Louisville.....lets get together.

Help Support Steer Planet:

cowz

We started talking about this awhile back and never got to a conclusion, so I will just throw this out:

I would love to meet some of you!  Anybody that is going to be at the show and would like to spend a little time visiting, meet me after the Shorthorn Futurity event at the Broadbent arena on Sunday Nov. 16.  The futurity starts at 3 pm.

I will be wearing a blue and black jacket.  My hubby wears a black cowboy hat.  Look for us and say hello.

Anyone who will be stalled at the show, please post the name of your operation and what breed of  cattle.  That way maybe we can all stop by and visit each other!

red

Oh sure Cowz, you go the year we're not showing! I do remember meeting your hubby last year.
Hubby says that if I'm a good girl we might go the day the open show for the Maines. By being a good girl I have to go a week w/ no falls. Blew that one today.

Red

cowz

I'm excited, I havent been to Louisville for the NAILE since my college days a couple of decades ago..ouch.

J is excited because he isnt fitting for anyone and we can actually go have fun and look at cattle instead of through the end of a set of clippers.

cattlejunky

Cowz, we will be gone on the 15th.  I am having steerplanet decals made so people can put them on their showboxes or pedigree signs.

shortyjock89

Shorty junior national is in Obamaland, I mean Illinois, maybe we can get together next summer.

Sorry Cowz, here in this household, we tried!  If you stop by the stalls next summer, I promise we won't subject you to redistributing anything except maybe a chat.

OH Breeder

I am shooting for steer show on Sunday overnighting and watch the Shorthorns on Monday. It is about a 3 hour drive otherwise I would try to see the shorty junior show.

stumpy

We will be the Shorthorn barn with our Fischer Cattle Co. signs up. Every thing in black with gold trim. we are usually tied nose to nose with Duis farms, they are on the main isle. Look for a big white bull ;).

inthebarnagain

We will be in the junior barn with 3 heifers for the junior show, no open, figured we would get our feet wet instead of jumping in all the way!  My daughters name is Caitlin Hall, her name will be on the signs.  Along with Marysville, Indiana.

What is everyone else's name that will be up so we can find everyone?

LazyGLowlines

It would be nice to meet some other SP members. I will be there to watch the Lowline show on Thurs the 20th. Sounds like everyone else will have shown and gone!  If you'll be around on Thurs please look me up. I'll have my Lazy G Lowlines coat on  (black with tan collar) and my name (Nancy) on the coat.  If I'm not looking at cattle I'll be in the stands watching. Hope to see you there!

shortyjock89

LazyGLowlines said:
It would be nice to meet some other SP members. I will be there to watch the Lowline show on Thurs the 20th. Sounds like everyone else will have shown and gone!  If you'll be around on Thurs please look me up. I'll have my Lazy G Lowlines coat on  (black with tan collar) and my name (Nancy) on the coat.  If I'm not looking at cattle I'll be in the stands watching. Hope to see you there!

Nancy, I'll be there with J&K Livestock fittin and showin Lowlines!  I wish I had my heifer there, but it just didn't work out.  I'll be the one in a blue hat with HA on it, with a black pullover with Olson Family Shorthorns on it.  Hop to see you there!

LazyGLowlines

That's great, Jason!  I suspect J&K will have some Bluey calves there, too?  I know that another breeder is bringing some from ND.  I can hardly wait to see them!  His calves so far have been very impressive.

shortyjock89

LazyGLowlines said:
That's great, Jason!  I suspect J&K will have some Bluey calves there, too?  I know that another breeder is bringing some from ND.  I can hardly wait to see them!  His calves so far have been very impressive.

I think they're bringing a bull out of Bluey, but I can't be quoted on that yet.  I hope to see some, I hear there is a Bluey x Heatseeker that's comin down.

Justin (Jason...I'm not picky as long as I'm not called late to dinner!)

LazyGLowlines

[[/quote]
Justin (Jason...I'm not picky as long as I'm not called late to dinner!)
[/quote]

Sorry, Justin...got the vowels wrong.  If I call you something different in person please don't hesitate to correct me!  I know Schmit is bringing some Bluey and Wandoo (Bluey's sire) calves to Louisville, at least that was the plan when I talked to him in KC.  So I suspect there will be quite a few 'reds' in the lowline show. 

TJ

I'll be at Louisville with some Lowlines...  I'll have to be sure to look up J&K Livestock & meet Justin.  ;)

GEG

I will be there on the 14th through 20th helping wesner with his simmys and we will have a charolais heifer come in onthe 18th we show friday.I will be busy on monday and tues hes taking 13 or 14 head .I hope to see some of you gus there.

Malinda

I am going down on Wed the 12th and get things organized in tie outs and the guys that are helping me will follow on Thurs. I will be coming home on Tues. the 18th with the bull in tow. It is time for Phenom to get ready for the new job he is beginning in Dec.; herd bull.

My farm sign is kind of on the small side but it is black with gold trim and lettering. My pedigree signs are the same color and will hopefully be showing off a SP sticker. I think I will be stalled beside Pegwood Farms, also from Ohio. Many people get Peggy Swartz (Pegwood Farms) and myself confused; this will be your chance to see us side by side and figure out which one of us is which.

Don't forget the Standing Committee meetings will be Nov 14th at 7:00 and 8:00 p.m. Here is your chance to get involved and speak your peace.

Everyone have a safe trip to Louisville and I hope to meet you there.

Malinda

Malinda

cowz,

I forgot to mention that I will look you up after the Heifer Calf Futurity. At least I will remember to look for a guy in a black cowboy hat.

Until then,

Malinda