name that tune

Help Support Steer Planet:

aj

John Lee Hooker is an old school blues guy I like. My favorite Gordon Lightfoot songs are "old dans record",Canadian railroad trilogy, and cotton jenny. He also did sundown,rainy day people, if you could read my mind. What rock band also crashed in a plane and lost at least half of the members including the head singer in roughly the late 70's early 80's. Southern stlye. One of their songs was a rebutle to a neil young song about the southern man. Also name a canadian band that young played around with taking care of bussiness so to speak. (dog) (dog) (dog)

stick

Lynyrd Skynyrd plus I get bonus points for spelling. Second question and this is a reach BTO?

aj

What  rocker has the most no. 1 hits in the world. You have to be careful here because like the beatles were only together 5 years or so. This person ran the deal over a lifetime. Also, what current oklahoma rock\country band is named after a weed. They want jerry jeff walker to be their cheif of staff.

stick

Here's one that cost me a few cold ones, who wrote "I Shot The Sheriff"? No Googling allowed.

Telos

DL, I must confess... Did not know what that cake, with all the icing melting down around it and left out in the rain, was all about. So, many years later with the help of Google and you asking a question somehow we get a clue what all those words might mean.

Thanks for all the thought provoking questions and helping all of us think. Yes, life is astonishing.  (clapping)

A contemporary singer-songwriter I like is Steve Earle. You can check him out  through google. There's a number of sites on him and his writings.

stick

aj, would the Oklahoma band by any chance be CCR and I don't mean Creedence Clearwater Revival?? Heard them on a radio station up here that  has a show called Southern Fried Fridays

Gypsy

stick said:
aj, would the Oklahoma band by any chance be CCR and I don't mean Creedence Clearwater Revival?? Heard them on a radio station up here that  has a show called Southern Fried Fridays

Hey I think I should get one too!  Cross Canadian Ragweed!

red

Dan Fogelberg is one of my all time favorites. Leader of the Band, Run for the Roses, As the Raven Flies & Face the fire are some of my top picks. I still have about 8 records of his. Yes, those things you put on a turntable & stick a needle on! ;D
He was diagnosed w/ prostrate cancer. Still battling it. :'(

Red

ELBEE

Am I the only one on the "Planet" that listened to Haggerd and Jones, and Charlies Rich & Pride? What about Emmy Lou and Patsy? And don't forget Conway & Loretta. Where's all the rednecks? 

stick

I bet red loved the slow dances but then who didn't. Most of the bands I liked(Skynyrd, Charlie Daniels, Marshall Tucker to name a few) were kind of hard to slow dance to.

steers4u

Three words......DAVID ALLEN COE!!The greatest country song ever written..."I was drunk the day my momma got out of prison....ETC
Also anyone ever watch The Rocky Horror Pictue Show??? "Oh no Meat Loaf again"... (lol)

stick

Ah yes, it's all coming back to me now... Paradise By The Dashboard Light :eek:

aj

Yes, yes, and yes. I think elvis is still no 1 for no. 1's. I liked steve earls song about his grandpa in ww 2. I can't find it. Bombs over london. I can't remember how it went. Something , something medals on his his chest , something, something, . I like earls coperhead road with the bagpipes also. Lefty Frizell(sp.?) one of my favorites. My top pick of rock song of all time is "long cool woman in a black dress" by the hollies. I have all of emmylou harris albumns.

red

Yes, I love to slow dance but I just to be able to shake that thang also pretty good!
I'm always been a big Meatloaf fan!. Get a kick out of David Allen Coe too. I like a wide variety of music. Even have a record of bagpipe music in my stash.

Red

Latest posts