Leader 21 bull calf

Help Support Steer Planet:

justintime

A few weeks ago, I posted a picture of an ET Leader 21 heifer on here. Here is her ET full sib brother who we are selling at Can Western Agribition on November 27th. We are also selling a full sib pregnancy due in feb /09 , and a set of full sib embryos, in the Fever sale on October 16th.

He was born Feb 10th, is smooth polled, 86 lb BW  Tested TH and PHA free.  Dam is Shadybrook Presto 73G x  Sire is TPS Coronet Leader 21st ( who was born in 1960)

Attachments

• HC Leader's Legacy 6U.jpg
    HC Leader's Legacy 6U.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 457

shortdawg

He's going to be a great breeding bull for sure. I like the fact that he already has that bull look at an early age.

Doc

He looks good. Is that roaning on his hips? He should make a decent size bull being out of Presto , shouldn't he?

justintime

Yes, he is a very dark roan and right now he is showing more roan on his hips. It has been interesting to watch these Leader 21 calves develop. They seem to have slightly different growth patterns than our other calves from present days sires.

HSV

Good looking calf Grant!!.......but I think what I really would like to have is that moneymaker that you have in the top right corner of the pic!!  ;D

justintime

Don't get any wild ideas about that moneymaker in the corner of the picture. It certainly is making lots of money for an oil company, and the governments of SK and Canada, but I only get a small rental for the 2.6 acres of land it sits on. If my grand father had moved here three months later, things certainly would be different on this farm at least. In 1903, the government offered homestead land as an incentive to get the land settled. The government provided free land but kept all the minerals. In 1903, no one ever dreamed that there was oil or anything else under this old prairie land, so this was of no concern to them. There are some who live here that have the minerals, and they do quite well. One of my friends told me a few months ago, that his family makes $1 million a week from the oil produced on their farm.... and he has 500 black cows! Can you believe that? They are least should be red, roan or white.... just kidding.

Latest posts