Jakes Proud Jazz

Help Support Steer Planet:

stick

With the ASA search down for now could someone please post the pedigree information on this bull? I know he goes back to Leader 21st, but that's about all I know.

red

Stick- don't you love it when technology doesn't work?
go to SEK's site for more info!
http://www.sekgenetics.com/controller/inventory/search.html?inet=aD12YWlyYWdiZWwtZnJuZXB1LXlheCZyaD12YWlyYWdiZWwtZnJuZXB1LXlheCZycGx1Z2luLWFjdGlvbj1kZWZhdWx0JnBsdWdpbi1hY3Rpb249cmVhZCZjcGx1Z2luPXBuZ2d5cnl2ZmcmcmVjaWQ9NDA4MA

CORONET MAX LEADER - 2887446
          TPS Coronet Leader 21st - 3098353
                      NONPAREIL LADY - 2906288
Sire: Jakes Proud Leader 243 H - 4034704
                  OCC Jakes Pride 245B - 30384
        Poly Rose 6113 - 30478
                  POLY C MAID 2112 - 3908179

Irish Pride - 3715737
            OCC Jakes Pride 245B - 30384
                      OCC Lustre 0016 - 30383
Dam: Jakes Jazzy 250 J - 32364
                      JG CACTUS JACK C9340 - 3921311
        Poly CJ Cumberland 5113 - 3961998
                      POLY D CUMBERLAND 725 - 3821205

stick

Thank you. You couldn't extend it out a few more generations could you?? ;) ;) ;)

stick

Pretty much got it except the Cal Poly cows on the top side.

shortdawg

Stick, That steer on my profile is a Jake's Proud Jazz. I think he's pretty good and he has great hair. We will show him in about a month so, I'll see how good he is pretty quick.

shortdawg

I bought the steer from one of his owners. I can't really recommend a specific bloodline so much as a type of cow. He will work best on larger framed cows that need to be brought down a score or two, need muscle , need style , and hair. He does have some appendix in his pedigree. I would think he would be the ticket for some larger framed Rodeo Drive daughters.

Jill

We are going to try him to our Black Dice donor, I'll let you know next year how they turned out.

cattlechick

Anyone have any other calf pics by Jazz? By the way- Nice Jazz steer in your profile shortdawg, interesting to see how he does...

shorthorns r us

about any stockshow magazine from either nov or dec, dont remember which month.  dustin glover sold a 7/8 hfr sired by jazz in duffs power plus sale for 9500.  she was in the add.  saw him in the pasture after we were finished with fall breeding; wish i had seen him b4.  his structure and flexibility was phenomenal for a bull of his age with the muscle and mass he possesses. 

OH Breeder

It looks as though if you do a search on SEK, that Jakes Proud Jazz's maternal grandsire is also available. Jakes Pride. Not sure, but says he is also 20 a straw. Looks like he would be pretty close to pure Irish lines.

iowa

Stick, Call Tim Ohlde, he will be able to tell you what you should breed Proud Jazz to. I went down to Tim's 3 weeks ago and bought a Proud Jazz yearling bull from him and he is a wealth of knowledge about the Leader 21 bloodline and what Proud Jazz will work best on.

knabe

i don't know what you mean by got it except for the cal poly cows, but Mike Hall, still there, worked with tim ohlde to introduce the dividend lines into the Poly herd.  Red has a picture of one of his heifers i sent her that sold for something like 16 or 20k.  when i left poly, they were basically getting rid of the shorthorns.  it was also at this time that tim was sending a few club calves out for the annual sale out of ildeno and others, mostly blacks.  Poly is doing real well with angus right now, focusing on carcass quality, eye appeal etc.  Great school.  downtown, there is an alley way called gum ball alley where everyone for decades have been putting their used gum on the wall.  i think its at least two stories, so lot's of creativity to geth them in the area between where you can reach down and where you can reach up.  Cal Poly and Mike Hall put on the Western Bonanza which was started by a senior project student and now serves as a teaching model for fair management.  a lot of the shows for college participation have been lost.  shame.

stick

I meant I was pretty well familiar with everything in the pedigree except the Poly cows on the top side.

knabe

mike hall is still there and he could tell you all about it.

http://animalscience.calpoly.edu/departments/faculty/mike_hall.asp

stick

knabe, Hate to tell you this but I think the white heifer in your picture might just be a tad bit over conditioned. ;D