Do you have Dial-Up or High-Speed Internet?

Help Support Steer Planet:

jason

We are designing lots of cool new stuff for the site and I would like to get an idea of what everyone is using.  It makes a difference on what we roll out in the future.

Thanks    ;)
Jason

genes

I'm on high speed (how would I live otherwise, all internet addicted and all  :D)

red

shortdawg said:
I'm still on dial - up but will be on high-speed soon.

Shortdawg, you'll love it! "justme" & I watched the IA Maine sale yesterday. We IM each other comments. It was fun! Plus I can pull up pictures so much quicker.
I'm spoiled already & I haven't had mine a week.
Red

shortdawg

They put all the infrastructure in last summer but they haven't turned us on yet. It amazes me how much faster it is.

calfman

This site runs very fast considering I'm a dial-upper. Some other boards I cruise don't run very fast!  (lol)

DL

dial up - little chance of high speed in the near future - but agree site wroks pretty darn fast compared to others..and we have fun...and we are nice people - how cool is that!? (we do need a bee cow icon - like the Holstein, but...... (cow) (cow) (cow)

red

dragon lady said:
dial up - little chance of high speed in the near future - but agree site wroks pretty darn fast compared to others..and we have fun...and we are nice people - how cool is that!? (we do need a bee cow icon - like the Holstein, but...... (cow) (cow) (cow)

still working on the beef cow smilie DL. It is almost impossible to find a non-holstein cow.
Red

red

I didn't realize how much I was missing out until I finally got the high speed install here. I can't believe how fast I can download files & the different medias I can play now.
My next goal is to upgrade my computer. I've had this one for over 7 years, so it's getting pretty much on it's last leg!

Red

austin

red said:
I didn't realize how much I was missing out until I finally got the high speed install here. I can't believe how fast I can download files & the different medias I can play now.
My next goal is to upgrade my computer. I've had this one for over 7 years, so it's getting pretty much on it's last leg!

Red
A new computer will make a huge difference. I had a Windows ME (2000), and I upgraded a year ago...it's fast.  :D

red

FYI- Knabe said that he has a Mac & some of the things aren't working on his computer. Maybe he'll share w/ you what it is.

Red

genes

Windows ME is evil.....so evil it made me ditch windows all together  ;D, and now I am a very happy happy Mac user.    I haven't had any issues with the board running on it, but I know when I first got it I had trouble staying logged onto my horse board using Safari.  I got Firefox, and it works for everything.  The most recent version of Firefox is especially great....I'm assuming it would be for Windows people too.

knabe

Hi austin,

when using mac osx and safari, when i go to steer planet not logged in, i can see no avatars anymore.  when i log in, i can see them for less than a second when i click on each topic.  also my avatar for me is not available in the hey knabe header part above the actual forum.  hope this helps.

knabe

jason

knabe said:
Hi austin,

when using mac osx and safari, when i go to steer planet not logged in, i can see no avatars anymore.  when i log in, i can see them for less than a second when i click on each topic.  also my avatar for me is not available in the hey knabe header part above the actual forum.  hope this helps.

knabe

I found the problem.....

your using a Mac.  ;)

Just kidding, not really sure what the problem is, but I will try to look into it.  I never have been a Mac guy, but have tried out the latest OS and was thoroughly impressed.  Also have not been too impressed with Vista.  So Mac will probably gain some more market share.