How about them Hawkeyes!

Help Support Steer Planet:

Davis Shorthorns

shortdawg said:
  I could careless what the national media says.  They've been wrong for 9 weeks now. 

Finally, the media can't find a way for USC to be in the Nat'l Title hunt. :'( (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) <party> <party> <party> <party> <party> <party> <party> <party> <party> <party> <party> <party> <party> <party> <party>
[/quote]

EXACTLY!!!

jason

<beer>
Can't look past Northwestern.  Ohio state will be a tough game, I really think they can be beaten with the right game plan of getting after and rattling pryor.

CJB

Show Heifer said:
I have heard "Iowa can't win the big ones" - funny they won at MI ST, OH ST and Penn ST (all in their home stadium)             

Won at OH ST?  Not yet they haven't.  Not going to say it won't happen, but it hasn't yet.  Last time they won in OH Stadium was in 1991.  Last time they beat OSU was in 2004.  I think what I am trying to say here, is don't count your chickens before they hatch.

Show Heifer

Oops, my bad, I did mean WI.... OH ST will be a tough game, and even though I am sure we will win, I would never tempt fate by posting an unknown for a given. Sorry.

But it doesn't bother me about the stats....haven't won in OH ST since 91? Thats ok, we have NEVER been 8-0. Haven't beaten OSU since 04? No problem, hadn't beaten Iowa state in their stadium for years. Nor had anyone beaten those that I meantioned  in one season in their own stadiums.

If you haven't noticed, the Hawks do not pay much attention to "things off the field"......  they just play football.......

If it just wasn't for the SI cover curse...... why didn't they cover the world series?????

Show Heifer

It did indeed. But, I will take a 9-1 record right now. Just hope Stanzi will be back for next game, which looks like it will be a slim chance.

I am still proud to be a Hawk fan!!!!  And I tip my hat to NW.... they must steal our play book, as they have us figured out!!!

Show Heifer

Oh my. I can't handle it! Vanderberg proved himself. Now if he can just finish....

oakbar

Can't believe Ferentz let the final minute just run off the clock and didn't try something down field with 10 seconds or so to go.  A completion or pass interference call would have probably given them a chance at a field goal to win the game.  If they score, the game's over without giving OSU a chance to recover-- unlike overtime where both teams get a chance.  He's a great coach but I think he'll get a lot of second guessing on that decision. 
Vandenberg played really well---makes you wonder where we would have been without four dropped passes(one touchdown, 3 first downs)in the first half.

Congratulations Ohio State---one heck of a game!!

Show Heifer

My thoughts exactly.... and I am a Ferenz fan until he dies, but I will question that call. I mean, you have a heck of a field goal kicker, at least try and get in range..... I can't wait to hear the post game interview... I am betting he takes full responibility. 
My thoughts go to next year, when we will return EVERYONE on both sides of the ball except two players.

As for Ohio St.... good game. But don't break your arm patting yourself on the back. You were 20 point favorites.

RSC

Congrats to the Hawkeye fans, gave it a hell of a go!  Keep your chins up, still a great season!

Tony

redwingfarm

Show Heifer said:
My thoughts exactly.... and I am a Ferenz fan until he dies, but I will question that call. I mean, you have a heck of a field goal kicker, at least try and get in range..... I can't wait to hear the post game interview... I am betting he takes full responibility. 
My thoughts go to next year, when we will return EVERYONE on both sides of the ball except two players.

As for Ohio St.... good game. But don't break your arm patting yourself on the back. You were 20 point favorites.

We will try to remember that that during the Rose Bowl-GO BUCKS

farmboy

How bout them coughloserscough hawkeyes...

MyTeamPrints_8030.jpg

Show Heifer

Like I said earlier, don't break your arm patting yourselves on your back..... you play like that in the rose bowl you will get hammered.
Winning in OT by 3 points when you were a 20 point favorite isn't what I call "winning", it's called "not losing"

But, you did outscore Iowa today.

IowaAngus

zach said:

MyTeamPrints_8030.jpg

Show Heifer said:
Like I said earlier, don't break your arm patting yourselves on your back..... you play like that in the rose bowl you will get hammered.
Winning in OT by 3 points when you were a 20 point favorite isn't what I call "winning", it's called "not losing"

My thoughts exactly.

You have absolutely no room to brag AT ALL. We almost beat you. considering you were such big favorites, this is a theoretical loss to you, or should have been. if it wasn't for the blunder's made in OT we might have won that game so get off your high horse.

forcheyhawk

Very proud of this Hawk team. 17.5 point dogs on the road and gave one helluva fight.  Had their chances to win and that's all you can ask with a backup QB on the road.

farmboy

IowaAngus said:
zach said:

MyTeamPrints_8030.jpg

Show Heifer said:

My thoughts exactly.

You have absolutely no room to brag AT ALL. We almost beat you. considering you were such big favorites, this is a theoretical loss to you, or should have been. if it wasn't for the blunder's made in OT we might have won that game so get off your high horse.

1 - almost only counts in grenades and horseshoes, also, corn hole.
2 - Maybe a theoretical loss, but it is an empirical win.
3 - Maybe.
4 - I don't have a horse.

bcosu

had stanzi played then it probably wouldn't have been as close. he is worse than pryor about throwing into coverage and gambling. i would take vandeberg as my quarterback any day, he took pretty good care of the ball. i could have told you that it would never be a 17 point difference in the score just because ohio state never would push it that much and that they would run for 200+ yards. iowas tight end moeaki is for real. he should be the first tight end drafted when he comes out of college if injuries don't slow him down.