Obama Nation

Help Support Steer Planet:

BIGTEX

First reaction. I feel worse than I did after Texas lost to Tech. Second reaction, I just threw up.

buckeye

Well if you think Bush did such a great job please wake up and McCain would follow in the same trend as Bush, continue to hurt our economy. I am glad it will done over with very shortly! you people can say what you want but America has spoken!  <hero>

showsteerdlux

Yes America has spoken. They have spoken based on emotion instead of logic and as all Logical people realize, this almost always leads to problems. Just remember that Bush had a democratic senate and house behind him. Can't blame everything on him. Lastly, maybe just maybe if Obama was doing his appointed job while in senate (I guess this would make way to much sense), maybe we wouldn't have as many problems with the economy and other things. Sorry but not everyone agrees with his theory of change which I have yet to hear about what it entails.

kanshow

you want but America has spoken!
 Check the popular vote.... there wasn't that big of a difference.   

You also might want to check some history.. re: the mess the Clinton years put us in or how about those Carter years??     Another thing..   have you ever stopped to think where all this money is coming from that Obama is going to spend?   Right out of your pocket.

renegade

Oh wow I am completely and totally disappointed! I DONT think this is going to be a GOOD change for our country and I dont think everyone is going to be cheering before long. If you want to put the Flag icon for something it should be for mccain because he was a pow for five years what has obama done?

McCAIN  <hero>

nlgriff

Everybody is going to have problems with each of the candidates..
'My opinion you can't judge each of them to hard til they show you what they can do.. and Obama is going to have the chance to do it first..
He may end up being the greatest president ever or else he could go down as being the worst.. We DONT know yet..

justintime

looks like the people have indeed spoken.... now we need to give the guy a fair chance to see how he will lead. It was interesting tonight, watching the results come in. Mccain took every state from Texas north to the Canadian border. It looked like the agricultural heartland states all voted for him. maybe that is an over simplification. I am 30 miles from being an American, butr tonight I feel sad.

Show Dad

The silver lining in the storm clouds of election day 2008.

Yes we have a change in power in the presidency. But did you notice his coat tails were hardly noticeable. The dems failed to get 60 seats in the senate and only picked up a dozen seats in the house. With all that was going their way they couldn't get a mandate. Obama is going to suffer from over expectations and unless there is a stellar performance he will only get 4 years.

The other is that moderate republicanism doesn't win elections. McCain was dead in the water until he picked the conservative Palin for VP.

Obama had a strategy of demoralizing his opponents base. Which is actually a divisive policy and will come back to hurt him. The seeds of his defeat have been laid. Pray for our new leadership in Washington and our country.

shortdawg

We got a new Sherriff (  a family friend & hunting buddy) who won handily, 70-30
One of my fellow School Board members lost in a close race so I've got a new one to get to know
My cousin ended up in a run-off for Probate Court Judge to be decided in Dec. His opponent has been in local politics longer than he's been alive. Pretty strong for a 26 yr. old
And there's the new president..................????????? I really don't have any problem with his race at all but his religious background bothers me A LOT. This country was founded on Christian values and he has none. I have been and will continue to pray for our country because there's a lot of uncertianty about our future. JMVHO, take it for what it's worth !

Cowboy

I can verify McCains service to this country -- you see -- as I was being shoved out the door of the C-130 over Cambodia (Wasn't sposed to even be there yet) at the old age of 18, John was already in the luxury hotel in Hanoi -- having some serious massages done -- they called it THEROPY -- but to those who endured it -- it was simply torture. Unless you can call getting half of your bones broken -- your hands crushed, jaws broke -- etc etc -- a pleasure.

I can only imagine the pain that man went thru -- and he never broke ranks -- he never talked. A TRUE hero. I thought I had it bad while having to stand in mud and water for days looking inconspicuous to the enemy -- I can only say Thank You John !!

I am one worried human tonight -- Obama's money history bothers me some, where did he get SOOOO much money to campaign all this time??? Sure wasn't from the welfare office. Just too darn many things that simply don't add up -- too smooth if you will!

And for those that think this was not at all a race issue -- did you see the great Mr Jackson shedding tears at the party?? Pucker up USA, you might need to stand in the corner looking OUT to the center just in case!

Sorry -- but I am still a Cowboy, and we don't like "Unidentified" change much! Any one know what the mistery CHANGE is gonna be??? I'd lay odds on it -- but not tonight!

Best of luck to every one -- and GOD BLESS US ALL

Terry

farwest

My congrats to obama for being clever enough to win the election, by making the unemployed who don't want a job line up in droves thinking he will be robinhood, stealing from the successful, handing out to them.  By preying on the young vote promising free college for something in return, more handout's.  By preying on the people who have lost 25 percent of their 401k the last 4 month's who are too blind to realize this housing cirisis started under the clinton years when fannie mae and freddie mac began their bad policies and too blind to know bush and greenspan warned the democratic controlled washington of the problems arising.  He won preying on our energy problems, blaming them on Bush who supported drilling in  alaska and offshore only to be shot down by the democrats. He won by preying on the lives lost in Iraq, a war 99 out of 100 president would have started with the public support of it at the start.  And lastly but mostly from day one he knew he would win by race, look at the exit polls, this was a racial election.  Yes Obama is very clever and smart, now let's see how it's used.

Throttle

justintime said:
It looked like the agricultural heartland states all voted for him. maybe that is an over simplification.

except for the major corn belt (and midwestern show calf) states of OH, IN, IL, IA, MN

Jill

SD said:
Pray for our new leadership in Washington and our country.

I am terribly dissappointed in the choice this country has made, but SD is right this is our choice now.

BIGTEX

This is what happens when so many uniformed voters get out and vote.

Why should we stand behind him and show him our support when no one gave or gives Bush any support. Shouldn't we act just as disgusted as the Bush haters have. I think it is great that America has gotten past the whole race thing. I think we just elected the wrong black man.  I saw so many KILL BUSH t-shirts at Democratic rallies, can we make 'em the other way around? It a sad day when bad countries around the world are celebrating. I hope Israel does not disappear.

cattlejunky

I do not have much to say other than I am really disappointed in Indiana for going BLUE!  Palin 2012!!

dlwardell

Curious as to why the original Obama supporter used the American flag?  Obama just uses his 'symbol' and even removed the flag from his newly remodeled plane....