name that tune

Help Support Steer Planet:

DL

steers4u said:
Three words......DAVID ALLEN COE!!The greatest country song ever written..."I was drunk the day my momma got out of prison....ETC
Also anyone ever watch The Rocky Horror Pictue Show??? "Oh no Meat Loaf again"... (lol)

"Damn it Janet I love you" (and then there was something about swing to the left and swing to the right...."

red

I saw the RPHS about 25 years ago! What great camp! Throwing rice & dressing up was the best part of it. Yes, I wore a slip to the movie. Oh my!

Red (pop)

steers4u

Use to go after the BARS closed. Take cards, a squirt gun, Newspaper etc... Very easy to make an ASS of yourself!! Some people were sure we were crazy but foe me it was such a short trip who could tell!! ;D

farmboy

WHO LIKES NIRVANA (clapping) AND THAT SONG RIDIN WITH PRIVATE MALONE.
I WAS JUST OUT OF THE SERVICE THUMBIN' THRU THE CLASSIFIEDS,WHEN AN AD THAT SAID OLD CHEVY SOMEHOW CAUGHT MY EYE.THE LADY DIDN'T KNOW THE YEAR OR EVEN IF IT RAN, BUT I HAD THAT THOUSAND DOLLARS IN MY HAND....

red

I love songs that have a story or tale behind them. sometimes get so caught up in the storyline can't even tell what the melody is!

Red O0

cowz

stick said:
I bet red loved the slow dances but then who didn't. Most of the bands I liked(Skynyrd, Charlie Daniels, Marshall Tucker to name a few) were kind of hard to slow dance to.

Free Bird starts out slow!

Some of the best AGR/Farmhouse events I ever attended were Marshall Tucker, Poco, Pure Prairie League, Michael Martin Murphy tributes!

red

Always knew there was a reason I liked you Cowz!!! I remember going to a Molly Hachet concert once! now that was flirting w/ disaster!!
Moody Blues- "Knights in white satin"

Red

Telos

I know what you mean Red.  If I can't relate to the meaning of the words then the song usually doesn't interest me as much. I like rebellious protest songs, they are always my favorites.

Rocky Horror Picture Show!  Wow, didn't realized cattle people were into those "cult flicks". That's progressive!

red

Now Telos! Don't try & fit us into a certain mold! Just kidding, know you better than that. I think cattle people, as we've seen from the board, come from all walks of life. Have many interests, talents & experiences. The main thing tying us all together is our love of good cattle, good friends & good conversations!
(welcome)

Red- multi cultural/mini talented

Telos

Oh, but Red... Anybody who can entertain me daily, like you do, is mega-talented in my book.

I guess those days of the traditional cowboy on horseback are over. Who wrote "The Times, They are a Changin".

DL

red said:
Bob Dylan
to always entertaining you Telos!

Red (pop)

Speaking of Bob - have you heard Tweetlie Dum and Tweetlie Dee?

and now for some flash backs (do like the Moody Blues)
Janice Joplin
Jefferson AIrplane
Jim Morrison
Chambers Brothers
Donovan
Pete Seeger
Kingston Trio
Woody Guthrie
James Taylor
Carole King
Joan Baez
Cream
Pacific Gas and Electric (anybody ever see them???)
Joanie Collins
Doobie Brothers
Rolling Stones
Stevie Nicks
Heart

I think I'll go sing to my cows!

red

let's throw in Arlo Guthrie for telling a story! Alice's Restaurant is a must listen to at Thanksgiving time! Or his City of New Orleans.
Jethro Tull
Neil Young
Traveling Willburys'
one of my all time favorites- Tom Petty!!!

my cows have banned me from singing to them. Long story but I was asked to quit my school choir. I took piano lessons & the teacher told my parents she was going on vacation- but never called back. I'd leave her in tears at the end of the time. Hubby sits next to me in church trying not to crack up from laughing. He says he never can tell what hymn I'm singing. Love to sing but terribly tone-death!

Red

cowz

Telos said:
I know what you mean Red.  If I can't relate to the meaning of the words then the song usually doesn't interest me as much. I like rebellious protest songs, they are always my favorites.

Rocky Horror Picture Show!  Wow, didn't realized cattle people were into those "cult flicks". That's progressive!

Telos!   Was that you in the back row of the movie theater throwing rice and squirting water during the rain and wedding scenes??? O0  (Anyone under 40 has no clue what we are talking about!  Smirk! ;D

aj

My favorite son"amie" pure prarie league. Can you say "busted flat in baton rouge, waiting for the train. ...feeling nearly faded as my jeans"janis".

steers4u

Speaking of Woody Guthrie Have you listened to Springsteen's tribute CD??? Truely Great! As far as the Rocky Horror Picture Show.... I can name about 10 cattle people who watched it at least 25 or more times. It is amazing what beer can get college students to do.

DL do those flashback,s include any Greatful Dead??? ;D

Telos

It does my heart good to know you guys are so hip. Thought about googling Rocky Horror to refresh my memory on all the little details, but then realized it might be better not to remember. It was the ultimate in silliness.  I was the one on the front row sleeping while everyone else was throwing rice and squirting water on me.

aj

Bungle in the ?. The night they drove ? Your so ?  The boys from oklahoma ?????.One ? makes you smaller. Dog and ? Dead ? in the middle of the road. Come on people now, my only ? Gimme ? steps.Leave this ? ? country boy alone. Della and the dealer and a dog named ?. Me and you and a dog named ?. If you don't like willie nelson you have to go to ?  Red headed stranger from ? montana. You're walking on the ? side of me. We'll all be drinking the free ? and eating the ? stew.Something,something, something, just kidding. The ? in the ? and the silver ?. By the time we got to ? we were half a million strong. I get by with a ? ? ? my friends

steers4u

jungle....ol dixie down...VAIN..?..?..?..skunk...?..#..poor ol ../..boo..?..?..fighten..bubbleup..rainbow...man moon spoon ..woodstock    ...little help  from

DLD

Okay, I'll give it a shot.

aj said:
Bungle in the (jungle)? . The night they drove (old dixie down)? Your so (vain) ?  The boys from oklahoma (roll their joints all wrong)?????.One ? makes you smaller. Dog and (pony show???) ? Dead (skunk) ? in the middle of the road. Come on people now, my only (brother) ? Gimme (three)? steps.Leave this (long haired) ? ? country boy alone. Della and the dealer and a dog named (jake)?. Me and you and a dog named (boo) ?. If you don't like willie nelson you have to go to (prison) ?  Red headed stranger from (bluerock)? montana. You're walking on the (fightin)? side of me. We'll all be drinking the free (bubble up)? and eating the (rainbow) ? stew.Something,something, something, just kidding. The (cats)? in the (cradle)? and the silver(spoon) ?. By the time we got to (chi town???) ? we were half a million strong. I get by with a (little help from)? ? ? my friends

aj, i like your music