Listening to any good music?

Help Support Steer Planet:

calfman

Nah, don't like any country stuff. I like the hardcore stuff. Metallica, Lamb of God, Megadeth.

red

Wow calfman,  a real head banger!!!
My self I tend to like almost anything. I even have a record ( yes a record) of bagpipe music ::).
I have to say that my favorite is either Jimmy Buffet or Tom Petty. I also like country. Oh course I can't wait for Taylor Hicks to put out his first album!!!! ;D
Red

Show Heifer

Can't remember who sings it, maybe Heartland, but I love the song "Settlin". Its about not lowering standards or putting up with crap. "I aint settlin no more."
I also sing my lungs out to the song "Moments", by a country group. Its about how everyone has had good moments in their lives, even if they are down at the time.
Both have very good messages that everyone needs to hear every now and then!!
But I listen to all music except rap, and heavy, hard stuff. Sorry, nothing against it, just don't like it myself!! 8)

cowz

;D Gotta love those Gregorian Chants!!!  Last year hen we were on yet another road trip, going thru the HOT desolate part of Wyoming....The kids were in the back seat of the truck fighting....I found the radio station for the Wind River Tribe....great tribal drums and chanting!!!    After about  10 minutes of great cultural immersion, the prisoners in the back seat agreed to shush up and quit the bickering!! ;D

Jason, too bad you are not from Nebraska, there are some awesome polka stations!!!!

New question for the community here.......Since we all support the oil cartel by dragging to shows....WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ROAD TRIP CD????.  Mine is the Lynard Skynard  and one of the kids likes the ACDC.  I also have the Soundtrack to Walk the Line (Johnny Cash) I listen to when I want to drive the troops nuts!

red

you know, we usually listen to talk radio if it's during the week. I know, Im boring.
I love the Walk the Line Cd. did you see the movie?
Red

cowz

red said:
you know, we usually listen to talk radio if it's during the week. I know, Im boring.
I love the Walk the Line Cd. did you see the movie?
Red

I did see the movie and loved it.  I really liked the fact that Reese and Joaquin did all their own singing and managed to pull it off!

schoenbi

I mostly listen to country and rock, not too into all the popular people more up coming and texas bands. Right now im working on the cd for the tip to Iowa this weekend.  Pat Green, Cory Morrow, Cross Canadian Ragweed, Roger Creager, Randy Rogers Band, and Micky and the Motorcars are just a few that are on there.

red

schoenbi said:
I mostly listen to country and rock, not too into all the popular people more up coming and texas bands. Right now im working on the cd for the tip to Iowa this weekend.  Pat Green, Cory Morrow, Cross Canadian Ragweed, Roger Creager, Randy Rogers Band, and Micky and the Motorcars are just a few that are on there.
wow, those really sound interesting. What type of country do they play? Old style, more rock, bluegrass or thier own unique sounds?- would love more information on them!
Red

cowz

schoenbi said:

Gotta love that Cross Canadian Ragweed!

schoenbi

There mostly younger bands from texas and western states that are not real popular in the rest of the country. Kinda like rockish outlaw country what was popular a long time ago but with a newer tiwst to it. Geared towards the college age kids you could say. Most of them have websites with samples of their music on them. Ragweed is one of my fav.

red

schoenbi said:
There mostly younger bands from texas and western states that are not real popular in the rest of the country. Kinda like rockish outlaw country what was popular a long time ago but with a newer tiwst to it. Geared towards the college age kids you could say. Most of them have websites with samples of their music on them. Ragweed is one of my fav.
If it gives any indication on my younger years, I was almost trampled at a Molly Hatchet concert.  ::) Actually I used to like some of the outlaw country bands. You'll have to send me some of their websites.
Red

cowz

red said:
schoenbi said:
If it gives any indication on my younger years, I was almost trampled at a Molly Hatchet concert.  ::) Actually I used to like some of the outlaw country bands. You'll have to send me some of their websites.
Red
Molly Hatchet???  YEOW !    (lol)    Red-- you must have had a lot of fun!!! 

austin

I like all classic rock sort of music. Not headbanger, just good old-fashioned rock.

red

cowz said:
red said:
schoenbi said:
Red
Molly Hatchet???   YEOW !    (lol)     Red-- you must have had a lot of fun!!!   
cowz, I can tell you stories about my youth that would give you gray hairs! This is a tip for all parents. Even the wildest child can settle down eventualy. I did, it took a while but now I'm an old fuddy duddy!
The concert was a blast. The biggest thing was the next month they had The Who concert with the kids getting killed during a trampling incident. I can still remember hearing about that & pulling over on the side of the road &  getting sick, it was too close to home.
Red O0

deep

I love classic rock and classic country, Bob Seger, Charlie Daniels(should run for Pres.) Elton John, old Rod Stewart stuff, Merle Haggard, Waylon Jennings, David Allen Coe, late Keith Whitley.  I can go on and on !!
Like Tim McGraw, Toby Keith, THE GEO. STRAIT 

(dog)

red

deep said:
I love classic rock and classic country, Bob Seger, Charlie Daniels(should run for Pres.) Elton John, old Rod Stewart stuff, Merle Haggard, Waylon Jennings, David Allen Coe, late Keith Whitley.  I can go on and on !!

(dog)
Great choices Deep, I think I'm going to dig out the old vinyl albums, put the needle on the player, sit back & just take a trip back memory lane today. David Allen Coe, who would have thought that one!!! How about Dan Fogelberg? loved some of his stuff.

Red (clapping)

deep

red said:
deep said:

(dog)
Great choices Deep, I think I'm going to dig out the old vinyl albums, put the needle on the player, sit back & just take a trip back memory lane today. David Allen Coe, who would have thought that one!!! How about Dan Fogelberg? loved some of his stuff.

Red (clapping)

What was that Dan Fogelburg song that was so popular?  I know it, I can't think of it. 
How about the great Fleetwood Mac !!  I turn the volume up loud to them !! (dog)