Display bulls question

Help Support Steer Planet:

harley

zach said:
if someones gonna make a buck on MY NAME i want a peice too.  i dont blame them

Seriously?  You buy your semen because of the bulls name?  I personally don't see where they could prove you profited in semen sales by using their famous name.  You might remember the bulls name more easily, but I wouldn't buy based on his name. 

farmboy

you get my point
harley said:
zach said:

Seriously?  You buy your semen because of the bulls name?  I personally don't see where they could prove you profited in semen sales by using their famous name.  You might remember the bulls name more easily, but I wouldn't buy based on his name. 

it dosnt matter if they buy it because of the name or not, its still your name, trademark etc etc

CJC

I don't by semen because of the bulls name. If there are people out there that do that; I bet they have a poor looking cow herd.

CJC

zach said:
you get my point
harley said:
zach said:

it dosnt matter if they buy it because of the name or not, its still your name, trademark etc etc

If this was true ( like in some little foreign country call America). The amount of money that you would get off of semen sales for using your name would be so small that it wouldn't be worth jacking with. You would lose more money having a attorney mess with it than what is worth. How could you prove how much semen was bought and sold under that name.   

farmboy

i see where your coming from.... they could probably look at the collection facilites sales records and go off that, not that any of it matters though

OH Breeder

CJC said:
zach said:
you get my point
harley said:
zach said:

If this was true ( like in some little foreign country call America). The amount of money that you would get off of semen sales for using your name would be so small that it wouldn't be worth jacking with. You would lose more money having a attorney mess with it than what is worth. How could you prove how much semen was bought and sold under that name.     

I am not a patent attorney, but, it has to do with the trademark. The right marketer would say that the general public remembered the bull because of the name, advertising etc. That is not hard to prove at all. Leave to the right attorney and they could make a case. I am not saying it is right. But think for a moment, if you they marketed a bull with your name. Would you want compensation for using your name? How many nike commercials use sports figures to sell their product. do they sell more because Michael Jordan wears or markets them, no, you remember Michael Jordan when you go to purchase. That is basically what it boils down too. I am not sure that Tiger Woods is reading show circuit, but with his money and stuff he has marketed, I would not want to cross that line.

TJ

I agree RE using someones real name or the name of a group, etc. or using a real similar logo, etc. could get you in trouble, but I don't think using the name of a song will ever be much of an issue, unless you also use lyrics in an Ad or something like that.