Obama Nation

Help Support Steer Planet:

MYT Farms

I didn't cry when I got my hand smashed between a heavy metal post tamper and a solid steel gate post. Last night, I came pretty close.

ShowmanQ

cowz said:
I will share the "water cooler" conversation that the women at my workplace had yesterday.  It is too late now, but I believe it bears some thought and conversation.  The question was...Why do most liberal women absolutely hate Sarah Palin?   Thanks to Oprah and the View, most women in the media detest her and maintain that she was the one that would repeal Roe vs Wade and take us back to the dark ages.   Roll back 20 years ago and the "feminist" croud would have voted for any woman on the ticket just to get a woman in office.

Our little group of educated professionals came to the conclusion that because Sarah Palin had the right to CHOOSE, and she CHOSE to give birth to a Down's Syndrome child, that most of the liberals could not stand that and labeled her as backward.   The right to choose is currently everyone's right, one way or the other.  I know everyone is tired of this, but we really thought our observation was unique.

OH...ABORTION, the issue that seems to strike emotions of anyone at anytime. Without getting too in depth, I will say this. There are plenty of wonderful people in the world who crave the opportunity to have a child and cannot. Why not allow them the opportunity to adopt, rather than never giving the CHILD (yes a fetus is a child) the opportunity to be loved.
ON THE OTHER HAND... I am not a "DIE HARD" Republican for a few reasons, 1) being that most "DIE HARD" Republicans do not think it should be allowed for a homosexual couple to adopt children. WHY NOT? Where has it been studied that two homosexual people cannnot raise a child just as well as a heterosexual couple? In some cases, I think it would be better for a child to be adopted into family of homosexual parents and be cared for and loved / rather than being adopted by a heterosexual couple so that they can get a tax break and remain on welfare.
GO NADER!!!  (lol) I am a registered Republican, however if I was given a better option thorugh a Democrat I would do what was needed. This time was not the case. We were forced to pick the lesser of the evils. Sad part of it is, the majority of America, eveidentally, cannot tell the difference between GW BUSH and John McCain. Believe it or not, they are 2 different people.
OH MY....I got political. Enough of that....So who's going to Louisville? ;)

knabe

cowz said:
  The question was...Why do most liberal women absolutely hate Sarah Palin?   

diversity will not be allowed.  must..... be......in ...........lock............step.  unity.........for.........the..........sake.........of.........unity................change............for...........change................sake...............ugh..........must...............puke.............hypocrisy................

DLD

I was talking to a cattleman that I respect alot this morning.  One whose name and cattle have been mentioned on here many times.  He told me that he voted for Obama because he seemed to care about the people of this country - all the people...

I pray he's right.

knabe

DLD said:
I was talking to a cattleman that I respect alot this morning.  One whose name and cattle have been mentioned on here many times.  He told me that he voted for Obama because he seemed to care about the people of this country - all the people...

I pray he's right.

all the people?  "seems" to care might be the operative word.  voting "present" is seeming to care.  voting yes or no means you have to take a stand on revenue and expenditures, something obama has been unwilling to do.  he's unwilling to do it for his own family. 

his aunt.  what does "this country is based on the rule of law" mean?  is he going to impede getting her deported?  and what of all the illegal aliens, and any other law breaker?

he HAS to take a stand now.  of course he won't.  he will devalue citizenship for those that played by the rules.  any wagers, or too scared you'll lose?

i bet 1 straw of irish whiskey semen he grants amnesty.

i don't know if i'd wager on whether his aunt gets deported.

this is making me puke.  OBAMA, THE FIRST GLOBAL PRESIDENT.  WHAT SOVEREIGNTY WILL HE GIVE UP?  Yet the emulated europe has no black representation at the top.  typical hypocrites.

"This is the fall of the Berlin Wall times ten," Rama Yade, France's black junior minister for human rights, told French radio. "America is rebecoming a New World.  WHAT AN IDIOT. 

DLD

lol - I didn't say it was my opinion knabe (I know, you didn't either).  Just thought it was an interesting thought, especially considering the source.

C-CROSS

Back to my statement I meant it was not the farmers and ranchers, sorry for the typo.

red

our brother-in-law voted for Obama because of McCain's comments on ethanol.
I was surprised at how many farmers had Obama signs in their yard.

Red

Show Heifer

I have not read all these post.....so maybe this has been brought up but...

We will only have 2 years of the true obama......because in 2 years he will start his campaign again.

Look at the past......4 years in senate (2 of that was wasted on campaigning and not in the senate)
                                  2-3 years in Chicago (2 of which was spent campaigning for senate and not working for Community Chicago)
                                  From what I gathered he switched schools every 2-3 years (How would one know......his past is kinda murky)

And one poll no one did that would have spoke volumes:  If you voted for obama, name 2 of his specific policies that you agree with. I am guessing less than 50% could actually tell you a policy or belief that they agreed with.....but they sure could tell you what he looked like.

But like I said.....2 years and then he will be kissing butt again, and paying off his Chicago thugs again......Is there ANY honest polititians that are in or come from IL?????

red

Show Heifer said:
.....Is there ANY honest polititians that are in or come from IL?????

(lol) it used to be Louisiana that had the crooked ones. Maybe IL has taken that title.

MYT Farms

My apologies for butting in and saying this about those who serve in the government, but are there ANY honest politicians?

shortyjock89

Illinois south of I 80 is full of honest people, and some of them are even politicians.  It's that damn Democratic machine in Chicago that turns out the crooks.  Blagojevitch and Obama are affiliated with a lot of the same people, and all of us folks in IL know how the state has been run.....expect more of the same for the whole country.  It's not going to be pretty.  If they had just divided up IL into two states, Chicagoland and Illinois, we wouldn't be in this mess.

kanshow

Olson Family Shorthorns said:
Illinois south of I 80 is full of honest people, and some of them are even politicians.  It's that damn Democratic machine in Chicago that turns out the crooks.  Blagojevitch and Obama are affiliated with a lot of the same people, and all of us folks in IL know how the state has been run.....expect more of the same for the whole country.  It's not going to be pretty.  If they had just divided up IL into two states, Chicagoland and Illinois, we wouldn't be in this mess.
Truly, this is where our Electorial votes fail us....   

cattlejunky

Everyone needs to  go the MSNBC Election map and click on each state.  It shows how each county voted in that State.  It is very interesting. In Indiana the counties with Purdue, IU, & Ball State, and a large number of UAW members voted Obama.  Someone mentioned Ohio it was very similar the urban areas voted for Obama.  Not a racist election at all!  Rural america voted for McCain in almost every state including California.  The % for McCain is extremely high in most rural counties.  The % for Obama in urban areas is extremely high.  

red

our county had McCain w/ about a 50% lead. I think all the offices went Republican.

shortyjock89

cattlejunky said:
Everyone needs to  go the MSNBC Election map and click on each state.  It shows how each county voted in that State.  It is very interesting. In Indiana the counties with Purdue, IU, & Ball State, and a large number of UAW members voted Obama.  Someone mentioned Ohio it was very similar the urban areas voted for Obama.  Not a racist election at all!  Rural america voted for McCain in almost every state including California.  The % for McCain is extremely high in most rural counties.  The % for Obama in urban areas is extremely high.  

He didn't do much of a job unifying the nation before he was elected, did he?  Lets see what happens when he raises taxes for all of us "well to do" people....making over $250k/year..pshaw.  Any farmer who has enough acres to not have another job makes WELL over that, gross.  It's the net income we need to look at, a lot of businesses are going to be hurting.

red

we farm 3600 acres & our income tax report has us -$90,000. Yes, that's negative.

knabe

Show Heifer said:
And one poll no one did that would have spoke volumes:  If you voted for obama, name 2 of his specific policies that you agree with. I am guessing less than 50% could actually tell you a policy or belief that they agreed with.....but they sure could tell you what he looked like.

true that.

several spoofs listing palin as his running mate and they agreed with obama choosing her.

shortyjock89

red said:
we farm 3600 acres & our income tax report has us -$90,000. Yes, that's negative.

Exactly.  Ours shows much the same, adjust it to farming just over half of what you all do.  But.  We'll still get taxed more because we deal with money in the hundreds of thousands, and even millions of dollars, even though we don't use much of that money to care for our families.

Show Dad

The way Washington will look at it is that if you have that much money to lose then they will need to raise your taxes so they get their fair share. Next they will determine that you are a big polluter and fine you $100K and charge you for the clean up. They will require you to then file for a special use permit and do an environmental impact study. Which will find that you have an endangered blood sucking fly so you will not be able to get the special use permit. You will still have to pay property tax but won't be able to use the land for anything but let the grass and weeds grow. After two year of letting it grown naturally the county will declare your place out of compliance with the local zone laws as it has become a hazard and an eyesore. The will condemn your farm giving you a check well below what the property is worth. They will then sell it to a contractor who will build a housing addition making a tidy profit. The IRS will audit you and determined that you owe capital gain taxes taking what little you made.

In the end you will have been a great patriot for paying in all the government has asked.
Remember this is the land of the free. But it is very costly isn't it?

Red wake up, WAKE UP!! You were just having a nightmare! ;)