in the SEC Championship game against FL.  With Mustain & the other Springfield kids transferring to other schools & now that Monk is out for the 1st several games, teams will be able to cheat up & load the box with 8 players, so I expect Arkansas to look a whole lot like they did against FL.  And as you already know, they SEC is full of teams with dominating defenses, like LSU, that could potentially shut McFadden down completely, especially if Arkansas is indeed one dimensional & if they can key on him.  Sure McFadden will get some yards, but I don't think that they will be quite the "eye popping" numbers that many expect.  I also don't think that Arkansas win as many games as they won in 2006 & the Heisman usually comes from a team with at least 9 wins.         

I actually think that Woodson has a better chance than McFadden, but in order for him to do that, KY is probably going to have to be 5-1 or 6-0 going into the LSU game (which I think is going to very tough, but doable... 3 cupcakes & then win 2 out of 3 against Louisville, South Carolina & Arkansas).
Before people start chuckling, KY finished the season 5-1 with wins over Georgia & Clemson & their only loss was to Tenneessee by 5 points in a VERY close game.  KY returns more key talent than any of those teams return, so it is certainly do-able for them to start this season 5-1 or 6-0.  Anyway, if that happens, the LSU / UK game will be in the national spot light on prime time TV, in a game that could feature the SEC's top offense verses the SEC's top defense.  IF, and this is a big IF... IF Woodson can put up some good numbers against LSU, in front of a national TV audience, even if KY still loses, I have little to no doubt that he would easily be the favorite for heisman at that point.  Of course, he would then have to put up good numbers against Florida, Georgia, UT, Miss State & Vandy, so like I said, it's possible, but that is not going to be an easy task. 

Also, unlike McFadden's Arkansas team, Kentucky is going to be very balanced on offense & harder to stop.  KY has a legit "homerun threat" running back, in Raphel Little, who was #5 in the country in all purpose yards & was a 1000 yard rusher, as a healthy soph, 2 years ago.  Now, I'm not going to say that KY's offense can't be stopped, but they have several capable weapons at every skill position & if everyone stays heathly, they will give defenses head-aches all year long.  The biggest factor is going to be how much the o-line has improved.  If it's improved as much as the KY coaches claim... watch out America!!  If it's not, then Kentucky's offense will have it's ups & downs, but they still should be improved over last year.     

With all that said, I would not be suprised if Colt Breenan or Ian Johnson wins it this year & truthfully, they probably have the best chances of anybody, IMHO.     

shortdawg

We are all speculating but, one thing is for sure, it will be FUN watching it all unfold. Go Dawgs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stick

Show Heifer,
How "bout them Hawks.(if I can borrow a line from Hayden) You wouldn't happen to have a credit card I could borrow would you? I'm just a poor, exploited, major college football player who is handed everything while most students have to take loans up the ying yang for school. (Oops, ranting again. Think those 2 idiots touched a nerve?) 

PS  Pop Quiz for My Space and Facebook users: How is a tatoo and the internet alike?  They are both forever  ;D ;D ;D

rtnok

Hey Shortdawg  the cowboys are a coming sat. better hope they don't rope and brand that old doggie between the bushes.  lol lol lol roni

shortdawg

It's  " Between the Hedges" up in Athens with 92746 of your closest friends cheering for the RED & BLACK. I think we've lost one non-conference game in the Mark Richt era. However they play better on the road than they do at home. I think it will be a good game - UGA 31-20. I pull for those OK teams when unless they play the DAWGS. Do you remember Stoops came from the SEC.

TJ

bluegrass said:
You tell em TJ,  We will bleed blue til the end.

I always bleed blue, but I honestly think that this is going to be a special year for Kentucky!!

Speaking of the Big Blue, wont it be FUN IF Kentucky, South Carolina & Vanderbilt end up 1, 2 & 3 in the SEC East?  ;)   (clapping)

stick

the Stoops came from Iowa U via Ohio if I remember right. Lots of Haydens former players coaching now

rtnok

HEY , Shortdawg I just used the bushes to get your attention. My favorite teams in the sec are the dawgs and tenn. roni

TJ

shortdawg said:
??? ;D (dog)

Of course, I am just trying to have some fun with you Shortdawg,  ;)  ;D  (clapping), especially since we beat UGA last year.   ;)  ;D  (clapping) 

BUT...

Even though it isn't likely that all 3 of those teams will finish in the top 3, those 3 teams do indeed return more key players than the other 3 teams in the SEC East.  If you are fan of UF, UGA or UT, that fact should be enough of a reason to at least cause some nervousness.  And I am nervous about having to play UGA this year in down in between the hedges after beating them at home last year, but we will have a MUCH better team, so I am not about to write off as a loss either!!  One thing about it, the next 3-4 weeks will be very telling.  I have an idea of what I think might happen, but what I think & what actually happens are 2 entirely different things & that is why the game is so much fun to watch!   Personally, I can't wait for the season to get started!!   

gatorbait

Go Gators!!! that being said I predict that uf will win the east in a not so stunning way with many a close game losing to a undefeated Lsu during the regular season only to squeeze by #2 ranked LSu in the Sec Championship and .... I dare not saymore :) 

TJ

gatorbait said:
Go Gators!!! that being said I predict that uf will win the east in a not so stunning way with many a close game losing to a undefeated Lsu during the regular season only to squeeze by #2 ranked LSu in the Sec Championship and .... I dare not saymore :)   

Might happen.  6 teams make up the SEC East & I think that 5 of them have a legit shot at winning it.  And the other team isn't going to be chopped liver.  It will be interesting to say the least.   

jason

gatorbait said:

LSU hasn't look real hot on offense, but they are getting the job done.  Defense looks legit.

shortdawg

TJ, I'm just having fun ! I don't like too much of the smack talking between fans but I like to see it on the field. Do I think those teams will finnish 1,2,3 ? No . Do I think they could beat UGA on a given day ? Yes, two of them did last year. Like I said before, the East is wide open and I mean WIDE OPEN. Stick, I thought Bob Stoops was a former coordinator for the gators or was it another Stoops.

rtnok

Yes stoops came to ok fom uf . before then he was at kansas state and he played ball at u of iowa.  roni

gatorbait

LSU hasn't look real hot on offense, but they are getting the job done.  Defense looks legit.
[/quote]
Yea Lsu first half offense sputtered but once the line coach chews them out for all the false starts and holding they should turn it around not as intimidated as I was though :-\