Football

Help Support Steer Planet:

aj

Is it to early for college football? Snyder coach of the year in the big 12. Hartman signs with with the chiefs and Kibble with Atlanta. Poleni still in over his head at Nebraska as a wanna be. Interesting note......on KSU's football web site not a word about Snyders award......says alot about the man.jmo

DCC show cattle

Not to mention A&M finally gettin a college oriented head coach moving to the SEC and having a new quarterback thats not a senior. I have high hopes for us! not saying we will have a winning season but we will hold our own!!!

shortdawg

It's never too early to talk football ! A & M and Mizzou moving to the SEC should be interesting - I'm looking forward to the Dawg's visit to Colombia on Sept. 8th. I think our schedule is favorable to get us back to Atlanta in Dec. But the west has been strong ....

pjkjr4

I agree with shortdawg.....never too early to talk about college football. No offense to any A&M or Mizzou fans or alumni, but (in my opinion, at least for the short term) the Big 12 upgraded by subbing TCU and West Virginia for the prior 2. I just don't see either of them cometing any better in the SEC than they did in the Big 12.

Snyder should have been the National Coach of the Year by everyone that gives the award. Big 12 will be down a (very) little. KSU and WVU should be at the top. OU suspended 4 receivers yesterday indefinitely, so Landry Jones will have to find other people to catch for him, and not even Mike Stoops can turn around their defense overnight like they would like to think they can. Texas will continue to do less with more. My beloved cowboys will take a step back this year. Gundy announced that true freshman Wes Lunt out of Ohio will be the starter this fall. He's young, but is very Brandon Weeden-like in his style of play. The kid will go through some growing pains, but has a posse of good receivers, as well as one of the most underrated running back tandems in Joseph Randle and Jeremy Smith. The O-Line returns 3 starters. The defense has the ptential to be the best since forever, with a solid D-Line, speedy and athletic linebackers, and possibly one of the best pair of corners in the country. They can win anywhere from 8-11 games realistically.

Let's hear your team's story!!

aj

I can dig on Oklahoma State and Colorado St.  ..........good ag schools. Unless they are are playing KSU. We won so many games last year in the last second and by a couple points. It will be hard to duplicate that.

DCC show cattle

the games we (A&M) lost were second half and by giving up double digit leads that cant all be players wasnt a fan of sherman when he came the man was a good recruiter but college ball and pro level are a completely different style of play. it will be a fun year with all the changes in conferences

RyanChandler

pjkjr4 said:
I agree with shortdawg.....never too early to talk about college football. No offense to any A&M or Mizzou fans or alumni, but (in my opinion, at least for the short term) the Big 12 upgraded by subbing TCU and West Virginia for the prior 2. I just don't see either of them cometing any better in the SEC than they did in the Big 12.

Big 12 absolutely upgraded.  A&M hadn't been in Big 12 championship contention in almost 15 years. Now they move to the toughest conference in college football ??? 

I think The State of Texas should have their own conference -The Texas Ten -  Texas, Texas Tech, A&M, Texas State, TCU, SMU, Houston, Baylor,  North Texas, Rice.   

McM93

Snyder is the best coach period. TAMU is getting a great new coach minus his past offensive coordinator who is at West Virginia. The Big 12 is getting the best of that deal. Love TCU being back in the conference. Still too pissed at TT over Leach's firing to watch, even though my MS is from there. OU is at a turning point, they seem way to weak to be OU. It will be interesting to see how good OSU is this year. Texas will find a way to underachieve. Baylor without RG3 could be brutal.

JSchroeder

A&M was in the three way tie for the south in 2010.  It was 2nd to OU in the BCS and lost the tiebreaker.  Comment was in reference to above about not being in contention in 15 years.

JSchroeder

And while were pissing on A&M, it does have more national championships in all sports over the past four years than the rest of the Big XII COMBINED.

RyanChandler

Jeff_Schroeder said:
And while were pissing on A&M, it does have more national championships in all sports over the past four years than the rest of the Big XII COMBINED.
Womens golf (lol)

Last time A&M won big 12 in football (the topic at hand) was in late 90s. Was it 98? 14yrs my bad.

JSchroeder

Let’s get one thing straight, it wasn’t Aggies that started taking pot shots at the Big XII in this thread.  It’s easily the best stepping stone conference in the nation and the power conferences would have tons of issues finding teams to expand if it weren’t for the Big XII being willing to serve that role.

ConferenceFlowChart.jpg

Who knows?  If Florida State’s faculty can get over their academic concerns with the Big XII and commissioner Dodds is okay with the Big XII’s football team having to play in a championship game, it might take a big step toward joining that top tier of conferences.

Womens golf

Where the heck are you getting your information?  A&M hasn't won women's golf.  They've won women's track three times, men's track three times, women's basketball once, men's golf once, and equestrian once.  Of course, you're going to focus on mocking the equestrian national championship while ignoring the other eight.

The rest of the Big XII, all 13 teams if you count the teams that have left and the teams coming, don’t match that mark if you pool every single team in every sport together.

Last time A&M won big 12 in football (the topic at hand) was in late 90s. Was it 98? 14yrs my bad.

You didn't say win the Big XII in football, you said they haven't been in contention in nearly 15 years.  They were not only in contention in 2010 (they were in the three team round robin tie with OSU and OU) but they had beaten both teams in the championship game.  That's not 14 years either.

edit:  ;) I really have no animosity toward the Big XII, I promise, other than enjoying making fun of the people engulfed by sour grapes.

RyanChandler

Womens golf, track, basket weaving w/e 

Im jus looking for Notre Dame to drop their admission standards back to those of state schools.  Herbstreet said it best, until they lower their admission standards, theyll continue to get beat by the likes of army and navy.