NEED HELP CHOOSING A SH BULL TO AI TO MY SH HEIFER

Help Support Steer Planet:

sue

OH Breeder said:
sue said:
329 baby - week old bull calf.

Nice baby. Really like her head too, that may sound strange, but she has a nice small head.
Not strange at all, Im a nut when it comes to head shapes. 

sue

captain son

Attachments

• lakesidefoundation_shrunk.JPG
    lakesidefoundation_shrunk.JPG
    213.3 KB · Views: 170

LittleHeifer

Thanks guys I am really liking Captain. He seems like a great match for my Heifer. My brother's heifer is bred to Capiche and is due in May. Now I just need to call Hal Harris and see if he can get me some semen.
Little Heifer (angel)

J

JTM

That is A&T Captain Obvious not Captain Morgan. Just to clarify. ;) Good choice!

linnettejane

oh sue!  they won!  wvu beat louisville! you must have missed the last 2 seconds of the game!  because they pulled out a win.... i may live in ky now, but my heart is still gold and my blood still runs blue, lol....

but they did lose last night in the big east tourney...ugh...

sue said:
Hey Linnette sorry your team lost saturday  :( I was cheering, such a great game.

Little heifer the pedigree of this female looks very interesting. She is  stacked on top and bottom -  329 is linebred and CO is out of a linebred female.

Dispostion of both bulls is very good.

Just recently at IA beef Expo a Captain son ( SG&J Obvious) sold for $5k - His 3/4 brother is selling   in Ohio beef expo  PVF Gold Nugget and catalog is on www. shorthorncountry.net, Nugget is a  Full brother to Nitro who sold a couple years back - Lakeside Nitro ( he is on Cattlevisions page)  .W e had a pen of Captain bulls in Denver - I can post some those pics.

Paternal brother to 329 is selling in Sullivan's bull sale - SULL RED SAvior.

Message me tell me where you live - there may be Captain calves in your area that you can  visit and see before you breed your heifer.

Pretty sure we have video of captain daughtes posted on our webpage and also a video of a 329 weaned female as well.  I posted a captain son that sold in denver last year Lakeside Geronimo... his calves are due any minute...

LittleHeifer

Called Hal and left a message so hopefully he will call me back soon. Ugh I need my own tank but they are expensive. I am sooo excited I think he will be a great match for my heifer.
Little Heifer (angel)

sue

LittleHeifer said:
Sue I live in SW Idaho.
Little Heifer (angel)

The ladies at Cattlevisions can help you with Captain semen. Good chance they have a represented close by - to save you on shipping.
I do know of a few herds in Oregon. I''ll check on Idaho.

LittleHeifer

Sue That would be great if you could do that. I'm always up for saving on money lol.
thanks
Little Heifer (angel)

Davis Shorthorns

Here is a pict of our Captain Obvious son we got from Lakeside

Attachments

• Lakeside Doc Clark.jpg_thumb.png
    Lakeside Doc Clark.jpg_thumb.png
    120.2 KB · Views: 322

aandtcattle

I can't argue with all the people telling you to use Captain.  I have a full sister to him and 3 maternal sisters in production and cannot say enough good about them as cows!  I wish my whole herd looked and produced like them.  And the calving ease is legit! <cowboy>

LittleHeifer

Thanks guys. I haven't heard back from Hal yet. Sue do you know of anyone here in SW Idaho that could help me get semen?
Little Hiefer (angel)

sue

Little Heifer - when do you need it?  I have a date saved for somewhere in Wyoming? I might just bring it myself .

Attachments

• captainobvious_shrunk.jpg
    captainobvious_shrunk.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 157

LittleHeifer

I would like to get her bred this month or next if possible. when are you going to be in wyoming?
Crystal

sue

I will not be in Wyoming until May. Call Cattle visions 1 866 356 4565 . Tell  them what you need - chances are they know of a AI tech in that area that can help you?  More then likely Heather will answere when you call-

LittleHeifer

I talked with my parents and we figured the timeline and that would be perfectly fine  (clapping). That would give me a Feb. calf  (cow). What time in May are you planning to be in the area?
Thanks
Little Heifer (angel)

LittleHeifer

Hey Sue I'm just curious what colors does he have in his ped.?
Little Heifer (angel)

aandtcattle

I will answer for sue.  I bred and raised the bull until sue bought him in October when he was a calf.  He has a very red pedigree.  Nothing but red in at least the first 3 generations of his pedigree.  The cow and calf in my avatar is his mom and one of his sisters.

sue

I am not positive about the date Yet?? I need to visit more with a few folks. I plan on set up dates after March 26 th.  So I should know more by the First of April.....  Do you have a semen tank? 

Captain is definately linebred Red, you may end up with Red w/ white marks or solid red??

LittleHeifer

I don't have a tank. I maybe able to ask hal if I can put it in his if need be. Yeah just let me know when you are planning to come this way. My heifer is red and white with mostly roans excepte 1 R/W and 2 reds way back in her ped. So that will be interesting to see what color the calf will be. Sue I saw there is a extra five $ for certificate, what is that? sorry this is new to me.
Little Heifer (angel)