Obama Nation

Help Support Steer Planet:

knabe

yes.  posted it here before the election.  of course the news won't show that, it might reveal racism by someone other than a white christian straight male.

yes, i had to come out of the closet.

kanshow

I hadn't even seen it until today.... that's how far behind I am!!

I didn't know you'd been in the Howard Stern Closet... that's some scary stuff there!!!! ;)  Oh wait.. you are a white, straight, Christian male..  OH MY!!!  ;D

justme

Ahhh diversity....Howard Stern says he's half Jewish...so what a closet you were in Knabe lol

knabe

when i was in college, i used to watch howard's tv show. 

it was almost like fernwood tonight, a spoof on johnny carson's show with martin mull and fred willard. 

the sad part is, that fred willard plays that character on everything he does.

he introduced me to the concept that everyone is a hypocrite.  to what level, it doesn't matter.

from a different perspective, he showed me how uncomfortable people become when you turn situations around.

my favorite is when he (actually one of the cast) asks famous people at big functions, "so, who are you?"

it's also funny when he let's people play into their worst stereotype, like the obama/palin ticket.

knabe

i do have sandy blond hair, and when i went to kansas to work on my uncle's farm, all the kids wanted to know if i had a van and surfed all day.

my brother strung up a mannican from an elevator that caused quite a commotion for a minute or two.

one of the best thing about small towns are the huge swimming pools where very few people are interested in swimming and get to see each other outside their sunday best.

at least when i was back in kansas, people were in better shape and it was more fun looking and then hooking.

anyone ever hear of the word teched?  my dad says it's okie for being touched or crazy.  i had a great uncle who was crazy and tried to see if he could melt his brother's face with an iron.  he did lots of stupid other stuff too.  the guy who got burned was a tail gunner in WWII with 87 missions, came back and drank the rest of his life.  he liked kids and you could always tell he wished he was still a kid the way he smiled.  made me cry a lot thinking about it.

BIGTEX

1. I had a son that was very sick and my wife had a daughter w/o maternity coverage. We paid 20,000 to have my daughter and 50,000 to help pay for my son. We had indivdual coverage so was more like catastrophe insurance. We had to go get a job w/ better insurance, but I wouldn't want it any other way. I sure wouldn't want universal health care, do you want to pay for all the smokers who have cancer or overweight people who have diabetes?
2.If they didn't manufactured clothes(for example) in other countries, Wranglers might cost $100 per pair. Are you ready to pay that?
3. I think Al-Queda was training in Iraq and Iraq was also used as an example. Remember Sadam was a very evil man and this world is better off w/o him.
4. I hope everyone who voted for him gets what they want. Some people work for what they want, some feel entitled to it.

Howard Sterns best "Who are you", IMO was when Stuttering John asked Billy Crystal who he was. Then he asked if there was going to be a Mr. Saturday Night Part II.  Funny stuff.

farwest

Corn's dropped 2 days in a row, cattle have dropped, and the dow has had it's biggest two day loss in history, yeah, well the unemployed fireburning trashcanstanders must not have much money to throw at the market after the celebration of the leader.    And the people that do, the smart, the sucessful hardworking people,  are running like hell pullin their money and takin cover.   I'm just shocked the long lines of african americans shown on cnn waiting to vote the last week are not spurring the economy immediatley with their savior.

fluffer

Isn't it sad.  Did you every think you would see the day where you felt like you needed to take cover?  I am going to start hiding my money in the yard I think  ;)  I have left my money (Roth, 401K, Etc) alone at this point.  I didn't have time to grab them before I took cover.  Guess when all the smoke clears I will see if I have anything left.  SO depressing.

Fluffer

SWMO

Such a calm, well spoken man that thinks things through.  He just finished dissing Nancy Reagan and than had to apologize.  He may have thought it was funny but I sure didn't.  Hope he thinks through his comments about foreign leaders better.

I don't consider this a shining example of mature, well thought out reasoning.  Hope he grows up fast.

mooch

Think of all the good our tax dollars will be doing.Saw a lady on CNN this morning that has no worries any more .Obama is going to pay her mortgage and her bills for her.Honest to God. If this is the way most inter city people think we are in deep doo doo.Buy your guns while you can, they might start migrating out and taking what they think they are owed.Heard most of the new voters have never paid taxes, shouldn't that be a pre -requisite

knabe

here's some more diversity for you.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,450445,00.html

"We are trying to reach our audience, and sometimes in order to reach an audience, everybody has to hear you," said Fred Edwords, spokesman for the humanist group.

i keep wondering, at what point will what we escaped from be considered diversity?

everyone having to hear you seems a little, um, progressive.

aj

I saw the Biography of Obama on the bio channel. Guess it was first time I understood his background. One thing that worries me is he has no business background or private sector experience. He did have student loans I guess. He and his wife must be pretty smart as they went to Harvard or wherever it was. I don't see how he will not be left of center. He has been a lawyer and a goverment program,community service,community planner,government will solve the problem, all his life.

knabe

http://www.whitehouse.gov/administration/eop/iga/

The White House Office of Intergovernmental Affairs works closely with state and local officials elected by the American people to ensure America's citizens and their elected officials have a government that works effectively for them and with them. State and local governments are critical to the creation and implementation of national policy. Maintaining a strong partnership between federal, state and local entities is the best way to bring change to American families and provide the leadership the American people deserve.

not sure why we need a vice president from "the race" to tell governments how to work together.  perhaps it's so "the race" can get more of your tax dollar.

Munoz was a senior vice president for the National Council of La Raza, where she supervised all legislative and advocacy activities on the state and local levels.

seems to me there is no advocate for the american people anymore, regardless of race.

"It is a priority of my administration to make sure that the doors of this White House are open to all of our citizens, and that our government is open and honest and that the American people are heard."  –President Barack Obama

i take this last quote to include illegal aliens at my tax dollar expense, estimated for the illegals in CA alone to be $1200 per household per year.  i would like to distribute that $1200 how i see fit, rather than the continuous stream of race based indoctrination where neither english nor the subject matter is learned.  we are essentially guaranteeing an underclass population that will soon outnumber the educated, and by educated, i mean high school diploma.

BIGTEX

They are going to use some of the stimulus money in Texas to pay kids for good grades at bad schools. 50 for an A 30 for a B. This is racism! Where is it going to stop?

knabe

BIGTEX said:
This is racism! Where is it going to stop?

when you do something about it.  convert the convertable.  the one's that aren't, aren't worth it.  less than 10% of the population dictates who is in power.  remove the schools from the liberals and it's over.  not saying conservatives don't have their faults, but liberals own the schools and they are basically run like a religion now with moral relativism the norm.