COLLEGE FOOTBALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Help Support Steer Planet:

shortdawg

Football season is approaching fast so, who is going to win it all ??? I think my DAWGS will play on New Years Day but I don't think they are Nat'l Title material YET ! OK State will be a big test for them right out of the gate and then South Carolina the next weekend with the OLE BALL COACH :p. I think USC will once again be in the hunt, LSU could make some noise, Florida will have to prove to me they can win with Teebo throwing instead of running, Oklahoma is almost always a factor, the Big Ten will have a couple in the hunt, Boise State proved they could win a big one, and there will always be some team no one thought would be there in the hunt.

shortdawg

I left them out on purpose so I would be sure to get at least one reply  ;D. The Vowels will be in the hunt in the SEC East as usual.

SKF

The GATORS will be the Champs again!!!! Go GATORS (clapping)

shortdawg

I was waiting to hear from you too ! We both love cattle, but we both don't love the Gators. Teebo can't run up the middle all year in the SEC. They will be good as usual but not Nat'l Champs. They will be bowling in Tampa at the Outback.

shorthorns r us

shortdawg said:
Football season is approaching fast so, who is going to win it all ??? I think my DAWGS will play on New Years Day but I don't think they are Nat'l Title material YET ! OK State will be a big test for them right out of the gate and then South Carolina the next weekend with the OLE BALL COACH :p. I think USC will once again be in the hunt, LSU could make some noise, Florida will have to prove to me they can win with Teebo throwing instead of running, Oklahoma is almost always a factor, the Big Ten will have a couple in the hunt, Boise State proved they could win a big one, and there will always be some team no one thought would be there in the hunt.

How is the secondary between the hedges this year?  Improved quarterback throwing to great wide outs and a decent running attack will make for piles of points from the pokes.  As usual, they will need all those points with a traditionally soft defense.  The score will probably be about 45 - 42.  Hopefully that FG will come from the pokes!

red

After last year's bowl game I'm amost afraid to watch anymore.
Oh well, GO BUCKS!!!

mascot_osu.jpg

DL

shortdawg - I am not a real big college football fan, but I'll cheer for your dawgs (guess that should be DAWGS) if you cheer for the Sabres.....GO SABRES ;D ;D ;D

garybob

;DWWWWoooooooooooo Pig!  Sooeeeeeyyy!!

RAZORBACKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gottta call the hogs, man!

chambero

A&M has a real quarterback, so they ought to be a lot better.  Of course I don't know how they've been as bad as they have the past few years.

Texas will probably be our state's best hope again though.  TCU is always underated though.

I can't stand any teams from Florida (with the possible exception of Miami somtimes just because they are relocated Texans) or CA. 

If Texas teams can't get it done, I usually am rooting for OU or LSU.

TJ

chambero said:
A&M has a real quarterback, so they ought to be a lot better.  Of course I don't know how they've been as bad as they have the past few years.

Texas will probably be our state's best hope again though.  TCU is always underated though.

I can't stand any teams from Florida (with the possible exception of Miami somtimes just because they are relocated Texans) or CA. 

If Texas teams can't get it done, I usually am rooting for OU or LSU.

Looks like several SEC fans on this board & several SEC East fans in particular.  (clapping)  Without a doubt the SEC East is the toughest division in all of college football & that will not be more true than it will be this year.  The funny thing is that I think it is wide open & I also think the East Champ may have at least 2 or 3 losses due to the competition that they will face we in & week out.  Vandy isn't going to be a cream puff & they are capable of upsetting a few top tier SEC teams.  South Carolina & Kentucky are going to be much improved, also.  It's going to be a wild year in the SEC East, IMHO! 

With that said... laugh if you want, but I'm backing the Kentucky Wildcats & if they can overcome a few key injuries that they have suffered so far during fall camp, they could legitimately be one of the contenders for the conference title.  UK returns an unbelievable amount of players from last years squad that ended up winning 5 of it's last 6 games to end the season & they beat 3 bowl teams last year. 

KY just lost a potential starting DE for the season, but they still return 18 of the top 22 kids from last years mostly FR & Soph dominated defensive unit.  They are bigger, stronger & faster than any KY defense than I can ever recall & they LOVE 2 HIT!!!!  This KY defense probably wont be among the SEC elite, but they will be MUCH improved & I think that they will really suprise some people.  In the last half of the season, they held Georgia to 20 points, they held Tenneessee to 17 points & they held Clemson to 20 points. 

The KY offense on the other hand, is absolutely loaded & in the words of UT Coach, Phil Fulmer, it features "the best group of backs & receivers" in the SEC.  That group includes ESPN.COM 1st team All-American Quarteback, Andre Woodson, along with 2nd team All-SEC WR (Should be 1st team!!), Keenan Burton 70+ receptions, 1000 yards recieving, 13 TD's & a 24+ yard kick off return average, RB, Raphel Little (1000 yards rushing 2 years ago & a 20+ punt return avg. last year despite playing on an injured knee), 1st team All-SEC TE, Jacob Tamme & a host of other talented WR's & backs.  The O-line is somewhat of a question mark experience wise, but 5 returning O-linemen started at some point last year & while this group may be lacking a little in experience, it is a more athletic group as a whole & it has more talent than last years bunch too. 

In the words of TV analyst Trev Alberts, "Kentucky would win the Big 12 North this year." 

BTW, here is a link talking about the top 5 teams in the SEC EAST this year & how tough that division really is...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=KHQwj-RZm1U&mode=user&search=

shortdawg

Thanks for all the input. The SEC East is definitely one of the toughest in football. Anyone could beat anyone on any given Saturday. Our defense and secondary in particular will be fine. They are fast and speed can account for a lot of mistakes. SRU, if your team can score 30 points they will be in the game ; if they don't it will be a long flight back. That seems to be the magic number for Georgia. I honestly can't say who will play in the SEC Championship in Dec. It's really that wide open. The SEC Champ could very well have at least 2-3 losses. DL, Thanks for the support and I'll be a Sabres fan just for you. Garybob, I absolutely love McFadden. He is one of the best I've ever seen.

Attachments

• new file to be partially deleted 069.jpg
    new file to be partially deleted 069.jpg
    527.7 KB · Views: 631

shortdawg

I forgot to add a caption. This is me and my daughter at the UGA/Colorado game last year. We start them young down here. ;D

Doc

shortdawg said:
I forgot to add a caption. This is me and my daughter at the UGA/Colorado game last year. We start them young down here. ;D
Shortdawg, Making a cute little girl like your dtr. wear something with a "G" on it could be looked upon as a form of child abuse. ;)