College Football

Help Support Steer Planet:

BIGTEX

College football is getting good. It is like Super Bowl Saturday for the last 3 weeks. One more top ten next week and that will make 4 in a row against Top Ten. HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!! Texas Tech has their best team in years, going to be a good one in Lubbock next week. Georgia looks really good, they still have the SEC Championship Game, which is always tough.

aj

This is great stuff. The south is so tough.Could Texas and Oklahoma play in championship game?

BIGTEX

USC always seem to take it away from someone more deserving. It looks like it could happen again. Georgia if they win out comes to mind.

F5CHASER

aj said:
This is great stuff. The south is so tough.Could Texas and Oklahoma play in championship game?
Impossible for Texas and Oklahoma to play in BCS Championship game.  A rule put in place a few years back after OU lost the Big 12 Championship game and still played for the National Championship hacked a bunch of folks off.  So long story short you have to win your conference in order to have a BCS Championship berth.

Besides as much as I like OU they will have 2 more losses Tech and OSU so it will be a mute point anyway. <party>

AAOK

F5CHASER said:
aj said:
Impossible for Texas and Oklahoma to play in BCS Championship game.  A rule put in place a few years back after OU lost the Big 12 Championship game and still played for the National Championship hacked a bunch of folks off.  So long story short you have to win your conference in order to have a BCS Championship berth.

Besides as much as I like OU they will have 2 more losses Tech and OSU so it will be a mute point anyway. <party>

According to the BCS Hotline, a team does NOT have to win their conference to be eligible for the BCS Championship game.  There is however a rule which states that a conference can NOT have more than two teams in the BCS bowl games.

herfchic

Illinois got beat up at Wisconsin this week, so I am just hoping for a bowl game.  The Big 12 and SEC are both great conferences this year.  I personally think that the winners of those two conferences should face off in the BCS title game.  I am hoping for a Texas vs. Georgia match up.  USC and the Big Ten winner just need to go and play in the Rose Bowl.    Who ever ends up in the title game, I just want it to be a game, not another blow out.

shortdawg

Saturday Coach Richt improved to 28-4 in opponents stadiums, that's impressive. Our season really comes down to the game with Florida. If we don't win that game we have no shot at the SEC or Nat'l Championship Games. If we win out against Florida, Kentucky, Auburn, GA Tech, and beat Alabama in the SEC Championship Game we should have a spot against Texas in the BCS Championship Game. Colt McCoy vs. Matthew Stafford would be something to watch for sure!!!!!!!!! (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog)

furinsilex

Im definitly still hopin for a MIZZOU win in the Big 12 but its going to be tough. I think we can beat any team in the conference but we have to play extremly well. Texas flat put it to us last time, if we play a better game where our offense (who i still think is best in the counrty) comes to play.

bcosu

looks like it will be a usc osu rematch in the rose bowl. i doubt penn state loses with their remaining schedule and no one is going to say no to any joe paterno team that beat ohio state for the first time in 30 yrs at the shoe. texas and penn state will play in the national championship game and penn state will play the best defense against colt mccoy yet. i still don't know who to pick as the winner but it will be close. my first instinct is to say texas because their defense is good enough to stop penn state one more time than penn state will stop texas.

knabe

georgia look like men.  though i gotta say, that running back from lsu, i think scott is his name, will be a force in the pros.  he is a total wrecking ball.  anyone know why he's not in there more?  can he block?

rex

furinsilex said:
Im definitly still hopin for a MIZZOU win in the Big 12 but its going to be tough. I think we can beat any team in the conference but we have to play extremly well. Texas flat put it to us last time, if we play a better game where our offense (who i still think is best in the counrty) comes to play.

well they can probably win the big 12 north, so they will get another shot at texas.  I think they are out of national title hopes now. My team is the cornhuskers and you guys routed us.

linnettejane

ok, so our season hasnt quite gone like i had hoped...but i can live with 5-2 and LOVE coach stew (even though he has a few bugs to work out)....but the best part about the whole season is........................................................

MICHIGAN STINKS!  "fraud"rigaz strikes again!!! 

(nothing personal against the kids on the team or the fans)

sorry....i just had to say it....

dori36

linnettejane said:
ok, so our season hasnt quite gone like i had hoped...but i can live with 5-2 and LOVE coach stew (even though he has a few bugs to work out)....but the best part about the whole season is........................................................

MICHIGAN STINKS!  "fraud"rigaz strikes again!!! 

(nothing personal against the kids on the team or the fans)

sorry....i just had to say it....

And as an MSU fan/alum, I'm loving the stumbling Wolverines!  Don't want to speak too soon, but it looks like D'antonio might finally bring some credibility back to East Lansing!

OLD WORLD SHORTIE

All i gotta say is Mike Sherman is going to make the Big 12 pay. Texas A&M Football RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAOK

Call the BIG 12 the Quarterback Conference, but call Oklahoma the Quarterback State! 
Oklahoma’s Sam Bradford, Oklahoma State’s Zac Robinson and Tulsa’s David Johnson were named semifinalists for The Davey O’Brien National Quarterback Award, which honors the nation’s best college football quarterback.
Only 13 quarterbacks made the cut for the award, 6 of those in the Big 12 Conference.  Three finalists will be named during the Dec. 11 Home Depot ESPNU College Football Awards Show.
Johnson, whose Golden Hurricane is 8-0, leads the nation in passing efficiency with 2,397 yards and 31 touchdowns.
Bradford is third in passing efficiency, having tossed for 2,775 yards and 29 touchdowns.
Robinson is fourth in efficiency, with 1,687 yards and 15 touchdowns.

AAOK

OLD WORLD SHORTIE said:
You mean the Universities of Texas at Oklamhoma

Well, let's see.  Bradford is from Oklahoma, Robinson is from Colorado, and Johnson is from Oregon.

This is as close as I could get to burnt orange.

jason

I would like to see the matchup of Texas vs. Georgia too.  Penn State wants me to believe, but after Ohio State has got their buts handed to them in the NC game, I don't think I could vote for another big ten team this year.

The big 12 south has been just dominating.