Obama Nation

Help Support Steer Planet:

roycattle

WOW I just got in from combining corn and took a look at the markets.  It looks like we are off to a great start huh.

cowz

My kid came home with this....and it is clean.....sorry Voters, this is just in jest.

What is the difference between Symba and Obama?

Symba is an African Lion.  Obama is a lying African.  ::)

xxcc

very few people seem to mind when black dominates in the show ring, why is the political ring such an issue? O0

Simmymom1

cowz said:
My kid came home with this....and it is clean.....sorry Voters, this is just in jest.

What is the difference between Symba and Obama?

Symba is an African Lion.   Obama is a lying African.   ::)

Love it!!!!    (clapping) (clapping)

GONEWEST

buckeye said:
I am glad Ohio voted Obama and knew we would! I know some of you people will continue to keep talking about you cant believe that Obama wont, but in all reality did you actually think McCain had a chance in this election? Actually Obama wasnt my first choice, Hillary was my choice! But there was no way I would vote for McCain, I felt he was a terrible canidate!

Buckeye, I have two questions for you. First how old are you? And second, have you ever had any portion of your brain removed?

I was appalled to know that people in the midwest do not share the same moral values as those of us in the south, FL is not in the south, btw. And when I see the people who post here, I have another question, if you people in the midwest didn't vote for him, just who did?

And another thing, if you listened to his acceptance speech, the whole thing was about race. It was all about "righting" all the wrongs that have "gone on for so long." If you have anything, he's gonna try to take it and give it to someone who doesn't. Or at least that's what he said he would do, knowing that Americans are so fed up and so down that many would welcome a Robin Hood message. Another thing is that we voted like there was no other issue at stake other than the economy and the hard times many are facing. Also it showed why the founding fathers feared that the electorate were not capable of making a good decision regarding leadership of the country.  Thomas Jefferson is now somewhere saying "I told you so." A second grader should be able to figure out that taxing corporations above the second highest corporate tax rate in the world will only do 1 of two things. Either make them move out of the country or raise the prices on their goods or services. ANYBODY should know that corporations do not pay taxes, they just raise their prices so that we pay them. Unbelievable.

Lastly they keep saying the educated white voters were the main demographic that supported him. That,  along with the fact that Bill Ayers is allowed to be a professor in an American university, shows you how liberal our universities have become.  Boggles my mind.

BIGTEX

Maybe someone could answer this for me.

I have a friend, his wife makes just under 200K, I, I mean my friend just got a job making 80K. Would if be financially smarter for my Friend to stay home and not put his families' income over 200K? This is for my friend. ;)

kanshow

Bigtex... I don't think anyone knows because he's been so vague on net/gross/amount.  Heck I've even heard 150K so maybe your friend needs to take the job & let his wife stay home. 

cattlejunky

GONEWEST said:
buckeye said:
I am glad Ohio voted Obama and knew we would! I know some of you people will continue to keep talking about you cant believe that Obama wont, but in all reality did you actually think McCain had a chance in this election? Actually Obama wasnt my first choice, Hillary was my choice! But there was no way I would vote for McCain, I felt he was a terrible canidate!

Buckeye, I have two questions for you. First how old are you? And second, have you ever had any portion of your brain removed?

I was appalled to know that people in the midwest do not share the same moral values as those of us in the south, FL is not in the south, btw. And when I see the people who post here, I have another question, if you people in the midwest didn't vote for him, just who did?

And another thing, if you listened to his acceptance speech, the whole thing was about race. It was all about "righting" all the wrongs that have "gone on for so long." If you have anything, he's gonna try to take it and give it to someone who doesn't. Or at least that's what he said he would do, knowing that Americans are so fed up and so down that many would welcome a Robin Hood message. Another thing is that we voted like there was no other issue at stake other than the economy and the hard times many are facing. Also it showed why the founding fathers feared that the electorate were not capable of making a good decision regarding leadership of the country.  Thomas Jefferson is now somewhere saying "I told you so." A second grader should be able to figure out that taxing corporations above the second highest corporate tax rate in the world will only do 1 of two things. Either make them move out of the country or raise the prices on their goods or services. ANYBODY should know that corporations do not pay taxes, they just raise their prices so that we pay them. Unbelievable.

Lastly they keep saying the educated white voters were the main demographic that supported him. That,  along with the fact that Bill Ayers is allowed to be a professor in an American university, shows you how liberal our universities have become.  Boggles my mind.
Obama won Indiana because they got the black vote out in Indianapolis, liberal college towns, Muncie area were there are alot of UAW workers and the counties around lake Michigan.  Look at the map of Indiana and you will see.  Rural America left behind! Lets call the ACLU and tell them we are being discriminated against. (lol)

BIGTEX
I quit working 5 years ago because with our combined income it was putting us in a higher tax bracket and we were paying my yearly salary plus some in state and federal taxes. around 40K.  I suggest your friend see an account to see how it will affect him.  There are also rules regarding how you can invest your money and still get a tax break.  If you make over $150K you can't invest in a Roth IRA without some type of penalty. I don't know all the rules, but he should investigate!

Show Heifer

Another thing to consider.....When obama won, the streets celebrated, horns honked and beers were bought, BUT.....what would have happend if obama would have LOST???? I fear the streets would have been filled with something way different. History has shown us that.

Looking behind will only get you distracted and will not allow you to see the danger coming ahead.

CAB

WOW, when a person reads all of this info and all of the facts and figures, it paints quite a "picture". Brent

CAB

Mark, I'm starting to worry about some of you guys!! Take a deep breath. AAAAAh. That's better. Brent

knabe

CAB said:
  Mark, I'm starting to worry about some of you guys!! Take a deep breath. AAAAAh. That's better. Brent

uuuuhhhhhhhhhhh  huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu 

sorry, had to take 6

elections doesn't mean one has to change their principles.  liberty will become so rare that another small band of terrorists will resist and write another constitution and the whole thing will repeat.     

cowz

BIGTEX said:
Maybe someone could answer this for me.

I have a friend, his wife makes just under 200K, I, I mean my friend just got a job making 80K. Would if be financially smarter for my Friend to stay home and not put his families' income over 200K? This is for my friend. ;)

Form a corporation and make all of your relatives be on the board of directors, buy lots of expensive show cattle, hold your board meetings at national shows, have the annual board meeting in Tahiti, blow all of the wifes salary on corporate costs........wake up, wake up........never mind, it was just a dream!!!    Good luck with your quandry.  Never in my life would I think we would get punished for finally being successful in our careers.

knabe

bankrupt coal with cap and trade.

bankrupt the stock market with cap and trade.

is there at least one example that obama agrees with capitalism?

in spite of my leanings, i've searched and haven't found it.

this is pretty funny.

Obama campaign workers angry over unpaid wages

Former Obama workers claim they were short-changed

Jeremy Brilliant/Eyewitness News

Indianapolis - Lines were long and tempers flared Wednesday not to vote but to get paid for canvassing for Barack Obama. Several hundred people are still waiting to get their pay for last-minute campaigning. Police were called to the Obama campaign office on North Meridian Street downtown to control the crowd.

The line was long and the crowd was angry at times.

"I want my money today! It's my money. I want it right now!" yelled one former campaign worker.

you have got to be kidding.  they want THEIR money?

Beach Limousin

I must state first that I was cheering for either one: however, there was one candidate that said somethings that just sounded like common sense, and he won.

1) Working with health insurance companies to eliminate lifetime expectancies and preexisting conditions. This may not be a big deal to most, but I have a nephew that has a liver transplant at three months old, so you can only imagine the medical bills. Try getting insurance for a two year old that needs speech and physical therapy, its not that easy or cheap and its about time somebody realized the problem. Obama watched his mother die, not because there was no treatment but rather because the insurance company said they would not pay because it was a preexisting condition. THATS CRAP!

2) Raising taxes on big businesses, then giving bigger tax breaks to companies that create jobs in America seems like good common since. Giving tax breaks to companies who send jobs overseas is completely absurd! I personally do not see that as distributing the wealth, but rather creating jobs and growing the economy. Think what was the economy like under Clinton?

3) Its about time we start going after the people who attacked us, rather than spending money in a country who has a surplus and had NOTHING to do with 9-11! It is crazy the way the Bush has apparently forgot who actually attacked us. Finish one job before you start another!

I am a cattlemen, and I do have a concern about the church he attended; however, I spent hours upon hours actually researching the facts about the candidates and what they stood for. I believe that Obamas calm thinking (rather than McCain's hot head) is something that will be a great asset. I also believe that its about time we get back to encouraging community service. Growing up in the 4-H and FFA that is something that is very important to me. Also, It is about time that we start rebuilding our friendships around the world.

I have the greatest respect for John McCain and his service for our country, and like Biden I do not question his motives. Everybody wants to make this country better, but I do questions the steps that he wanted to take and the direction we would have went. Again all of this is just my opinion after all of my research.

knabe

Beach Limousin said:
I also believe that its about time we get back to encouraging community service.

encouraging but not mandating.  have heard murmurs about mandate from obama including a service as large as the military.

many community service options are open including many set up by previous presidents.  there is too much of this through the inefficient government. 

some volunteer stuff works best without government funds, tax breaks, yes i don't believe in tax breaks for charity because it is abused to often to fund madrassas and idealogues based on who is in office like bush for extra credit for religious stuff and the left for left stuff.

the idea of doing something WITHOUT THE GOVERNMENT or a check from the government should be brought back.

kanshow

Has anyone seen the Howard Stern clip where they went to Harlem & interviewed voters.  They asked who they were voting for and then why are you voting for Obama, is it because of and they listed off McCain's platform.  The person interviewed would agree because they truly had NO CLUE why they were voting for Obama.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5p3OB6roAg&feature=related